ADVERTISEMENT

Would you have taken National runner-up

D1 B2B final game two years in a row?

No Iowa sport outside of wrestling has ever had that kind of a run. Really, no team from any state school has ever done anything remotely close.

Reactions: NI hawk
It appears so. Iowa men’s basketball is in a sad state, and past performance is a predictor of future performance…..well, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out where we are going with Fran at the helm.

• Sad
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Absolutely!

Yeah, it's sad they didn't win either time, but for a school like Iowa to make the final game not once...but twice...in a sport that is top heavy and dominated by a few teams that are loaded with most of the best players, it's amazing!

So who is gonna give me my national championship?.............

F9SwlqwWMAAfr0H

iowa is the king of manufacturing good looking w-l records and finishing runner-up in championship games whether it's in basketball (w) or football. our coaching staffs continue to waste golden opportunities despite fielding the country's best players, offense (wbb), or defense (fb). i could write pages on how digusted and unsatisfied i feel but i cannot do so with a straight face.

There were lots of very disappointed Iowa fans on Sunday and just as many very disappointed Purdue fans last night. Doesn't take away from what each team accomplished just getting there over 300+ other teams in the country. It's a huge accomplishment, and yet a huge disappointment having come so close only to lose that last game. Human nature to be disappointed. Can't change that.

Had Iowa beat them again this year, I'm afraid the whole South Carolina team and coaching staff would start doubting life.

I know many Iowa fans here are doubting life now, but remember this: LSU went to the Final Four for 4 consecutive years and didn't make the final once. That only changed last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT