ADVERTISEMENT

Would you rather?

Would you rather have a rat problem or no parking spot?

• Have a parking spot near my home, but always have a rat problem.

• Never have a rat problem, but never have a parking spot near my home.

Results are only viewable after voting.

millah_22

HR Legend
Jun 15, 2004
Omaha
Was thinking about listening to This American Life this morning.

NYC and the rat czar are looking to cut down on the rat population (good) but in order to do so they need to make space for the bins, which could remove 175,000 parking spaces (bad).

So my question is would you rather be able to park within a block of your home (WHERE YOU LIVE NOW, NOT HYPOTHETICAL YOU LIVING IN NYC), but ALWAYS have a rat problem or never have rats, but ALWAYS have to park at least 2 or more blocks from your home.

Last edited:
Also, I did not know this, but in the 60's, only 10% of NYC had a rat problem. With the development of the plastic trash bag, the then mayor made a municipal change that they would get rid of cans and everyone would put their bags of trash on the curb for the city to pick up.

The speed of the city trash pick up improved by 20%, but the rat problem exploded to 90% of the city.

I hate rats
the-departed-drama.gif

Updated question for to be where you live right now and not hypothetical NYC
I guess I'd take the rats. Most everything I need to get to (except the grocery store and the Mexican bar/restaurant) is driving distance for me, so I'd always be walking all the extra distance to/from my car.

I'll figure out a way to deal with, or coexist with, the ratas.

dc3be994c145c693da7dfdefef2e73a3fe627df4.gif

There's a damn rat that been eating all my garden produce. He ate a few baby watermelon, baby tomatoes, about 40 baby ears of corn I had growing. He's eating everything before it even has a chance to grow. I think it's time for him to die.

Well we don’t have a rat problem but we do have mice in the garage and one even chewed the hell out of some wires on the wife’s vehicle.
Surprised insurance covered it.
F*chin mice and chipmunks can go to hell

There's a damn rat that been eating all my garden produce. He ate a few baby watermelon, baby tomatoes, about 40 baby ears of corn I had growing. He's eating everything before it even has a chance to grow. I think it's time for him to die.

We have squirrels that do that. The only solution I've found is to grow WAAAAY more than we would ever need and the squirrels can't eat it all.

Last time I was in NYC(January) there was signs and shit about making changes to sanitation pick up. I’m assuming this is related? It is kind of strange that they have been just throwing the trash out on the streets to get picked up for so long. NYC is a world class city, but it’s also a huge shithole lol.

Last time I was in NYC(January) there was signs and shit about making changes to sanitation pick up. I’m assuming this is related? It is kind of strange that they have been just throwing the trash out on the streets to get picked up for so long. NYC is a world class city, but it’s also a huge shithole lol.
They mentioned that Glad and other bag manufacturers dump a ton of $$$ into NYC politics.

Why would I want a parking space near OP’s house?
For when you are banging his mom.
Good luck getting a spot close to the house most nights, however. I do appreciate the valet parking on weekend nights. I wish they provided it every night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT