ADVERTISEMENT

Wouldja? (Beer edition)

McLovin32

HR Legend
Feb 1, 2008
I generally like most of the beers I've had from Modist Brewing, and will be checking out their brewery when I'm up in the Twin Cities in a couple months, but this is an odd one. Am I thinking about buying it? Absolutely. Do I think it's going to taste great? Absolutely not. It'll also probably make me crap my pants instantly.

RLPOISJ3NZGH3IGULDWDLDYABY.png

Why only HORMEL® Chili Cheese Dip when you could HORMEL® Chili Cheese Sip too???
Yep. We did it. We gone and put cheese and HORMEL® Chili spices into a lager and… it’s actually pretty .

When the folks at the makers of HORMEL® Chili reached out to us, our first thought was “Are we getting a C&D? For what?” but once we actually opened up the email and saw that they wanted to create an unexpected sip inspired by everybody’s favorite dip, HORMEL® Chili Cheese Dip, we were like “sure.” And then we did.

So now it’s here and it’s about to get weird. This surprisingly tasty treat is ready for your “Big Game” watching experience BEGINNING TODAY (Jan. 24). If you’re local, the Modist x HORMEL® Chili Cheese Brew can be purchased via our online store NOW for $12 per 4-pack (limit 2). So throw it in your cart (our online store does NOT offer cart protection) and your very own 4-pack of the dip turned sip will be waiting for you as soon as our taproom opens at 4 pm. Cans will also be available to drink in the taproom if you just can’t wait.

Not local? Snatch some four-packs at www.HormelChiliCheeseBrew.com while supplies last. The party friendly four-packs are available for $24 ($12 +shipping & handling), which includes shipping and handling. HORMEL® Chili Cheese Brew will ship in time for fans to enjoy when watching the Big Game on Feb. 12.

How can beer taste like chili cheese dip? Well, let me tell you, this crushable American lager features Minnesota Pilsner barley malt and flaked corn. With this delicious corn chip flavored base, we concocted a mix of savory spices and hints of cheddar cheese powder to bring the flavors of HORMEL® Chili Cheese Dip to life. To learn more about the HORMEL® Chili Cheese Brew, watch the video here.

IT’S DIP O’CLOCK, YA’LL.

Last edited:
I generally like most of the beers I've had from Modist Brewing, and will be checking out their brewery when I'm up in the Twin Cities in a couple months, but this is an odd one. Will I buy it if I see it in stores around here? Absolutely. Do I think it's going to taste great? Absolutely not. It'll also probably make me crap my pants instantly.

Why only HORMEL® Chili Cheese Dip when you could HORMEL® Chili Cheese Sip too???
Yep. We did it. We gone and put cheese and HORMEL® Chili spices into a lager and… it’s actually pretty .

When the folks at the makers of HORMEL® Chili reached out to us, our first thought was “Are we getting a C&D? For what?” but once we actually opened up the email and saw that they wanted to create an unexpected sip inspired by everybody’s favorite dip, HORMEL® Chili Cheese Dip, we were like “sure.” And then we did.

So now it’s here and it’s about to get weird. This surprisingly tasty treat is ready for your “Big Game” watching experience BEGINNING TODAY (Jan. 24). If you’re local, the Modist x HORMEL® Chili Cheese Brew can be purchased via our online store NOW for $12 per 4-pack (limit 2). So throw it in your cart (our online store does NOT offer cart protection) and your very own 4-pack of the dip turned sip will be waiting for you as soon as our taproom opens at 4 pm. Cans will also be available to drink in the taproom if you just can’t wait.

Not local? Snatch some four-packs at www.HormelChiliCheeseBrew.com while supplies last. The party friendly four-packs are available for $24 ($12 +shipping & handling), which includes shipping and handling. HORMEL® Chili Cheese Brew will ship in time for fans to enjoy when watching the Big Game on Feb. 12.

How can beer taste like chili cheese dip? Well, let me tell you, this crushable American lager features Minnesota Pilsner barley malt and flaked corn. With this delicious corn chip flavored base, we concocted a mix of savory spices and hints of cheddar cheese powder to bring the flavors of HORMEL® Chili Cheese Dip to life. To learn more about the HORMEL® Chili Cheese Brew, watch the video here.

IT’S DIP O’CLOCK, YA’LL.

Gross

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I love spicy food but have generally not loved spiced/pepper beers or winter beers that are overly spiced with nutmeg, ginger etc. So yeah, I'd try it. But I wouldn't be expecting much.

Reactions: McLovin32
I love spicy food but have generally not loved spiced/pepper beers or winter beers that are overly spiced with nutmeg, ginger etc. So yeah, I'd try it. But I wouldn't be expecting much.
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. The gf (no pics) mentioned the beer cheese/cooking aspect of it so I figured why not. Will report back once it arrives.

Reactions: Moral
I generally like most of the beers I've had from Modist Brewing, and will be checking out their brewery when I'm up in the Twin Cities in a couple months, but this is an odd one. Am I thinking about buying it? Absolutely. Do I think it's going to taste great? Absolutely not. It'll also probably make me crap my pants instantly.

IT’S DIP O’CLOCK, YA’LL.

Seriously, what is the Hormel Chili experience without being able to shit through a screen door afterwards?

• Haha
I’d maybe add a tablespoon or two of actual Hormel chili to the beer.

It might help

I'd try some of their other stuff, but probably not that.

Seems like they have some pretty decent brews.

I'd hit Blackstack if in the TCs (as I've had some of theirs and they are excellent), but Modist (which I had not heard of) looks like they've got some good options there.

Had quite a few chili-beers from GABF, etc. Not many are really done all that well; mostly novelty. That said, the "Experimental Beer" or "Experimental IPA" categories from GABF often have some of the absolute best stuff, and worst stuff, you'll find. Breweries willing to try some of the weird stuff can sometimes pull off some absolute gems.

Beers I never ever would have tried, had I not had them recommended by folks who I know only drink the best shit include:

My Name is Indigo Montoya - Ex Novo
Sour, Looks almost like green Windex

BRAAAINs - Drekker:
their slushy sours (just BRAAAAAINs series, other stuff from them is just too sugary); but those fruit-slush-like sours are pretty damn tasty on hot summer days/nights as a change of pace

Candy Baa series - Baa Baa Brewery (first slushy one I ever tried, and it looked horrible, but was surprisingly good stuff)

I had a green chili beer from a place in Columbia MO once and it was one of the better beers I’ve had. It was delicious. Flatbranch was the place I think.
Amica's in Salida, Colorado makes a Green Chile Beer and it is delicious. A gut bomb and I can only drink one at a time, but damn good.

Alright boyz. I can’t drink more than one in a sitting I don’t think. Buuuuut it’s not bad. At all. Surprisingly good, despite every bit of my mind telling me it should be gross.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT