ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestlography 101 Class

Chad Dietz, Tracy Dietz, Kirk Rathjen? Or there was a Smith around the same time as Mike NcGivern

yep! i just went by hawks or d1. All great wrestlers. Still watch their finals matches. Kirk ragdolled his guy the last time I watched his match. Caleb has some good genes.

Didn't Humboldt have a really tough kid with 1 partially amputated leg? I want to say his first name was Wade, but might be way off. Does that ring a bell for anybody?
Yes, Wade Satern. Brother Luke was also a state champion. I based mine more off of college performances.

Reactions: 24 so far
Yes, Wade Satern. Brother Luke was also a state champion. I based mine more off of college performances.
Thanks for info. I get why you listed who you did, it just brought Wade to mind because I thought he was from Humboldt. I just remember watching him and he was one hard nosed SOB as I recall.

I always wanted to wrestle Kathy growing up.

Miss Kay is a saint for putting up with Terry’s nonsense as a kid.
I lived right next door to them growing up, I could tell Cook stories all day......lol! I still keep in contact with Terry, and then also Tim & Christy thru FB.

Reactions: el dub
I lived right next door to them growing up, I could tell Cook stories all day......lol! I still keep in contact with Terry, and then also Tim & Christy thru FB.
You sure did. A couple months back I just about bought an old Buick Riviera from the folks who live there now. The old timer that owns the Accounting firm (Winther).

Pizzi wrestled at Central Missouri State. He was a teammate of mine.
Thanks for the info. Didn't know that. He was on a roll his junior year in hs but his postseason got derailed by a discipline infraction. I firmly believe he would have won a PIAA championship had he been allowed to wrestle.

From my High School alone :

Barry Davis
Jimmy Zalesky
Lenny Zalesky
Trent Hynek
Matt Hatcher

I had the "honor" of getting beat by Rich Stillman when he was a Soph. and I was a freshman I believe (he won State that year and 3 total). He was the "original" Bull before Alex Marinelli came along in my opinion. Ha!

I thought he was DI caliber for sure, and I would be shocked if he wasn't being recruited by DI schools but he never went that route and was an Official for many years. Seemed like a super nice guy when he wasn't mauling you on a wrestling mat! Ha! Jeff Kerber too. They had quite the team in Eburg in those days.

Rich was a bull for sure, tough as steel farm boy. He was a 3 timer. He did have a number of D1 offers to some big programs and yes a great guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmlawdad
Burlington. Drew Foster.
Not sure who would come after that...not a hotbed of wrestling and I don't think BHS ever had a state champ until around late 90s/early 2000s

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT