ADVERTISEMENT

WTF is wrong with WNBA refs...holy Sh!t they're bad...just effing horrible

Poor officiating has been going on for decades.
Why so surprised now by it?
And to be fair I’m really not picking on officials. The new rules over the years in several sports is a joke. To think refs can see all the calls.
Also having 12+ cameras at a game to see several angles just gets the more common fans riled up.
And those that constantly complain about officials…. Do something about it and become a ref! Otherwise stop your complaining and stfu. There are more important things life then to get worked up about a meaningless sporting event.

They kept screwing up and then they kept spending 5 minutes trying to fix their screwups. Bargain basement discount refs. One of Clark's teammates got tackled and then the next possession Clark got fouled on the hand shooting a 3 but somehow no challenge was made and suddenly storm had the ball for an inbounds.

I've been watching NBA playoff games and the refs are way better at making the right call and that's with everything happening twice as fast.

And to be fair I’m really not picking on officials. The new rules over the years in several sports is a joke. To think refs can see all the calls.
Also having 12+ cameras at a game to see several angles just gets the more common fans riled up.
And those that constantly complain about officials…. Do something about it and become a ref! Otherwise stop your complaining and stfu. There are more important things life then to get worked up about a meaningless sporting event.
Not pointing out incompetence and quitting our professional careers to pursue a career as a WNBA ref is a reasonable suggestion.

"Otherwise stop your complaining and stfu. There are more important things life then to get worked up about a meaningless sporting event."

There are also more important things in life than telling others how they should react to horrible officiating.

This is typical. That might be a 15-yard penalty in football, but in the WNBA, when a black player steamrolls a white rookie, it's simply ignored. The WNBA is bullshit. There are reasons nobody watched that farce until Caitlin came along. (But don't believe me. Ask LeBron James, among many others.)

The WNBA is often a mosh pit, an octagon, a boxing ring--anything but basketball.

Hell yah, who could possibly be expected to see the player with the ball run over the defender like this? That's gotta be damn near impossible. And if it's "a meaningless sporting event," what the hell are you doing wasting your time on this board? Go do something real, like supporting that racist MAGA psychopath.

The WNBA has a huge spike in attendence and TV viewership. This is their chance, they cannot eff it up. Fans want to see good basketball, not street brawls. The reffing has to be addressed. Long-term, they need to upgrade the quality of officials (you get what you pay for). In the short term, there needs to be a league directive to blow the whistle more.

The WNBA has a huge spike in attendence and TV viewership. This is their chance, they cannot eff it up. Fans want to see good basketball, not street brawls. The reffing has to be addressed. Long-term, they need to upgrade the quality of officials (you get what you pay for). In the short term, there needs to be a league directive to blow the whistle more.
I hate to say but I think most of the opportunity has already been lost. In retrospect, the schedule they started Indiana out with almost assured that happening.

Except for last night I've watched all of Caitlin's games in the W. I am not going to watch Caitlin be taught a lesson while her head takes a wind up and a swing at the other end. I love Caitlin but this barely looks like basketball. It's garbage. The WNBA is screwing this up so bad. I do not get why the refs are letting the leagues golden goose to get literally beaten on every game. Explain it to me like I'm 5. Why?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT