ADVERTISEMENT

Wyatt Hendrickson in the Portal.

it's cool. Iowa has a quarter timer at HVY or a possible R12 guy in 3 years. nothing to see here. we like our guys.
Just brace yourself for Alirez , who we desperately need, to announce he’s jumping on the Taylor train soon. When a program signs a big exciting name like this, they will get many top recruits willing to chase the new shiny thing. If they don’t dominate everyone but PSU with this infusion of talent, then the shine might wear off Taylor in 3-4 years. We have to try to hold onto 3rd best so if this happens, we can step into 2, and maybe shot at PSU if Taylor steals enough top recruits over next 3 years.

Just brace yourself for Alirez , who we desperately need, to announce he’s jumping on the Taylor train soon. When a program signs a big exciting name like this, they will get many top recruits willing to chase the new shiny thing. If they don’t dominate everyone but PSU with this infusion of talent, then the shine might wear off Taylor in 3-4 years. We have to try to hold onto 3rd best so if this happens, we can step into 2, and maybe shot at PSU if Taylor steals enough top recruits over next 3 years.
Even ASU went on a recruiting hot streak after the program got saved and Zeke came in. DT to OSU has a whole lot more fuel behind it.

Interesting...guess he is going to be a guard or reserve guy then?
I didn’t see it coming until yesterday when I read the Morgan McIntosh story and how he is using WCAP (World Class Athlete Program) to train at the NLWC. Wyatt can train at any RTC through the next Olympic cycle as part of his commitment. WCAP is considered a marketing tool for the military, so I guess that's how the military justifies it. I believe part of the deal includes an extension to his commitment.

I thought Wyatt was a one year hire. At four years, he is an extremely valuable asset to OSU, and not only does it not cost OSU a penny, the Air Force will be paying them to take Wyatt. Sweet deal.

Last edited:
I didn’t see it coming until yesterday when I read the Morgan McIntosh story and how he is using WCAP (World Class Athlete Program) to train at the NLWC. Wyatt can train at any RTC through the next Olympic cycle as part of his commitment. WCAP is considered a marketing tool for the military, so I guess that's how the military justifies it. I believe part of the deal includes an extension to his commitment.

I thought Wyatt was a one year hire. At four years, he is an extremely valuable asset to OSU, and not only does it not cost OSU a penny, the Air Force will be paying them to take Wyatt. Sweet deal.
Wow, that is nice. More wrestlers will/should probably utilize this program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT