ADVERTISEMENT

Wyatt Hendrickson to Okie State according to twitter

Wow, if it's true. Big commit for them.
A coaching change then a bunch of high profile recruits and big name transfers….hmmm, makes a guy wonder if young wrestlers are still willing to flock to big name, prestigious schools, that have fallen on hard times if a change is made that gives them hope.

There is hope for us Hawkeye Jedi yet!

Not only are we killing it in recruiting, but we’re also killing it in the portal!
Ohh I tell ya, we keep killing it we'll be dead.

Respect I Tell Ya GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

committed or not at least they have some news of possible improvement after getting dragged by PSU at NCAA tourney.

If they are getting high profile visits and commitments like Lockett, everyone knows it Scott. Don’t know why they are dragging their feet announcing it.
I've assumed it will be Scott, but have never seen an official announcement.
I wonder if during the recruiting process they are telling them Scott will be the head coach, even though nothing has come out publicly yet?

I would hope that keuter is already on full feed...dude is tiny for a HWT.

Wyatt is a horse, he rag-dolled Cass
I would hope so too. He's not in 2 deeps. His name hasn't come up in spring. people will say the LB unit is loaded and that's true but...

Aaron Graves was a local 4 star and played 12 games as a true Fr on a DL that had Waggoner, Noah Shannon, Joe Evans, Black, Van Ness, Deontae Craig, and Logan Lee.

Nwankpa was a local 5 star that played in 13 games as a true Fr in a backfield that had Moss, Roberts, Merriweather, Schulte, Castro, DeJean.

Max Llewellyn was a local 4 star that cracked 2 deeps as a RS Fr on a line that included Graig, Graves, Black, Lee, Burkett, and Pittman.

Connor Colby was a local 4 star that started 11 games as a true Fr.

And.. the true freshmen crop of LBs are as talented as Iowa has ever signed.

He is way more of a project in football than is being acknowledged.

I would hope so too. He's not in 2 deeps. His name hasn't come up in spring. people will say the LB unit is loaded and that's true but...

Aaron Graves was a local 4 star and played 12 games as a true Fr on a DL that had Waggoner, Noah Shannon, Joe Evans, Black, Van Ness, Deontae Craig, and Logan Lee.

Nwankpa was a local 5 star that played in 13 games as a true Fr in a backfield that had Moss, Roberts, Merriweather, Schulte, Castro, DeJean.

Max Llewellyn was a local 4 star that cracked 2 deeps as a RS Fr on a line that included Graig, Graves, Black, Lee, Burkett, and Pittman.

Definitely a better wrestler. If wrestling payed like football, he would drop football in a heartbeat.

people will say the LB unit is loaded and that's true

Reactions: Bullethawk31
You can play in 4 games and retain your redshirt. He didn't even get snaps on special teams. Keuter was a perfect candidate for special teams and didn't get 1 snap. If his speed, tackling abilities, and aggression were there he would've played at least 4 games on special teams. You don't need to memorize a playbook. See guy with ball and tackle him. I don't get the Ben is an NFL prospect talk. Guys that play in the league typically flash early on and he won't see the field much this year either barring an injury to a starter. Selfishly he needs to kill the football dream and go all in on the mat.

You can play in 4 games and retain your redshirt. He didn't even get snaps on special teams. Keuter was a perfect candidate for special teams and didn't get 1 snap. If his speed, tackling abilities, and aggression were there he would've played at least 4 games on special teams. You don't need to memorize a playbook. See guy with ball and tackle him. I don't get the Ben is an NFL prospect talk. Guys that play in the league typically flash early on and he won't see the field much this year either barring an injury to a starter. Selfishly he needs to kill the football dream and go all in on the mat.
I was really surprised they didn’t get him in the maximum number of games without losing your redshirt. The few football highlights I seen of him in high school didn’t impress me, but I thought it was just me since he was a 4 star prospect. I think people think he’s NFL material because of his measurables and athleticism. Doesn’t guarantee you’ll be a good football player.

What's going on with Oklahoma State heavyweight Christian Carroll? Hendrickson move to OSU perplexing.

I was really surprised they didn’t get him in the maximum number of games without losing your redshirt. The few football highlights I seen of him in high school didn’t impress me, but I thought it was just me since he was a 4 star prospect. I think people think he’s NFL material because of his measurables and athleticism. Doesn’t guarantee you’ll be a good football player.
His highlights must have impressed somebody, he played in the AA Under Armour Game and was a top 5 linebacker in the nation. https://www.thegazette.com/iowa-foo...-ben-kueter-named-finalists-for-butkus-award/

Good thing for Ben you weren't the one deciding! LOL

After 8 months in, we have met with both football and wrestling. I think it's going to be ok, lol. A lot of "figuring this out" in the first 8 months and figuring out what Ben can handle and what each program needs.

He is on full feed and gaining.

I have been trying to stay off this damn thing, but it keeps pulling me back in, lol. (a little Godfather reference).

His highlights must have impressed somebody, he played in the AA Under Armour Game and was a top 5 linebacker in the nation. https://www.thegazette.com/iowa-foo...-ben-kueter-named-finalists-for-butkus-award/

After 8 months in, we have met with both football and wrestling. I think it's going to be ok, lol. A lot of "figuring this out" in the first 8 months and figuring out what Ben can handle and what each program needs.

I have been trying to stay off this damn thing, but it keeps pulling me back in, lol. (a little Godfather reference).
Love the inside, first-hand info, but I would stay away if I was you. It's a losing battle.

Overreaction?!? In the cesspool, never!

We all want Ben to be a NFL draft pick and a NCAA champ. But not seeing a snap in football, then sitting out the postseason in wrestling probably, has a lot of people wondering if either can happen.

Here's to a much-improved second season in both sports...and another 20 LBS of mass on that frame!

Oilchecker is right, Mrs. K. I have to agree that it's probably wise to stay away. While the inside info is nice, this place is called the cesspool for a reason. It'll drive you crazy if you let it.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT