ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster Injury

hawk_it

HR All-State
Jul 22, 2004
Per Matt Bain Twitter: Five-star 2020 PF Xavier Foster (Oskaloosa) won’t play in Milwaukee this week due to a broken bone in his foot, per his dad. They’ll re-evaluate before the final live period.

To me it doesn't change things much. He still will have the same opportunity to blow up next year like Carton did. Maybe just delays the process and strings along Iowa longer.

Reactions: ChrisVarick
Foster update per Matt Bain:

Foster will miss this week of basketball in Milwaukee due to a hairline fracture in his foot, his dad and AAU coach told me.

This will have zero impact on his recruitment. It's a minor injury; Foster doesn't even need to walk in a boot, and he might be back ready to go as soon as the final July evaluation period (July 25-29).

Colleges looking at him have been focusing on, and will continue to focus on, the highly skilled 6-foot-11 kid standing in front of them.

I had a hairline fracture of my foot in high school. May or may not be the same, but he would be wise to be very cautious in how quickly he plays on it.

Reactions: easy2
After carton, I'm not going to get all caught up in the foster recruitment

I hear you there. Although DJ did grow up in Illannoy until a couple of years ago... That'll taint a person. ;)

Hope Foster is ok. And it is a minor setback for him... Who knows it could be a good thing for him to take a break from ball for a month or three... It's a grind and he has plenty of time to put on a show.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Whether a compression or a break, it's not a good thing for Xavier for about the next two-three months.

Foster won't stay in Iowa. If he does I have heard from credible sources he is an ISU lean. However, I really think he is going big time.

If he reads these posts he might come to Iowa just to make you more miserable than you are right now. He might be a positive person instead of a negative person like you.:(

Top college in state kids all go elsewhere. It’s a fact. What I said wasn’t negative old timer. It’s just reality.

Foster won't stay in Iowa. If he does I have heard from credible sources he is an ISU lean. However, I really think he is going big time.

A very strong lean

I don't buy this for a minute. I've heard from friends of the Foster family that he and his family are big time Hawk fans, have built a strong relationship with the Iowa staff, and Xavier does (and always has) want to be a Hawk.

Unfortunately, I understand that his dad would like to go to a blue blood and he is actively handling his recruitment. I do agree that he is likely going to a blue blood though.

Top college in state kids all go elsewhere. It’s a fact. What I said wasn’t negative old timer. It’s just reality.
Your forum name Fransucks seem negative on an Iowa site. I'm sure you're a really positive person when it comes to all Hawkeye sports.
Oh, and a few top college players leave the state and a few stay. We have two four star recruits named MCaffery that are staying, just this year one recruit named Wieskamp (four star) Bohannon Kriener and Pemsl all three stars going to Iowa. How many big name players have Iowa State recruited from the state in the past 5 years. Oh, that's totally different:D
Glad you're employer has such a positive person on his payroll....

50- 50 that he stays in state, but you know the other schools walk him past their galleries of NBA all-star alums, and the prettiest girls on campus just happen to be in his range of vision.

I don't buy this for a minute. I've heard from friends of the Foster family that he and his family are big time Hawk fans, have built a strong relationship with the Iowa staff, and Xavier does (and always has) want to be a Hawk.

Unfortunately, I understand that his dad would like to go to a blue blood and he is actively handling his recruitment. I do agree that he is likely going to a blue blood though.
I heard the same about Carton and the hawks. It was just speculation by folks really wanting it to be true.

Reactions: I4cy
This particular statement about going out of state is very true. But we all know that wasn't your point. You like to think you are deep and insightful, but in fact you are very transparent.

A very strong lean

SMH. Clown trash.

Year too late.
Your schtick is old, and transparent like the previous poster.

Keep demonstrating that maturity level.
Rich, very rich.

Take it for what it's worth but I also heard from a friend of the Fosters that Iowa was never a realistic option for him once he started to blow up. The only reason he keeps in touch with Iowa is a good PR move on his part. The Kid loves Duke and is just waiting on them to offer.

Take it for what it's worth but I also heard from a friend of the Fosters that Iowa was never a realistic option for him once he started to blow up. The only reason he keeps in touch with Iowa is a good PR move on his part. The Kid loves Duke and is just waiting on them to offer.

Just heard coach K has extended an offer and Foster has accepted soft verbal right now. He gone

Why would keeping in touch with Iowa be a PR move?

Too bad. If we had Foster (and DJ) we would be a blueblood... At least beating them anyhow.

Reactions: skydog0784
I heard the same about Carton and the hawks. It was just speculation by folks really wanting it to be true.

I don't remember anyone saying that about Carton. It fact it was the opposite. In was pretty much accepted as common knowledge that Carton was not a Hawk fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT