ADVERTISEMENT

Yasar Dogu

Are 57kg finals tomorrow? If I'm reading the schedule correctly, 17:30 so 11:30 Central?

Saturday’s action will begin at 4 a.m. ET with repechage as well as preliminary matches for the other five men’s freestyle weights (61 kg, 70 kg, 79 kg, 92 kg and 125 kg). The medal matches are set to begin at 10:30 a.m. ET live on Trackwrestling.

Day 1 ended with 3 going for gold (Gilman, Burroughs, Taylor)
1 going for Bronze (Snyder)

Day 2
Round 1
Cox lost 2-2 to Serdar Boke (Turkey)
Gwiz wins first rd 10-0
Nashon lost 14-7 first rd
#3 James Green lost 5-4 to Sefa Askoy (TUR)
Kyle Dake bye

Round 2 (quarters)
dake pinned #6 Jabrayil Hasanov. Dake was up 11-2 at the time of the pin
Gwiz won 10-0
fella that beat cox won keeping him alive for repechage.
fella that beat green lost ending greens chances at repechage
fella that beat nashon won keeping him alive for repechage

Last edited:
Day 1 ended with 3 going for gold (Gilman, Burroughs, Taylor)
1 going for Bronze (Snyder)

Day 2
Round 1
Cox lost 2-2 to Serdar Boke (Turkey)
Gwiz wins first rd 10-0
Nashon lost 14-7 first rd
#3 James Green lost 5-4 to Sefa Askoy (TUR)
Kyle Dake bye

Round 2 (quarters)
dake pinned #6 Jabrayil Hasanov. Dake was up 11-2 at the time of the pin
Gwiz won 10-0
fella that beat cox won keeping him alive for repechage.
fella that beat green lost ending greens chances at repechage
fella that beat nashon won keeping him alive for repechage
Keep the news coming!

Dake puts him on his back to go up 10-0 and gets the fall in 60 seconds. moves to the finals

Gwiaz loses 4-3 to #5 Khotsianivski, Khotsianivski also beat world champ Geno Petriashvili a few months ago

I missed something in the score as I thought it was a 3-3 loss on criteria (maybe on the clock). A loss either way. Went something like this ... not much in the first / 2nd gwiz takedown went for leg lace nothing going. Opponent takedown with a min or so left, Gwiz reverses, good fight in Gwiz there. Opponent push out. Gwiz was looking for anything as time runs out.

Nice flurry in the last minute

TD Ukraine-reversal Gwiz for the 3-3 lead.

Ukraine shoots and drives Gwiz off with about 9 seconds left.

Not a good day for the Americans looking to repeat as team champs. We’re well scouted.

This was a great decision by USA Wrestling to enter a tournament this tough. Still have almost THREE MONTHS until worlds.

Anyone know about what time Gilman will be up? I think I saw something that Taylor wrestles at 9:30 cst.

finals for 57, 65, 74, 86, 97, along with 5 womens weights start at 930am CT. not sure the match order.

the guy that beat Cox forfeited in the semis, ending Cox's chance at a medal

going for gold at 4 weights Gilman, Taylor, Dake, Burroughs
going for bronze and 2 weights Snyder Gwiz
Nashon, stebler, Cox, Green lost 1st round and eliminated.

Last edited:
Buddy of mine says many of our guys look like they are on the Pat Downey Fitness plan. Are we believing our own press? Also, I am sure the only reason Gilman is in the finals is because #easy bracket

Reactions: Jaybird319
Buddy of mine says many of our guys look like they are on the Pat Downey Fitness plan. Are we believing our own press? Also, I am sure the only reason Gilman is in the finals is because #easy bracket

debbie-downer.jpg

Probably just training through this.

This stream is hot garbage.

I was in for about 15 seconds and then the same crap message I saw yesterday popped up. Someone needs to figure this crap out. And it may not be Tracks fault but I have probably seen the Defense Soap commercial about 20 times the last 24 hours trying to refresh over and over.

BLR with a td to make it 9-4 and then Gilman hit with a caution and 1 so 9-5 with 1 minute left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT