ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another loss for Biden - House Votes to Strike Down Biden’s ‘EV Mandate’ as 5 Democrats Side with Republicans

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
The House passed the Choice in Automobile Retail Sales Act, aiming to block an EPA rule seen as a backdoor mandate for electric vehicles.

The rule would require a significant percentage of new vehicle purchases to be electric by 2032.

The Act received bipartisan support, with concerns about affordability, consumer choice, and the impact on the American auto industry.

Critics argue that the rule would increase vehicle costs, limit consumer choice, and benefit China at the expense of American energy security.

“It takes away what we’ve always thought of as one of the most important principles of Americanism, and that’s choice,” Rep. Tim Walberg said.

“The passage of the CARS Act is a massive victory for every consumer and the entire American auto industry.”

“Biden’s mandate has always been unrealistic and a textbook study on how central planning and Bidenomics simply do not work. Mandating EVs has never been a responsible or affordable solution,” Walberg pressed.

“Americans should always have the option to buy whatever car suits them the best and the House has taken a massive step toward ensuring that opportunity still exists,” he said.

“Just last week, nearly 4,000 car dealers sent a letter to the Biden administration asking them to reconsider their EV mandate, citing a lack of demand from consumers. Today, with the passage of the CARS Act, the House showed we’re listening.”

“Auto Innovators does not believe [the proposed standards] can be met without substantially increasing the cost of vehicles, reducing consumer choice, and disadvantaging major portions of the United States population,” said John Bozzella, CEO of Alliance for Automotive Innovation.

“Taken together, the proposed GHG (greenhouse gas) and criteria pollutant standards are so stringent as to set a de facto BEV (battery electric vehicle) mandate,” he added.

“Banning vehicle and fuel technologies based on just one category of emissions is unlawful, illogical and bad for consumers, families and our national security,” American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers Vice President of Government Relations Aaron Ringel said.

“It would trade our hard-earned energy security for dependence on China.”

I think it’s a backwards attack to a worthy goal. The fuel tax needs to be increased as an incentive to purchase. The market will take care of demand.

The House passed the Choice in Automobile Retail Sales Act, aiming to block an EPA rule seen as a backdoor mandate for electric vehicles.

The rule would require a significant percentage of new vehicle purchases to be electric by 2032.

The Act received bipartisan support, with concerns about affordability, consumer choice, and the impact on the American auto industry.

Critics argue that the rule would increase vehicle costs, limit consumer choice, and benefit China at the expense of American energy security.

“It takes away what we’ve always thought of as one of the most important principles of Americanism, and that’s choice,” Rep. Tim Walberg said.

“The passage of the CARS Act is a massive victory for every consumer and the entire American auto industry.”

“Biden’s mandate has always been unrealistic and a textbook study on how central planning and Bidenomics simply do not work. Mandating EVs has never been a responsible or affordable solution,” Walberg pressed.

“Americans should always have the option to buy whatever car suits them the best and the House has taken a massive step toward ensuring that opportunity still exists,” he said.

“Just last week, nearly 4,000 car dealers sent a letter to the Biden administration asking them to reconsider their EV mandate, citing a lack of demand from consumers. Today, with the passage of the CARS Act, the House showed we’re listening.”

“Auto Innovators does not believe [the proposed standards] can be met without substantially increasing the cost of vehicles, reducing consumer choice, and disadvantaging major portions of the United States population,” said John Bozzella, CEO of Alliance for Automotive Innovation.

“Taken together, the proposed GHG (greenhouse gas) and criteria pollutant standards are so stringent as to set a de facto BEV (battery electric vehicle) mandate,” he added.

“Banning vehicle and fuel technologies based on just one category of emissions is unlawful, illogical and bad for consumers, families and our national security,” American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers Vice President of Government Relations Aaron Ringel said.

“It would trade our hard-earned energy security for dependence on China.”
I'm guessing you won't be participating in today's stock market/interest rate thread???
LOL

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
As opposed to Not taxing those who can afford it? (Federal income tax)
I have no problem with a fuel tax myself...as long as those that can't afford it can find some relief. We need to worry about them and not just stick it to everybody.....just so some people can say.."Well we got the ones that CAN afford it at least."

I have no problem with a fuel tax myself...as long as those that can't afford it can find some relief. We need to worry about them and not just stick it to everybody.....just so some people can say.."Well we got the ones that CAN afford it at least."
Well then you got your work cut out for you……what do you do about “sales tax”? Iowa is looking at close to a 9-10% sales tax in a decade…..IF “income taxes” are removed (they account for over 45% of the general fund revenue), money is gotta come from somewhere else..,..and Kim and the Farm Bureau aren’t going to allow their interests to be taxed….So, once again those with the least will have to increase their “fair share” so those with more can pay less.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Well then you got your work cut out for you……what do you do about “sales tax”? Iowa is looking at close to a 9-10% sales tax in a decade…..IF “income taxes” are removed (they account for over 45% of the general fund revenue), money is gotta come from somewhere else..,..and Kim and the Farm Bureau aren’t going to allow their interests to be taxed….So, once again those with the least will have to increase their “fair share” so those with more can pay less.
You're just spewing more liberal gobbledygook

I have faith on some of this, and I was referring to the Fuel tax only at this point.

Both Federal and State should do away with income tax which is not legal to begin with.

Just enact a Federal Tax on purchases of everything

Both Federal and State should do away with income tax which is not legal to begin with.

Just enact a Federal Tax on purchases of everything
I've already said that a month or so ago. The attacks were very colorful. Seems income tax is a precious gold ring to them. Having a sales tax cut into the riches write offs. Most on here are rich so let the colorful attacks begin.

My precious GIF

I agree tax ourselves to a cooler climate. Beats selling my suv, big house, my other house, my boat, and my trips to Europe.

You see, it’s science.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT