ADVERTISEMENT

You can go to work with coronavirus

There are people going to work with caronavirus right now. Many don't have any symptoms at all.

Gotta downplay the seriousness of the Trump flu.

B/c it just has to be the best, most safest virus ever since it’s named after him, right?

I don’t think that’s what he was trying to say, but who knows what that babbling idiot meant?
This. He's not saying it's okay to go to work. He's saying some people have it and don't even realize it's coronavirus because they have mild symptoms and they continue working and get better.

At least that's what I think he's saying.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Depressed wages and paper thin staffing practices in rural health facilities mean that clinicians, nurses, cnas, all are pressured to work sick, even with confirmed influenza. This is an old and persistent problem.

Reactions: unIowa
tenor.gif

If I had a minor case. I'd go to work.
I wish I could think this was simple trolling, but your posting history suggests otherwise.

What would you think if a colleague then died of it? Would you feel responsible? What would you say to their family?

Selfish people like you are one of the big reasons I am worried we will not be able to contain this as well as other countries.

This. He's not saying it's okay to go to work. He's saying some people have it and don't even realize it's coronavirus because they have mild symptoms and they continue working and get better.

At least that's what I think he's saying.
And what we should be doing is testing people who are borderline in an effort to contain the outbreaks. And he should be encouraging people with connections to those outbreaks to get tested at the earliest possible moment.

If we had testing kits to do that. Amid more bungling...

https://www.axios.com/cdc-lab-coronavirus-contaminated-6dc9726d-dea3-423f-b5ad-eb7b1e44c2e2.html

A top federal scientist sounded the alarm about what he feared was contamination in an Atlanta lab where the government made test kits for the coronavirus, according to sources familiar with the situation in Atlanta.

Driving the news: The Trump administration has ordered an independent investigation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lab, and manufacturing of the virus test kits has been moved, the sources said.

Why it matters: At the time the administration is under scrutiny for its early preparations for the virus, the potential problems at the lab became a top internal priority for some officials. But the Trump administration did not talk publicly about the Food and Drug Administration’s specific concerns about the Atlanta lab.

• Senior officials are still not saying exactly what the FDA regulator found at the Atlanta lab.
  • The CDC lab in Atlanta developed the testing formula for the coronavirus test — which the government says works — and was manufacturing relatively small amounts of testing kits for laboratories around the country. This is where the lab ran into problems, per sources familiar with the situation.

Reactions: BelemNole
There are people going to work with caronavirus right now. Many don't have any symptoms at all.

...and they're spreading it to people like out-of-shape, sedentary smokers, who are likelier to die from it.

Good luck with that Trad.

And what we should be doing is testing people who are borderline in an effort to contain the outbreaks. And he should be encouraging people with connections to those outbreaks to get tested at the earliest possible moment.

If we had testing kits to do that. Amid more bungling...

https://www.axios.com/cdc-lab-coronavirus-contaminated-6dc9726d-dea3-423f-b5ad-eb7b1e44c2e2.html

A top federal scientist sounded the alarm about what he feared was contamination in an Atlanta lab where the government made test kits for the coronavirus, according to sources familiar with the situation in Atlanta.

Driving the news: The Trump administration has ordered an independent investigation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lab, and manufacturing of the virus test kits has been moved, the sources said.

Why it matters: At the time the administration is under scrutiny for its early preparations for the virus, the potential problems at the lab became a top internal priority for some officials. But the Trump administration did not talk publicly about the Food and Drug Administration’s specific concerns about the Atlanta lab.

• Senior officials are still not saying exactly what the FDA regulator found at the Atlanta lab.
  • The CDC lab in Atlanta developed the testing formula for the coronavirus test — which the government says works — and was manufacturing relatively small amounts of testing kits for laboratories around the country. This is where the lab ran into problems, per sources familiar with the situation.
I don’t disagree with you on testing. I’m simply correcting OP’s faulty premise that Trump is encouraging people who have coronavirus to keep going to work.

Reactions: 3boysmom
I wish I could think this was simple trolling, but your posting history suggests otherwise.

What would you think if a colleague then died of it? Would you feel responsible? What would you say to their family?

Selfish people like you are one of the big reasons I am worried we will not be able to contain this as well as other countries.

This

Reactions: McLovin32
I don’t disagree with you on testing. I’m simply correcting OP’s faulty premise that Trump is encouraging people who have coronavirus to keep going to work.

It is exactly what he is saying. He's totally downplaying the dangers of spreading this to at-risk people.

He’s not saying that people who know they have coronavirus should keep going to work. Just stop with that nonsense.

"we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by you know, sitting around and even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better."

My interpretation of this is that lots of people get sick but get better by sitting around or going to work but they will get better.

If he knows more than the Generals about ISIS he know more about CV than the doctors.

Reactions: unIowa
So should people who haven’t had any known contact with the virus stay home if they have a minor cold?

"we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by you know, sitting around and even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better."

My interpretation of this is that lots of people get sick but get better by sitting around or going to work but they will get better.

If he knows more than the Generals about ISIS he know more about CV than the doctors.
What he’s saying (I think) is that there are many more cases of coronavirus than we realize because a lot of people have mild symptoms and just figure they have the usual seasonal cold or flu and continue with their normal routine without being tested. I see no way to spin this into Trump encouraging people known to have coronavirus to keep going to work.

Reactions: 3boysmom and dandh
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT