ADVERTISEMENT

You know what I hate about the WNBA?

The hardcore emphasis on the fashion sh*t. Don’t they want to be taken seriously? I just don’t see the general public giving a rat’s arse over a lesbian fashion show…
Tune in at tipoff time. Or record the game and watch it later, fast forward over the stuff you don't like. Problem solved.

FWIW, my wife, daughters and granddaughters watch the games and they like seeing the outfits.

Simple answer for me is the officiating. It's high school level.
I don't think the refs in the WNBA know how to call a game anymore, at least when the Fever are playing. They're so used to a slow, plodding whack-a-mole style of play they figured things would stay the same and didn't bother to call the obvious hit jobs figuring CC22 would "conform" to the W.

Next year when the talent is diluted and the WNBA becomes more run and gun the refs will get better. At least I hope.

I pretty much dislike everything about wnba except watching CC.
Nailed it, my friend. Hell, I even fast forward when Sides takes CC out. I won't watch a second of the WNBA unless it includes CC.

BTW: The largest crowd in WNBA history, 20,000+, showed up in Washington last night to see a weak home team finish its season. Coincidentally, Caitlin Clark was there too, although she only played 20 minutes. Funny how every time the WNBA sets an attendance or viewership record, CC is around.

The only thing I hate about the WNBA is the level of officiating and some of the biased commentators. I don’t really know why people are whining about common practices in other leagues. Actually, I have an idea, but I’m not going to poke the hornets nest.

Another thing I hate about the W is that after watching it for the first time this year, and seeing it's true nature exposed, it could be questionable whether I'll watch next season. That's a damn shame, because there are some players who play the game the right way, and there are some coaches who can actually coach. And, if both of these groups could actually conduct themselves with professionalism, dignity, and accountability, it could probably become a success.

Another thing I hate about the W is that after watching it for the first time this year, and seeing it's true nature exposed, it could be questionable whether I'll watch next season. That's a damn shame, because there are some players who play the game the right way, and there are some coaches who can actually coach. And, if both of these groups could actually conduct themselves with professionalism, dignity, and accountability, it could probably become a success.
Any league that has players openly dating players from other teams is difficult to take seriously.

The hardcore emphasis on the fashion sh*t. Don’t they want to be taken seriously? I just don’t see the general public giving a rat’s arse over a lesbian fashion show…
I find women's basketball unwatchable even though I like Clark as an athlete and a person. i just can't take them seriously. they remind me of dumpy high school freshmen boys who haven't grown into their bodies yet. Slow, unathletic, and slow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT