ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite Blockbuster failure movie?

hawkhead87

HR Legend
Oct 19, 2010
Watching The 13th Warrior and it's one of my personal favorites, I enjoy Norse Mythology, but I know it was a disaster financially...

So was wondering what movie bombs either the movie is bad or did horrible in the box office does HROT like?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
Have you read the book, "Eaters of the Dead" by the late Michael Chrichton? Also recommend his book Timeline about a group of young historians time travel back to 14tbcentury France.

One time I didn't rewind. Bastards charged me like a buck and a quarter or something. Can you believe that? But at least I got this story out of it.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Originally posted by SiouxCyty:
Have you read the book, "Eaters of the Dead" by the late Michael Chrichton? Also recommend his book Timeline about a group of young historians time travel back to 14tbcentury France.
I'll look into this. Also like Water World and The Postman

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:
War of the Worlds....

Meh
Yeah we even saw it in the theater. My favorite sequences are the ones around the ferry. The first version is far superior IMHO.

I actually liked John Carter though we only saw it on TV.

Originally posted by Madman_1:

Whoa! Take that back. "Let me hear your guns"! What? "Your guns, let me hear your guns"!...

The Postman. It was based on a quality sci-fi book, but they just threw Kevin Costner into it during the part of his career where producers thought everything he touched would make a fortune.

Originally posted by lucas80:

The Postman. It was based on a quality sci-fi book, but they just threw Kevin Costner into it during the part of his career where producers thought everything he touched would make a fortune.
Is Tom Petty also in the book?

Heavens Gate.
Howard the Duck.
Sin City II. What a piece of crap! Eva Green's bod was the only redeeming value.

Originally posted by Jerome Silberman:
Hudsucker Proxy

...you know, for the kids.
Absolutely love that movie.

...Because "I'm a Muncie Girl."

Originally posted by hawkhead87:
Originally posted by SiouxCyty:
I'll look into this. Also like Water World and The Postman
13th Warrior is based off Eaters of the Dead. I've read the book twice. If you like stories about Vikings you will love it.

Wiki Eaters of the Dead

I read 'Eaters Of The Dead' a few times before that movie came out. The best thing about the movie, for me, was that I finally learned how to pronounce Buliwyf.

John Carter

Much better than one would expect considering how badly it bombed at the box office

I forgot all about Eaters of the Dead. I need to read that again. Timeline is one of my favorite books of all time. It's the only book I've ever read that literally made me gasp. It's truly edge of your seat reading.

As for op, some have been said. I love John Carter and Water World. I'll add a few:

Battleship
Real Steel
Hudson Hawk

Reactions: SiouxCyty
I remember being really stoned and watching 13th Warrior with some college buddies. We were arguing about how fast you could learn a language. I called BS on the movie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT