ADVERTISEMENT

Your NFL team could have the known quality of M. Hyde or the unknown upside of D. King who you got?

KFsdisciple

HR Legend
Jul 3, 2003
With Dez King being talked of a move to safety rather than corner, and his return abilities being what they are...

Would you rather your NFL team have Micah Hyde or draft D. King?

King all day. No comparison in man coverage. Hyde is well below average in this dept. Desmond makes plays on balls better and is quite a bit faster. Hyde has better size and versatility, but if I run a team, my DBs better be able to play man without being a liability.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I'm not gonna call him slow but he's not a burner by any means I feel like he could be comparable to darqueze Dennard(speed and size wise) when coming out
his studying/work ethic and smarts add 3.6821 mph :)

I'd take king and his cheaper salary all day!

Reactions: SHAWKER
Yea, no clue how King will perform. I'd say above average compared to measurable. You know Hyde has been solid on a current NFL roster & returning punts. Until you know it translates, always take the known commodity.

Reactions: HawktimusPrime
King all day. No comparison in man coverage. Hyde is well below average in this dept. Desmond makes plays on balls better and is quite a bit faster. Hyde has better size and versatility, but if I run a team, my DBs better be able to play man without being a liability.
Are you comparing Iowa King to Iowa Hyde?

You need to compare NFL King to NFL Hyde.

It'll take a couple years to do that.

Reactions: m.stoops2013
Are you comparing Iowa King to Iowa Hyde?

You need to compare NFL King to NFL Hyde.

It'll take a couple years to do that.

This is the topic. To respond to this thread, you have to project King's career. I project it to be better than Hyde's because he's a better all-around football player.

As far as I know, King is still projected as a late-first or early-second round draft pick. If Hyde were traded, I doubt you'd get a first or second round draft pick in return. Therefore, I'd say most NFL analysts would take King in this situation, and I'm inclined to agree with them.

How many times are defensive backs busts in the NFL? It certainly isn't as much of a boom-or-bust position as QB. I think King is a pretty safe bet to be at least an above average defensive back and one of the main selling points for drafting him is that he has a very high floor, but his ceiling is questionable.

This is the topic. To respond to this thread, you have to project King's career. I project it to be better than Hyde's because he's a better all-around football player.
Meh, it's a wash to me at this point. I'd lean towards Hyde though.

As a fan, I'd rather have Hyde because I've seen him do it at this level. As a GM, I'd take King because he has promise and age on his side and I'd get him at rookie wage.

Hyde wasn't as successful as King was during his Iowa career, but every bit as dynamic, a little bigger and a little faster.

King though is a proven leader and a student of the game. He's got everything you want from an NFL corner save a few inches in height.

I think in the end their careers will be comparable with no clear advantage as to who was better. So again, it's a wash at this point, pick one and be happy you have him.

What are the odds the Pack draft King and do the exact same thing they did to Hyde? Force him to learn corner, nickel, and safety and maybe return punts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT