ADVERTISEMENT

“Ramos is on his way out the door....”

He lost money with his mouth. My kids bought his merchandise and we supported him until he blew up the bridge. I don’t know if his blowup was cathartic for him or if he wishes he could have handled it better, but he’s hard headed as they come and won’t back down even though it cost him money. If anyone besides us listened to him I would say he’s almost bad for the sport, but others don’t really care what a washed up, bitter, sellout has to say.

OK - I'm still a follower of Tony. Like Tony - I'm pretty sure I pissed many people off on the Social media sites - even when I'm 100% correct. But, I also back off and let the smoke clear before I become 100% correct again. That is just the way I am. Always a giver and forgiver.

I hear what folks are saying but Ramos is a Hawkeye and will always be welcomed back. He also has a great heart - Tony helped me out on a few occasions when I needed items signed for charity event(s); he did it without hesitation and asked for nothing in return. Give the guy a break - he knows how to add extra excitement as does Gilman. Time heals all wounds.
Just out of curiosity, how much would someone pay for a signed Ramos item? He should be doing this for free.

This!

Tom and Terry have handled the whole Ramos thing with class and maturity. I really liked Ramos' passion in the past, and he had his share of great matches at Iowa.

But if he wants to dwell on losing to Dennis and blaming on his coaches, and trashing Iowa wrestling etc., that's his choice, and he's best ignored.

The present belongs to Gilman. That's the reality. And the future? Looks like the sky is the limit for Lee.
Amen to that brother.

He lost money with his mouth. My kids bought his merchandise and we supported him until he blew up the bridge. I don’t know if his blowup was cathartic for him or if he wishes he could have handled it better, but he’s hard headed as they come and won’t back down even though it cost him money. If anyone besides us listened to him I would say he’s almost bad for the sport, but others don’t really care what a washed up, bitter, sellout has to say.
Washed up, bitter, sell out? C'mon Souch don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel! Lol

Also said and I'm paraphrasing, 'You want to be humbled, wrestled Spencer Lee...He'll humble you quick.'

I'm glad we can put that rumor to bed. If I am one of those guys...Ramos, Dennis, Gilman or Spencer, if I am going to lose, I'd rather it be to one of my guys.

I thought everything was squashed at World Trials last year there have been a few comments out of the side of the mouth. Also, not surprised that Ramos would pick against Gilman but am surprised he would pick against Terry's coaching prowess. Gilman beat everybody at WTT last year and had an airtight plan to beat Tony twice. Give Brands a few weeks of dissecting one guy and last night is what you get. Admittedly, I thought it was going to be closer than it was and was worried but than I watched Gilman's interview the day before and it eased by nerves a bit...lol. TG was in prime Gilman mode and we hadn't seen that since Trials last year.

I'm with you Chief!
My whole point was his picking Fix over Gilman a day before the match. Really? Flo interviewed both Perry brothers and neither of them picked a winner, despite having a vested interest in the outcome and its impact on their relationship. Both ARE coaches. They handled the situation as it should be handled from that perspective: "They are both superb talents and at such a high level - whoever shows up that day, wins. Neither will lose due to fitness issues or lack of desire."
Ramos as a coach should have answered similarly. It shows his naivety, his contempt for all things Iowa, and his inept media skills.

(So, no, I wouldn't let my kid wrestle for him for those reasons.)

I like Tony. He was a good Hawk and did good on the national stage as a Hawk.

We all have our faults, we know his, he will mature but it's obviously still a raw nerve.
If there is a 3 strike rule, he has had 9.
Our family ties should only go as deep as his. He's at UNC now and still has contempt.
I loved him as a Hawk wrestler - he's not the same cat anymore.

I hear what folks are saying but Ramos is a Hawkeye and will always be welcomed back. He also has a great heart - Tony helped me out on a few occasions when I needed items signed for charity event(s); he did it without hesitation and asked for nothing in return. Give the guy a break - he knows how to add extra excitement as does Gilman. Time heals all wounds.
Agree ... Some fans are taking it too personal. Ramos may have altered his opinion of Iowa wrestling but so what? That's his opinion and I certainly don't lose sleep if his opinion of Iowa has changed. It doesn't impact my life in any way, shape, or form.

Just out of curiosity, how much would someone pay for a signed Ramos item? He should be doing this for free.

For what it’s worth...It was for charity auction (rare disease foundation) so generous donors paid $200 for a framed poster of him at one of the events. It was personalized by Tony and mentioned something about “beating the disease.” The family who won gave it to there son who was suffering with the disease. Tony was extremely generous to do so.

Hopefully Hawk fans can sit back and just wait until Tony matures a lil bit. For God’s sake he has a giant Hawk tattoo on his back...he’ll come “home” again;).

Last edited:
Tony is a washed up, bitter and a POS. I wouldn’t let him near Iowa City. A man with no loyalty is not a man. Gilman called him delusional because he is. He was never as great as he thought he was. He was never the front runner. He filled a hole on the world team, but never had it. Not because of his skills or training, but his week mind. He’s soft as butter and that’s why he lost and that’s why he’s a bitch. STFU, Tony. You’re a sellout and a pussy ass cry baby. Stay down south where you belong.

As Mike Tyson said he should just fade off to Bolivia.

I can’t stand anyone that defends his dumb ass.

And that pretty much sums up my feelings for that turd.

“He’s always a Hawkeye” blah, blah. No he isn’t. He’s a puke.

Wish Tony luck..also wish he would realize that because of Iowa wrestling he has a great job, competed on world teams, saw the world, won a national title and wrestled not only on one of the greatest stages in the US but the world. Hopefully he will realize how blessed he is because the University of Iowa saw something in him.

Tony is a washed up, bitter and a POS. I wouldn’t let him near Iowa City. A man with no loyalty is not a man. Gilman called him delusional because he is. He was never as great as he thought he was. He was never the front runner. He filled a hole on the world team, but never had it. Not because of his skills or training, but his week mind. He’s soft as butter and that’s why he lost and that’s why he’s a bitch. STFU, Tony. You’re a sellout and a pussy ass cry baby. Stay down south where you belong.

As Mike Tyson said he should just fade off to Bolivia.

I can’t stand anyone that defends his dumb ass.

And that pretty much sums up my feelings for that turd.

“He’s always a Hawkeye” blah, blah. No he isn’t. He’s a puke.
don't forget he tried to get Brody and the cinch-ring guy busted in Vegas...from a distance

Last edited:
”....and that door just slammed shut!”

How bad is it when you leave IOWA for UNC because Dan Dennis pummeled you? BAD
Then you talk badly about your old program. BAD
Then your training “away from home” grants you nothing and another former teammate Thomas Gilman pummels you. BAD
Then you fluctuate between weights and can’t find success. BAD
Then you win a match or two (YEAH) and publicly state that “you can’t wait to stick it to IOWA.” BAD
Then you get pummeled by a college freshman, and only one because a second didn’t attend. BAD
Then you predict that the college freshman (that pummeled you) beats your old teammate just because you're bitter. BAD.

But you were wrong in your prediction . THE WORST.

Once upon a time I was a Tony Ramos fan - those days are behind me.

And if I were a parent I would be really nervous about sending my kid to wrestle for a guy that can’t seem to navigate his life, or make an accurate prediction when he is only one of a few people who has wrestled both Fix and Gilman in the last year.
Ahhh wrestling drama.

I don't hear anyone saying Kevin Dresser was a hawk, we should still have open doors and welcome him as family. Ramos was one of my favorite hawks but it's obvious he's changed. At this point in time I wouldn't welcome him back if he was begging to come back.

I don't hear anyone saying Kevin Dresser was a hawk, we should still have open doors and welcome him as family. Ramos was one of my favorite hawks but it's obvious he's changed. At this point in time I wouldn't welcome him back if he was begging to come back.
If Tony was begging to come back, it would be because he realized he was wrong and he would be humble and honest about it. In that case, the whole Hawkeye nation would welcome him back like a prodigal son. For goodness sake, their were people on here who were open to PD3 being a Hawk and giving him another chance. Some of you guys may be bitter, but you are like Gable in the sense that you never really turn your back on one of your own.

If Tony was begging to come back, it would be because he realized he was wrong and he would be humble and honest about it. In that case, the whole Hawkeye nation would welcome him back like a prodigal son. For goodness sake, their were people on here who were open to PD3 being a Hawk and giving him another chance. Some of you guys may be bitter, but you are like Gable in the sense that you never really turn your back on one of your own.

WHATEVEH.... I DO WHAT AH WAHNT!!!

Reactions: lookleft goright
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT