ADVERTISEMENT

100% KF wanted to hire someone worse than Brian…

its-groundhog-day-again-reporting.gif

Well I don’t know if it’s possible to hire anyone worse than BF. However think KF dead set hiring a yes man who wouldn’t change things up from his philosophy that would god forbid prove his archaic scheme doesn’t work anymore.

Who knows why he made such a hire. I remember lot of same feelings in 12’ after Davis an old retread was hired. A coach who was was fired and out of football for a year and passed up again until kok left and Kirk hired in Feb. little did we know at time KF was looking for a place holder for 4-5 years even if successful so his son who he hired a month earlier had some time in the program before he could insert him in as OC after Davis retired.

Last edited:
Kirk hires a good OC who turns Iowa's offense around fast that puts a dagger in Brian so He got a bobblehead that will produce the same or worse , This hire on Paper is a big middle finger to the University and the entire Fanbase.
Really. Because I disagree. As a head coach he had some very good offenses. He was also a QB coach at Purdue. If you don't like the selection, just let your family and friends know. That way, the rest of us don't have to be subjected to your adolescent crap.

If you had told me back in October that this dude would ultimately be the new OC, it wouldn't have surprised me and I probably wouldn't have been terribly disappointed.

The fact that KF obviously had multiple qualified people turn down the position, and even had an unemployed Kevin Johns on campus but couldn't close the deal, is what makes today suck so much.

Really. Because I disagree. As a head coach he had some very good offenses. He was also a QB coach at Purdue. If you don't like the selection, just let your family and friends know. That way, the rest of us don't have to be subjected to your adolescent crap.
Go back to His only Real Div 1 OC job at Syracuse, His Offense only had 1 snap cadence because they were so inept they couldn't keep from jumping , Defenses knew for parts of 2 seasons exactly when this Bobbleheads Offense was snapping the ball, sorry but You can disagree all You want He has a losing record and is a absolute joke of an OC . Go ask Syracuse fans about this Guy, He is Their Brian Ferentz

You don't dictate shit to Me or anyone else on a message Board which is for posting opinions , You do not get the stfu card on Me clown , That is why You have an ignore button Hodor. Use it.

Go back to His only Real Div 1 OC job at Syracuse, His Offense only had 1 snap cadence because they were so inept they couldn't keep from jumping , Defenses knew for parts of 2 seasons exactly when this Bobbleheads Offense was snapping the ball, sorry but You can disagree all You want He has a losing record and is a absolute joke of an OC . Go ask Syracuse fans about this Guy, He is Their Brian Ferentz
That's not a good omen...like, at all. Still, it doesn't surprise me. Seems exactly like someone KF would hire.

Kirk hires a good OC who turns Iowa's offense around fast that puts a dagger in Brian so He got a bobblehead that will produce the same or worse , This hire on Paper is a big middle finger to the University and the entire Fanbase.
I say we as fans turn the tables on Kirk, and no matter how the offense produces we start giving Lester standing ovations and publicly adore him. It will actually put a dagger in Kirk’s black heart, seeing how Lester gets loved while Brian got shunned for basically producing the same results.

The year he coached Blough he went 57 percent, 25td and 21int.

Last edited:
There is no one worse than Brian.
Are you sure about that? In 2022 Iowa was 109th in offensive efficiency. They'd had some good years previously, but in 2022, that same year that Lester got fired from Western Michigan, the Broncos had the 127th ranked team (out of 131) in terms of offensive efficiency. Interestingly, in 2023, under new management they recovered all the way up to 95th, which was 28 spots better than Iowa.

BTW, does anyone else find it wildly coincidental that the last 2 men standing were the head coach and the OC for the 2017 Western Michigan team? Johns only lasted one year before bolting to a better job at Texas Tech. I wonder how any of this factored into the final hiring decision. 🤔

Everybody keeps saying this, but I pray to God that Lester - more like KF - isn't dying to throw a "here, hold my beer" at us.
Honestly, it’s all going to be relative.
Lester will be running KF’s offense with the same players from last season. Expecting a huge, if any, improvement is probably just going to make us miserable.
Looking at it realistically, Johns would have been in the same boat.

I wanted Johns, but this is such a brain dead line.
The more I look into Lester…the more I’m willing to have a positive attitude about it.

The article about his time at Syracuse is NOT flattering with the whole cadence thing. But they went from 110th in offensive efficiency in 2014 to 82nd in 2015. If you look through Syracuse’s schedule in 2015, they were a tough out against a schedule that had 4 ranked teams on it. Scored points against everyone, including a 37-27 loss to #1 Clemson. Those Syracuse teams under Shafer were woefully outmanned.

He didn’t call plays in his first year at WMU. But he took over play-calling duties in year two. I found this article interesting, as guess who asked for help with improving the passing game?? OC Kevin Johns. WMU was very good offensively under Lester, except for his last season. I was surprised that they fired him, because the offense was returning 4 starters and the MAC has been ransacked in the portal.

I’m not saying this is some sort of home run hire, but I think he’s a pretty strong offensive coach. And I immediately admire someone willing to take this on.

He had a lapdog 'yes' man as his AD for too many years. That day has gone, his time is limited. Can't wait until he's gone.

Beth could have stepped in….for some reason she didn’t …my guess is, unlike the dopes on these boards, is she believes he can be successful. I mean, you’d hope she cares enough right?

The obvious answer is yes!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT