ADVERTISEMENT

Retro Hawk

Rookie
Jun 30, 2022
It does not look like Anthony Ferrari will be going this year. Rathjen did beat Voinovich when Voinovich was recovering from his knee. Victor has sense improved quite a bit from his feet, and was already good on top. Any chance Voinovich gets the nod at Big Tens?

• Wow
Reactions: BGon4ND
It does not look like Anthony Ferrari will be going this year. Rathjen did beat Voinovich when Voinovich was recovering from his knee. Victor has sense improved quite a bit from his feet, and was already good on top. Any chance Voinovich gets the nod at Big Tens?
Hard to pull Rathjen as long as he’s bringing it. Stop bringing offense and all’s possible IMO.

Reactions: Rotisserie Scrotz
Victor hurt his chances by not getting to his offense on inferior opponents and settling for non bonus point wins. Losses to Ferrari (who hadn’t competed in 2 years) and Rathjen sealed his fate.

Rathjen was certainly outmatched by Ridge Lovett, but he still kept it to a decision and kept fighting. Kannon Webster is very good. Caleb looked sloppy at times and got out of position 1 too many times and it cost him in SV. He’s been able to pick up bonus points and dominate lesser B10 opponents.

I’d like to see VV one more time and against a quality opponent. If he’s finally healthy then let’s see what’s up.
Agree, see if he has found some offense from the feet. Caleb is more exciting, but his sloppiness makes him kind of like Colby last year. Obviously, with Anthony out training MMA in Florida, he’s not wrestling this semester, question if he’s still in school, and wouldn’t doubt if him and AJ are done with college and will roll the dice in MMA. I know that makes many of you very happy 😃.

extremely tuff to predict which guy would do better in March. Rathjen has been competing well, but V3 was not 100% and maybe the better guy in march. TnT have their work cut out for them figuring this one out.
When’s the last time we were this far into the season with 2 weights still very up in the air. Could argue 3 weights, but I’m pretty sure Ben will redshirt.

Reactions: Grip220
Wouldn’t it be must see tv if all 6 of those guys went to a last chance tourney to settle the weights?
Except that such a scenario means none of the 6 is really a standout option for March. I’m with ya, though, if there were AA expectations for some of them.

Now, if the 6 were to roll into Ames and thwart last-chance attempts of Cyclowns to pad their stats for Win %, that would be fun.

Except that such a scenario means none of the 6 is really a standout option for March. I’m with ya, though, if there were AA expectations for some of them.

Now, if the 6 were to roll into Ames and thwart last-chance attempts of Cyclowns to pad their stats for Win %, that would be fun.
133 and 149 the outcomes in March I believe will be the same regardless who goes out. 1-2, 2-2 low AA chances. Just not seeing any of them really standing out against top competition

When’s the last time we were this far into the season with 2 weights still very up in the air. Could argue 3 weights, but I’m pretty sure Ben will redshirt.
Not sure we ever had anything close to this situation before. I agree with Ben redshirting and I think Hill can do some damage. The real question is how much better then Hill is BK right now in the room, TNT know how much if any and if its head and shoulders then we will see BK go im March.

Reactions: el dub
TRIPLE V3 was dealing with a knee problem that was obviously effecting his offense and wrestling in general. His last match showed more of what he can do, granted not the best competition. Rathjen looks small for the weight to me and although he did beat V3 and Ferrari, it was when neither was at full ability in my opinion.

TRIPLE V3 was dealing with a knee problem that was obviously effecting his offense and wrestling in general. His last match showed more of what he can do, granted not the best competition. Rathjen looks small for the weight to me and although he did beat V3 and Ferrari, it was when neither was at full ability in my opinion.
He beat a kid that is 4-14 his last 18 matches with Purdue. Again who has he beat that is any good . Swiderski beat him, no takedowns, Ferrari beat him, no takedowns, Rathjen beat him no takedowns, Alex Martin beat him 1 take down. Soldier Salute wore compression no knee brace.

He beat a kid that is 4-14 his last 18 matches with Purdue. Again who has he beat that is any good . Swiderski beat him, no takedowns, Ferrari beat him, no takedowns, Rathjen beat him no takedowns, Alex Martin beat him 1 take down. Soldier Salute wore compression no knee brace.
His best win came last year at NCAA's against Jaden Abas. Last year he also split matches with Kellyn March and Mitch Moore. He did go 2-2 at nationals Rd16. I'm not saying he's better than Rathjen but I don't think the spot is 100% Rathjen either. I get he beat him but familiarity and being dinged up could have played a factor. TNT will put out there whoever they think is the best option. Flip a coin, I think they have similar results at BIGS/Nattys

Reactions: GoHawks1996
His best win came last year at NCAA's against Jaden Abas. Last year he also split matches with Kellyn March and Mitch Moore. He did go 2-2 at nationals Rd16. I'm not saying he's better than Rathjen but I don't think the spot is 100% Rathjen either. I get he beat him but familiarity and being dinged up could have played a factor. TNT will put out there whoever they think is the best option. Flip a coin, I think they have similar results at BIGS/Nattys
He gave Max a good match last year, so I was alittle disappointed in him so far, but the injury may have played a role I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT