ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Baseball class now ranked 26th by Perfect Game

According to twitter, it's official that Perry will join Iowa as the signing deadline was today I believe. I don't think we are out of the woods with McCoy yet though?

Man, I got bad info. I was told Iowa Baseball had a top 5 class. This is still great, but that was way off.

Or was that golf?

Now, I don't remember, but either seems way too high for either sport.

Man, I got bad info. I was told Iowa Baseball had a top 5 class. This is still great, but that was way off.

Or was that golf?

Now, I don't remember, but either seems way too high for either sport.
Maybe you were thinking about B1G ranking. Iowa had the #1 class in the conference. That was before this new ranking came out so that shouldn't change at all

Reactions: ozziesimmons22
The change in rankings has a lot to do with the MLB Draft and players forgoing college to play pro. Perry did not sign so he will be on campus next month. I spoke with coach and he said McCoy has blown up in summer league play. He's talking to him regularly and may even fly out and try to reaffirm his commitment.

Reactions: ozziesimmons22
I've said this in the past when Dahm had some highly ranked classes (although they were mostly in the 40's), but this class really excites me. I think Heller is definitely more of a developer than Dahm and company were. So that excites me even more.

Reactions: Vroom_C14
The change in rankings has a lot to do with the MLB Draft and players forgoing college to play pro. Perry did not sign so he will be on campus next month. I spoke with coach and he said McCoy has blown up in summer league play. He's talking to him regularly and may even fly out and try to reaffirm his commitment.

Fly from Iowa City to La Crosse?

It does not factor in the two juco guys in McCoy and Fricke. The class was ranked 40th in the initial rankings by Perfect Game.

Are we for sure keeping Perry and McCoy? If Heller can develop these guys, we could see some really good things from Iowa baseball (more years like 2015).

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/071715aad.html

Watched the Daniels kid pitch vs West. Hope we're not using much $$ on him. Junk stuff and little power. If he can't beat ICW I don't see him winning in the Big 10.
Seemed emotionly about a eighth grade level.

Watched the Daniels kid pitch vs West. Hope we're not using much $$ on him. Junk stuff and little power. If he can't beat ICW I don't see him winning in the Big 10.
Seemed emotionly about a eighth grade level.

I trust Heller and Brickman have a pretty good grasp on his talent level. I believe he's coming in as a two-way player.

jump.jpg

Parks didn't play last year, did he? Maybe saw writing on the wall with PT with incoming class.

But Kaufman contributed didn't he?

Where did these other guys come from?

Yeah, Parks didn't play last year at all. Kaufman played some 1B, but didn't pitch at all. Maybe he graduated? Owens and Forsythe were juco guys and looks like Robison played at IWCC and Ole Miss. Even played WR at IWCC.

It's too bad Kaufman never regained his mojo on the mound. He was dynamite as a freshman out of the bullpen.

Just noticed there are 26 players on the roster that were previously at a junior college at some point. (2 additional players spent time in other DI programs.

It appears only 5 of them are "new" this year though.

So 28 players didn't come to Iowa directly out of HS.

Nothing new to report there, just an observation.

Looks like Drake Robison played a season at Ole Miss an SEC school. He pitched only 18 innings and had like a 7.36 ERA, but there has to be some talent there if Ole Miss recruited him from Iowa Western.

Noticed that too. I really don't think iowa will far too far off of last year but do expect the b10 to be a bit tougher from top to bottom.

Noticed that too. I really don't think iowa will far too far off of last year but do expect the b10 to be a bit tougher from top to bottom.

I think Iowa will be a formidable B1G squad in 2016 as well. However, our conference schedule is a lot tougher. We only face on team in 2016 that did not make 2015 BIG tournament and that is Penn State. PSU was really young last season and I think will be improved. Iowa also adds Illinois, Michigan State, and Ohio State who will all be solid. Iowa does not face Nebraska, Rutgers, Purdue, and Northwestern. Iowa has owned Purdue as of lately and Rick Heller has had a lot of success against Nebraska as he is 5-1 against the Cornhuskers. I was hoping Iowa would come to Lincoln this year so I could see a three game set. I just hope Iowa finds a way to make the B1G tournament in 2016. It is in Omaha in 2016 and I think with Iowa's recent success the turnout will be pretty good for Iowa fans. If Iowa has a repeat season of 2015, then we could see A LOT of Iowa fans in Omaha. If we have a successful OOC season and finish top 5 or so in the B1G we could have a good enough RPI to get another postseason bid. Need to take things one weekend at a time though. Missouri State and Dallas Baptist will be good early season tests to see where we are at.

Reactions: icu81222
Just noticed there are 26 players on the roster that were previously at a junior college at some point. (2 additional players spent time in other DI programs.

It appears only 5 of them are "new" this year though.

So 28 players didn't come to Iowa directly out of HS.

Nothing new to report there, just an observation.

Not true. Thirteen players played junior college ball at some point before coming to Iowa.

Not true. Thirteen players played junior college ball at some point before coming to Iowa.
My mistake. Not sure how that happened. All I did was do a search on the roster for "cc" and it showed 26. I didn't add them up. Just went by the number. Oops

Not sure how I messed that up. My fault.

My mistake. Not sure how that happened. All I did was do a search on the roster for "cc" and it showed 26. I didn't add them up. Just went by the number. Oops

Not sure how I messed that up. My fault.

Surely it was a ban-able offense. At the very least I'd expect double-secret probation until posting improves.

That is very interesting. I had asked about him in the lounge a few weeks ago. I've never seen him play but he has some pretty impressive numbers. Is it bad if I hope he only improves enough to not get taken too early in the 2018 draft? :D

I wouldn't judge you! Having seen your posts about your son have you seen this kid in person?

I wouldn't judge you! Having seen your posts about your son have you seen this kid in person?
Not that I'm aware of. We were at the Monday camp and apparently he was there Sunday. I think we played 1 QC team during our time playing USSSA and that was when we were 10. I'd love to see him though. Iowa playing their high school season in the summer makes it tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT