ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Baseball class now ranked 26th by Perfect Game

PBR Iowa ‏@PBRIowa 2h2 hours ago

Ben Norman, OF, D.M. Roosevelt- commits to U. of Iowa. Congrats. #13 ranked player in IA '16 class @bnorman20

Reactions: 3boysmom
PBR Iowa ‏@PBRIowa 2h2 hours ago

Ben Norman, OF, D.M. Roosevelt- commits to U. of Iowa. Congrats. #13 ranked player in IA '16 class @bnorman20

Very good lineage too, I believe. Congrats to Ben and the Norman family!

I believe he is the son of Tom Norman ( Iowa hoops player) and his uncle whose name escapes me was also a hoops player at Iowa. Ben is also the nephew of Bob Bowlsby (former AD at Iowa).

Small world.

Perfect Game released their "Top 350 Incoming Freshmen" who made it to campus. Iowa has six among the top 350: Cole Baker (125), Luke Farley (129), Robert Neustrom (190), Daniel Perry (208), Dametri Evans (243), and Shane Ritter (257). Iowa's six are the most in the Big Ten and two more than Michigan (4).

Full breakdown:
Illinois - 3
Indiana - 3
Maryland - 3
Michigan - 4
Minnesota - 1
Nebraska - 1
Penn State - 2
Purdue - 2
Rutgers - 0
Northwestern - 0
Michigan State - 0
Ohio State - 0
IOWA - 6

Go Hawks!

Reactions: icu81222
Did anyone see where d1baseball.com ranked Iowa in it's Top 100 Programs? It appears to be a subscription site.

87th and 6th in the Big Ten.

B1G Order (Parentheses denote overall ranking):
1. Indiana (23)
2. Illinois (36)
3. Maryland (39)
4. Nebraska (40)
5. Michigan (67)
6. Iowa (87)
7. Michigan State (93)
8. Minnesota (100)

Given the last two seasons, Maryland should be higher than 39 and probably higher than Illinois. The Illini had a remarkable 2015 campaign but they don't have the recent success of Maryland.

Reactions: icu81222
I am surprised Minnesota is so low. They have been very solid for years. I suspect Anderson has to be on the way out soon. ?

I am surprised Minnesota is so low. They have been very solid for years. I suspect Anderson has to be on the way out soon. ?

His contract expires next summer (2016) so the administration has the option of not renewing it. Many Gopher fans believe he's checked out and he barely recruits outside his zip code. I really, really like Coach Anderson but he hasn't done much the last few years and I think a change is needed.

His contract expires next summer (2016) so the administration has the option of not renewing it. Many Gopher fans believe he's checked out and he barely recruits outside his zip code. I really, really like Coach Anderson but he hasn't done much the last few years and I think a change is needed.

Anderson always is going to take the Minnesota kids first

Anyways, I see Iowa finished 19th in those recruiting rankings

I agree but when you repeatedly lose top players to Nebraska in addition to southern teams (which is gonna happen) you need to make up for the gap in players.

I don't disagree with that. I think any midwest state needs to have a mix of in state guys and out of state. Even Iowa's top talent usually goes elsewhere. I hope Heller can bridge that gap, but IMO still no way we keep all the top talent in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT