ADVERTISEMENT

2018 WR I'Shawn Stewart talks Hawkeye Tailgater

Apr 8, 2003
Stewart returns to Iowa City
Blair Sanderson | Editor

xcozinsfyzqr67yldc5p

Kirk Ferentz and I'Shawn Stewart at the Hawkeye Tailgater.

After earning an offer at Iowa’s camp in June, Class of 2018 receiver I’Shawn Stewart had a chance to return to Iowa City for the Hawkeye Tailgater this weekend. We caught up with the 5-foot-11, 160-pound Stewart to get his thoughts on the trip, where the Hawkeyes currently stand on his list, and much more.

Q: Can you kind of take us through everything you got to do at Iowa this weekend?

STEWART: We got to meet some of the people in our Class of 2018, went out to eat, got visit the campus, and see the great facility more.

Q: What was the biggest highlight of the visit for you?

STEWART: The biggest highlight at Iowa for me would be trying on the uniforms and coming out of the tunnel. They made it seem very real.

Q: What did the coaches say when you met with them? What kind of opportunity do they see for you?

STEWART: They think it is a great fit for me to put on weight and to become a better player overall. They see me playing the Z slot position and a little of the X position too.

Q: What is your overall impression of Iowa after leaving there today?

STEWART: I still think it's an amazing place to be. There are great people around Iowa City and it’s definitely a place that I can put at the top of my list considering this last visit.

Q: What is next for you recruiting wise? Do you have more visits coming up?

STEWART: No, I do not have any more visits. I’ll just be focusing on this season.

Q: Obviously, it’s still really early, but have you given any thought as to when you might want to eventually decide?

STEWART: I think I will officially decide probably after my junior year. That will give me time to see all my options, their facilities and what their people and town are like.

A Class of 2018 prospect, Stewart currently holds scholarship offers from Iowa, Illinois, and Nevada.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News