ADVERTISEMENT

An outsiders take on the Hawkeye 2015 class

Originally posted by grosie#2:

So you're a Penn State troll.
LOL what? Not at all, whatever that means in reference to this article.

This post was edited on 3/4 10:44 AM by epicbret

since dearth must mean lack of depth, I have just one question for the author.
{do you even know a thing about the Hawks?}

IA has 4 SR DE's and 3 4* DT's 2 of which are RSJR's this fall, as far as speed goes, IA has these ready to play,

RSSO SR/RB Parker 4.4 40 fastest player on the team coming out of IC by reports\
RSSO RB Wadley 4.4 40
SR WR Smith 4.4 40
JR WR VandeBerg 4.48 40
RSSR WR Hillyer 4.5 40

there are very few 4.3 40 players out there in the college FB world.

The underage coeds go to the Sports Column, Brothers, and The Fieldhouse; the rich Chicago suburb kids that did not get into Illinois go to the Union Bar to rave, at least when I went to Iowa.

From a more recent grad:

SpoCo (Sports Column): A standard for everybody thanks to birthday pitchers. A lot of suburb kids.
Fieldhouse- people who want to rave and go crazy, but have some standards. Student athlete hot spot.
DC's- fishbowl night its crazy. Quiet cousin to Fieldhouse.
Union- where you go to rave, get crazy. A place to avoid if you want to live STD free.
Brothers- your stereotypical bro in general. This is your highest grouping of Chicago Suburbs. A few athlete here as well. Second stop for underage coeds.
The Summit- underage coeds. Not sure how anyone gets away with fake id's here as there is nobody over 21.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

since dearth must mean lack of depth, I have just one question for the author.
{do you even know a thing about the Hawks?}

IA has 4 SR DE's and 3 4* DT's 2 of which are RSJR's this fall, as far as speed goes, IA has these ready to play,

RSSO SR/RB Parker 4.4 40 fastest player on the team coming out of IC by reports\
RSSO RB Wadley 4.4 40
SR WR Smith 4.4 40
JR WR VandeBerg 4.48 40
RSSR WR Hillyer 4.5 40

there are very few 4.3 40 players out there in the college FB world.
Congrats on the stars (coming from a huge Jaleel Johnson fan) and team reported 40s, but play on the field showed a lack of proven playmakers. You lose the two best DTs, from a unit that struggled. The end play was also nothing to bang 4* chests about. The Hawk front seven can use priven production, not rankings. Love Jewell and Niemann, but the LBs need be better. Could they take a leap across the board, sure, but put it on tape.

Good guide younghawk. Guess places change over the years, like The Hill at UNI and Welch st area in Ames. About a decade since I graduated, Summit was new and "classy," was where the basketball players went. Favorite memory was standing next to Benny Sapp at Airliner who was double fisting rum and cokes and telling the the guys buying him drinks "you white boys can't chug as fast as me." And then a few weeks later he got popped and had to to transfer to UNI. Guess that should have gone into the Colin Sandeman thread.

DE Ott was 3rd in the BT in sacks and the #2 just went into the NFL draft

that's not proof enough? and if Davis and LTP were not as good as they were you have no idea that Johnson and Ekakitie would not have started in their place.

the LB's were these and their grades
RSFR Bower
RSFR Jewell
18 YEAR old SO Spearman a kid that should have been preparing for his SR prom THIS SPRING.
FR Neiman played on ST's

now if you were expecting any of those to play anywhere near the level of these 3 you and others were crazy
Hitchens NFL Pick
Kirksey NFL Pick
Morris Played in the NFL

DT RSSR Cooper another in the mix was hurt all season, as a whole IA's defense ended up 17th in total defense, that is a good defense, a bad defense ends up in the 60's and 70's in total defense, they never end up in the top 20 in total defense,
the defense returns 7 out of 11 starters, and in this case 3 4* DT's are the backups, in the 2ndary they are replacing just 1 player and not many had anything good to say about him,

all the LB'rs have added at least 10 lbs to a very light make up last season, another 10 lbs of good muscle weight combined with a full year under their belt can make all the difference in a players ability.

replacing players on the OL is a matter of getting them to gel as a unit, Scherff started as a RSSO and replaced Reiff a NFL 1ST rnd draft pick,

the biggest difference between this season and last is this season they have 3 RB's that can give IA that home run threat out of the Back field.

as for Smith getting 80 catches is nuts, as to who should IA ignore this fall, TE Duzey maybe. in 2008 these were the numbers by receivers.or pass catchers

DJK 45
McNutt 35
Stross 31
Moeaki 30

and that team won the OB, IN 2011 McNutt caught 82 passes and IA Went 7-6, JVB threw for 3022 yards, you know one of those season posters bellyache about.. spreading the ball out between the targets works out better than just throwing to just 1 receiver,

DE Ott was 3rd in the BT in sacks and the #2 just went into the NFL draft

that's not proof enough? and if Davis and LTP were not as good as they were you have no idea that Johnson and Ekakitie would not have started in their place.

the LB's were these and their grades
RSFR Bower
RSFR Jewell
18 YEAR old SO Spearman a kid that should have been preparing for his SR prom THIS SPRING.
FR Neiman played on ST's

now if you were expecting any of those to play anywhere near the level of these 3 you and others were crazy
Hitchens NFL Pick
Kirksey NFL Pick
Morris Played in the NFL

DT RSSR Cooper another in the mix was hurt all season, as a whole IA's defense ended up 17th in total defense, that is a good defense, a bad defense ends up in the 60's and 70's in total defense, they never end up in the top 20 in total defense,
the defense returns 7 out of 11 starters, and in this case 3 4* DT's are the backups, in the 2ndary they are replacing just 1 player and not many had anything good to say about him,

all the LB'rs have added at least 10 lbs to a very light make up last season, another 10 lbs of good muscle weight combined with a full year under their belt can make all the difference in a players ability.

replacing players on the OL is a matter of getting them to gel as a unit, Scherff started as a RSSO and replaced Reiff a NFL 1ST rnd draft pick,

the biggest difference between this season and last is this season they have 3 RB's that can give IA that home run threat out of the Back field.

as for Smith getting 80 catches is nuts, as to who should IA ignore this fall, TE Duzey maybe. in 2008 these were the numbers by receivers.or pass catchers

DJK 45
McNutt 35
Stross 31
Moeaki 30

and that team won the OB, IN 2011 McNutt caught 82 passes and IA Went 7-6, JVB threw for 3022 yards, you know one of those season posters bellyache about.. spreading the ball out between the targets works out better than just throwing to just 1 receiver,
Sweet! Hope more people get the word we won back to back Orange Bowls!

Clearly you are a bit over the top homer, which is nice, but step back bub. Also you need to better understand the meaning of depth. You've listed three DL, heck of a rotation and depth champ.

those were just the upper classmen. I listed, didn't know you wanted the entire roster of DL. 3 RSSR'S and 1 true SR make up the 2 deeps at the DE position although 6'8 270 lbs RSFR Nelson is listed in the 2 Deeps at the DE position

as for the DT's RSFR Bazata is listed in the 2 deeps and he was rated the 3rd best player in Nebraska and was a 1st team All Stater 3 years in a row, and his SR year was a HVY weight wrestler, he is the one listed in the DT 2 deeps instead of RSSR Cooper,

none of that 2015 class will be needed to start or even play this fall,

3 true freshmen played in 2013 then 13 RSFR played in 2014, so in that Tennessee game it was RSFR vs RSFR and in that game that loss was all these posters God CJ by fumbling the ball away on the Tennessee 30 and then throwing that INT inside the 10 after a 1st and goal.

also the RSSR's this fall were/are made up of a class that was rated 30th by Rivals and 25th by Scout this is not a group of kids that can't play.

So if the standard for a bad defense is to finish in the 60's and 70's does that apply to offense as well? Please let me know 2222.

those were just the upper classmen. I listed, didn't know you wanted the entire roster of DL. 3 RSSR'S and 1 true SR make up the 2 deeps at the DE position although 6'8 270 lbs RSFR Nelson is listed in the 2 Deeps at the DE position

as for the DT's RSFR Bazata is listed in the 2 deeps and he was rated the 3rd best player in Nebraska and was a 1st team All Stater 3 years in a row, and his SR year was a HVY weight wrestler, he is the one listed in the DT 2 deeps instead of RSSR Cooper,

none of that 2015 class will be needed to start or even play this fall,

3 true freshmen played in 2013 then 13 RSFR played in 2014, so in that Tennessee game it was RSFR vs RSFR and in that game that loss was all these posters God CJ by fumbling the ball away on the Tennessee 30 and then throwing that INT inside the 10 after a 1st and goal.

also the RSSR's this fall were/are made up of a class that was rated 30th by Rivals and 25th by Scout this is not a group of kids that can't play.
you're a good damned imbecile...quit hating who Kirk has chosen as the best qb...and you call yourself a Hawkeye fan.....
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Reading that article on Michigan I noticed they didn't even mention Higdon as being one of their recruits of importance.

cid when a team avg's in the high 80's to low 100's, yeah a team that finishes in the 60 is a very good finish, 2014 Offense totaled a little over 5200 yards and avg'd 400 yards per game, is a good offense especially when the last team that did that was 2005. when that team avg'd 432 yards in 12 games and that team totaled 5189 yards in 12 games.

2005 5189 24th
2014 5201 60th

hmm now I wonder how that can be.

under GD since
2012 3725 116th
2013 4901 78th
2014 5201 60th

that's a increase of 56 places in offenses stats. and a increase of 1476 yards in 3 seasons, WITHOUT A SOLID RUNNING GAME.

as for you Clarinda go gargle and brush you teeth some of CJ's curly hair are still showing.

Originally posted by illhawkdvv:
Reading that article on Michigan I noticed they didn't even mention Higdon as being one of their recruits of importance.
I told my buddy there was rumors in our lounge that Michigan is trying to flip Higdon. His response was "who"? That's from a guy that spends hours on their premium scout and rivals sites. He was an after thought over there.

I am of the opinion IA ended up with the better RB in Graham as he is not coming in with any preconceived notions of starting, the non assuming ones are the ones that work the hardest and have the most success, Higdon may surprise or he may end up surprised at his choice.

I feel better knowing kilroy likes graham over higdon, because if anyone knows better than websites/companies built to track player development and potential its old hawkjazz.......... your whole stance on this graham kid is that he won some award playing against tiny schools. Correct me if im wrong but nate meier was an unstoppable animal in his class size and he never sniffed running back. (No disrespect to nate guy is obviously a workout warrior trying to find a way to play on the line, which if we had solid recruits would only come into play in the most "rudy" of stories not an everyday thing as is now par for the mens fb team.

This post was edited on 3/6 11:07 AM by HAWK-N-402 (4)

I am of the opinion IA ended up with the better RB in Graham as he is not coming in with any preconceived notions of starting, the non assuming ones are the ones that work the hardest and have the most success, Higdon may surprise or he may end up surprised at his choice.
I'm sure here's what Kilroy probably said back in 2011 when a similar circumstance happened--

I am of the opinion IA ended up with the better RB in Damon Bullock as he is not coming in with any preconceived notions of starting, the non assuming ones are the ones that work the hardest and have the most success, Melvin Gordon may surprise or he may end up surprised at his choice.

cid when a team avg's in the high 80's to low 100's, yeah a team that finishes in the 60 is a very good finish, 2014 Offense totaled a little over 5200 yards and avg'd 400 yards per game, is a good offense especially when the last team that did that was 2005. when that team avg'd 432 yards in 12 games and that team totaled 5189 yards in 12 games.

2005 5189 24th

2014 5201 60th

hmm now I wonder how that can be.

under GD since

2012 3725 116th

2013 4901 78th

2014 5201 60th

that's a increase of 56 places in offenses stats. and a increase of 1476 yards in 3 seasons, WITHOUT A SOLID RUNNING GAME.

as for you Clarinda go gargle and brush you teeth some of CJ's curly hair are still showing.
lol.....you're suck a sunshinene hater.....he's the best we have, and many of us knew it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

is that why IA lost to Tennessee a 6-6 team. as he was the only one that truly had a chance to play. also you boyfriend or is that you son fumbled the ball on the Tennessee 30 yard line and threw that INT after IA got a 1st and goal. CJ clearly was the worst QB on the field in that game and he is the reason WHY IA LOST that game.,

face it if this CJ was as great as you and others make him out to be IA SHOULD HAVE WON.. NOT LOST

Clarinda keep blowing on CJ's skin flute since you are becoming a expert at it. oh by the way incest is against the law in most states

Iowa's defense blew ass in the game against Tenn.. JR was 2-8 for a whopping 4 yards per attempt..Pathetic overall performance by the team/staff against Tenn. Men against boys, even though Tenn was playing alot of underclassmen....

hawk2222,

Please keep your nonsensical ramblings internal. You alone will suffer embarrassment, but there is an indirect reflection.

I wish making false statements about loved ones was against the law in most states.
This post was edited on 3/7 3:25 PM by 4th & 9 inches

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT