ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony F enrolled?

I’ve heard rumors that Chittum wasn’t the only recruit to pass on Iowa after the Ferrari clan showed up.
I never heard of any ... do you have any solid names or is this just Hating the Fast car brothers chatter ?? I was never convinced we would see Chittum after his dad refused to sign his commitment from the start and he had already decommitted from Minny

Reactions: redghost1974
I never heard of any ... do you have any solid names or is this just Hating the Fast car brothers chatter ?? I was never convinced we would see Chittum after his dad refused to sign his commitment from the start and he had already decommitted from Minny
I do, but it’s not for me to share those details, imo.

He seems like to much of a narcissist not to come back for a possible 5th title if he wins it this year.
Exactly. There is no way he won't be back. I'd say the odds of him not coming back are less than 1%.

lol... i have a bunch of names and inside information.. not my place to share them though.... ill just say i have them... Can't tell you who though... I HAVE INSIDE INFORMATION.....

am I cool now???
I shared info from a friend’s convo with a recruits parents but it’s not my place to give details, imo. I don’t consider that inside info.

lol... i have a bunch of names and inside information.. not my place to share them though.... ill just say i have them... Can't tell you who though... I HAVE INSIDE INFORMATION.....

am I cool now???
It came to him in a dream...

Smoke Weed GIF

Surely that's to milk out some NIL funding. He'll be back.
I get why you would say that, especially since RBY was doing something similar (suggesting he would not be back for 2022-23). Starocci’s vibe seems different, though, and unlike RBY’s situation, Starocci could move on knowing the stable is loaded at his weight. No chance of a guilty conscience for the team’s prospects for repeating.

Plus, guys who seem to be anything less than 100% all-in on a return do not exactly have success in repeating as champ. Just compare Nick Lee, RBY, and Dean. Seems like Lee was the only one to never express any doubt, and he took care of business just fine. Of course, I have no way of knowing whether he had doubts and just didn’t make them public.

Pathetic isn’t it?
We like our guys and we’re loyal. Not sure if that qualifies as pathetic. It might be noble, in a way. Relationships and people are being placed above winning. So I guess it depends on how you look at that.

though, and unlike RBY’s situation, Starocci could move on knowing the stable is loaded at his weight. No chance of a guilty conscience for the team’s prospects for repeating.
Lmfao! There is no way Starocci is making his decision on whether or not to return based on if there is a good wrestler to step in and replace him for PSU if he leaves. That is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. 😂

Lmfao! There is no way Starocci is making his decision on whether or not to return based on if there is a good wrestler to step in and replace him for PSU if he leaves. That is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. 😂
Good, enjoy yourself in that. But it is more than just plausible that RBY and Dean were emotionally ready to move on and felt pressure to stay that last year to help ensure another team title. Whether directly from teammates, coaches, fans — or just indirectly by perceiving others’ unspoken desires — I think they knew they were needed and felt pressured to stay. I think Kemerer might have had a similar internal struggle regarding self vs. teammates during his last off-season, too.

I’m just saying Starocci is not going to feel that kind of pressure. Beyond striving for a personal record (5x champ) — which a lot of people will try to discount with an asterisk anyway — there would seem to be no good reason for him to stay. The team’s 2025 title hopes are not riding on his prospective return, and he doesn’t stand to gain a whole lot by delaying his international/professional career another year.

So, I believe him when he says this is his last season.

Good, enjoy yourself in that. But it is more than just plausible that RBY and Dean were emotionally ready to move on and felt pressure to stay that last year to help ensure another team title. Whether directly from teammates, coaches, fans — or just indirectly by perceiving others’ unspoken desires — I think they knew they were needed and felt pressured to stay. I think Kemerer might have had a similar internal struggle regarding self vs. teammates during his last off-season, too.

I’m just saying Starocci is not going to feel that kind of pressure. Beyond striving for a personal record (5x champ) — which a lot of people will try to discount with an asterisk anyway — there would seem to be no good reason for him to stay. The team’s 2025 title hopes are not riding on his prospective return, and he doesn’t stand to gain a whole lot by delaying his international/professional career another year.

So, I believe him when he says this is his last season.
Would you like to wager on this? Money goes to HWC or NLWC?

AJ has stated he would still have 3 years of eligibility left bc he is taking an Olympic year this year. In order for him to get the Olympic red-shirt wouldn't he have to compete at Olympic Trials? I have not heard anything about him competing or even training freestyle and Trials are in a couple months. Just curious if that is a rule to taking an Olympic year, if you actually have to pursue the Olympic team by competing. Thanks in advance for any info.

AJ has stated he would still have 3 years of eligibility left bc he is taking an Olympic year this year. In order for him to get the Olympic red-shirt wouldn't he have to compete at Olympic Trials? I have not heard anything about him competing or even training freestyle and Trials are in a couple months. Just curious if that is a rule to taking an Olympic year, if you actually have to pursue the Olympic team by competing. Thanks in advance for any info.
You qualify for an Olympic RS by placing in the past at World events. He's qualified for it. I'm not aware of anything that says you've to compete at trials

No way Carter passes on #5 if he wins #4. The NIL $ he will receive will be enormous. He doesn't want to attend classes anymore.But you just enroll 2nd semester wrestle and never have to attend class grades aren't out until after NCAAs . Take your NIL $ and wrestle 2nd semester. He will be offered the biggest NIL deal ever for a wrestler.

No way Carter passes on #5 if he wins #4. The NIL $ he will receive will be enormous. He doesn't want to attend classes anymore.But you just enroll 2nd semester wrestle and never have to attend class grades aren't out until after NCAAs . Take your NIL $ and wrestle 2nd semester. He will be offered the biggest NIL deal ever for a wrestler.
Well, either I misunderstand or am incredibly naive about this stuff (probably the case), but if that scenario is allowed, what a despicable system. Sign up for class, never attend (and presumably fail), but still be allowed on sports team and NCAA tourney because nobody knows grades until later????

Well, either I misunderstand or am incredibly naive about this stuff (probably the case), but if that scenario is allowed, what a despicable system. Sign up for class, never attend (and presumably fail), but still be allowed on sports team and NCAA tourney because nobody knows grades until later????
Happens way more than you think across multiple sports in their last year of eligibility. Hell, it even happens a lot with the 1 and done basketball players.

You have to understand a bunch of athletes in top sports are only trying to use college as a springboard to the pros. In the fringe sports many don’t want to keep taking classes if they already have their degree, unless they know for sure continued education would help them I. Whatever field they would be going into after.

In the case of Starocci, I completely understand, if he already has his degree, why he wouldn’t want to take more classes if they don’t matter…

Presumably he is graduating before next season. So, you’re saying he can apply for, get admitted, and start grad school in spring semester so that he is enrolled in school, and then blow it off and just drop out as soon as the season is over? And get a huge $$$ payout in the meantime.

I’ll be blissfully naive and believe that won’t happen.

Reactions: el dub
Presumably he is graduating before next season. So, you’re saying he can apply for, get admitted, and start grad school in spring semester so that he is enrolled in school, and then blow it off and just drop out as soon as the season is over? And get a huge $$$ payout in the meantime.

See Nick Suriano

You don't have to pursue grad school to remain a student, you can in theory take any class you'd like as long as you're admitted into the University. He could take basket weaving, native American studies, and the history of rock & roll (all undergrad classes) and wrestle even with a degree in hand.

It's been happening in basketball for years . Guys going to the NBA do it

It's already happening in wrestling. 9 credits of grad school is full time just like 12 is for undergrad

LaDanian Tomlinson did exactly this his last semester of school. Attended no classes in fall semester, played every game, played in their bowl game, then left school.

Well, it sounds like the precedent has certainly been set by others. I had forgotten about Suriano. Otherwise, my thought was “of course universities let revenue sports do it, but why bend standards for lowly wrestling?” Either way, I agree it is BS and makes yet another mockery of the “student athlete” concept.

Reactions: Trapper85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT