ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on DeSanto?

Worked with a guy named Hollywood because he was from Cali. Another dude named Cowboy worked on a ranch in Wyoming. There was also a guy named Tex, but have no clue where he was from.
Almost posted this same thing with a Forrest Gump pic. That's why it's wise to read the whole thread before ya post, less effect when you double down on the silliness. Nice work Chief.

Reactions: IAChief32
Worked with a guy named Hollywood because he was from Cali. Another dude named Cowboy worked on a ranch in Wyoming. There was also a guy named Tex, but have no clue where he was from.

You were a fighter pilot though. That's different.
Call sign, Chief.

Safarov was discussed in another thread (NJCAA) and there seems to be some questions about whether his age is an issue with his D1 clock.

Reactions: rustynailhawk
Eligibility clock starts once you enroll full time.
Eligibility clock starts no later than one year post high school or when you enter college, whichever comes first. Exceptions to the one year clock include military service and missions, but there may be others. So for 99% of wrestlers, they have one year to enroll into college and then five years to complete four years of sport. Medical hardship and Olympic participation are exceptions to the five year rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: andegre
I think Safarov wrestled at 133 in November or December but then was 125 the rest of the season. I question if he is large enough. But he may have my kind of old man strength.

Eligibility clock starts no later than one year post high school or when you enter college, whichever comes first. Exceptions to the one year clock include military service and missions, but there may be others. So for 99% of wrestlers, they have one year to enroll into college and then five years to complete four years of sport. Medical hardship and Olympic participation are exceptions to the five year rule.
Not saying you're wrong, but do you have a link to support this?

Way too easy to look this up.

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/transfer-terms

Reactions: goiahawkeyes

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

True, but there is a time limit as to when the clock starts for the 5 year window.

Present it

True, but there is a time limit as to when the clock starts for the 5 year window.

I'm sure D-1 is different than D-2 but we (University of Central Missouri) Had a 30 year old Olympian from Bulgaria on our team. I believe he won his national title at or around the age of 30.

Reactions: SDHN2013

In the link you posted, the athlete asking the question had already been enrolled at a community college. I think that started his clock, not his graduation from high school.

Pretty sure it isn’t just one year after high school to enroll. Fairly certain it starts at 21 whether enrolled or not. If you enroll prior to 21 then it starts.

Downey for example.
2011 HS graduate 18yrs
2 years at OTC
2014-started at NE, then ICCC 21years (redshirt)
15-ICCC NC
16-ISU AA
17-ISU DNC
18- tried to enroll at Iowa for last year of eligibility. 25 years old.

Just one example.

Other divisions are different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT