ADVERTISEMENT

Bear vs. Man in the Woods

Anyone who says they’d rather meet a bear than a man has never been up close with a bear. They have no idea what that animal can do to you. A bear will stand on your head and rip out your stomach. It will then proceed to eat you while you scream. It’s not like a tiger which will rip out your throat so you die quickly. A tiger doesn’t want to have to fight you. A bear doesn’t care because there’s nothing you can do to it.

Is this a trans bear?

mbp2.png

tl;dr People are strange. They see fear based articles posing as news and assume the world is completely unsafe.

I’m an avid hiker and spend a lot of time on trails in the USA and abroad. I’m not sure I have ever encountered someone on the trails I would deem to be a threat to my safety. And yet people assume that people aren’t safe based on what media they consume.

Coincidently I am reading Tim Kaine’s book on his adventures outdoors in Virginia and he has a little passage about how “white” the people he encounters are on the trails. He posits that this is because people of color don’t feel safe on the trails. Now whether or not there is truth to that feeling I can’t say - I’m white. But, I am sure the fear inducing stories out there don’t help this situation. And it’s a shame that our great public spaces aren’t enjoyed by everyone. We have some of the most remarkable scenery anywhere on earth.

Anyway, based on decades of experience outdoors…you do NOT want to confront a bear. Give me a human every time.

This is the dumbest shit ever, unless the question is whether you would rather be hunted in the wilderness by a bear or a sociopathic cannibal.
It’s easy to pick “bear” when you’ve never actually had a close encounter with one.

It’s just another dumb social media thing where one sex gets to insult/shame the other.

It’s easy to pick “bear” when you’ve never actually had a close encounter with one.

It’s just another dumb social media thing where one sex gets to insult/shame the other.
I mean, bears eat up to 20,000 calories a day during the fall. If they are at a calorie deficit, you're probably on the menu. Or, if you stumble upon a momma bear with cubs, you're mauled. Yes, there are evil men out there but presumably, you are in the woods with someone you know and trust. If not, I will place money on a random hiker/camper/hunter not harming someone over the bear.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Anyone who says they’d rather meet a bear than a man has never been up close with a bear. They have no idea what that animal can do to you. A bear will stand on your head and rip out your stomach. It will then proceed to eat you while you scream. It’s not like a tiger which will rip out your throat so you die quickly. A tiger doesn’t want to have to fight you. A bear doesn’t care because there’s nothing you can do to it.
This.

Anyone who disagrees should listen to the audio of Timothy Treadwell (Grizzly Bear Documentary) getting mauled to death. It wasn't quick. The bear then ate his girlfriend. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: WrigleyHawkeye20
tl;dr People are strange. They see fear based articles posing as news and assume the world is completely unsafe.

Coincidently I am reading Tim Kaine’s book on his adventures outdoors in Virginia and he has a little passage about how “white” the people he encounters are on the trails. He posits that this is because people of color don’t feel safe on the trails. Now whether or not there is truth to that feeling I can’t say - I’m white.
You should read it. Coincidentally, you're not a woman, either. ;)

There is a very important excerpt I think a lot of you are overlooking. “It’s not about the bear”. There’s a lot of creeps and sexual abusers out there. Every woman you know, has been in a situation where she feared for her life because of a man. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. My wife was assaulted by her piece of shit ex boss before we met. Like backed up in his office and trying to take her pants off. That’s not the only incident for her either. A women is a target, sadly.

Last edited:
My 17 yo daughter asked my no pic and I this yesterday. We both emphatically said man.
My no pic was in an abusive relationship prior to dating me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT