Snyder - OSU
McIntosh - PSU

Burak vs. MD (Neb/Rut in QF)

285 Byes
Medberry - Wisc
Coon - MICH

Telford vs. Indiana (PSU/MSU in QF)

This post was edited on 3/6 12:45 PM by LutherAce

good point...i'm guessing that is at least 4 points lost by OSU getting byes. (Streibler fall, and jordan/snyder getting majors or better...)

Looks like the top seeds have byes at all the weights except for 125 and 149. Anyone know why this is?

Originally posted by rollinghawk:
Looks like the top seeds have byes at all the weights except for 125 and 149. Anyone know why this is?

allocations for nationals.

125 and 149 only have to seed out to 8 because they get less than 8 qualifiers. The rest are drawn in at random.

The other weights have to seed to 16, so it follows traditional seeding/bracketing.

Originally posted by 9Hawks:
Sorenson listed as RS SO... Draws Short first round.
Sorensen has been pretty much lights out during the dual season. I hope he'll continue to shine in these last 2 tournaments! Would be really nice to see some bonus points...
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Definitely a nice little advantage for Iowa in the first round. If only Northwestern had an entrant at 174lbs, Evans would have somebody to try to get bonus points against instead of receiving the BYE from the three seed. Gilman, Clark, Moore, Burak and Telford need to take advantage of this opportunity in the opening round to get some bonus points.

For OSU I see Tomasello, Dijulius and Courts getting bonus in the first round with Mark Martin as an outside possibility.
For MN I see Storley, Pfarr and Schiller getting bonus in the first round.
For PSU I see Gulibon and Lawson getting bonus in the first round with Garrett Hammon as an outside possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT