ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Session 1 Thread

jmadden1998

HR All-American
Jan 26, 2017
It’s the day we have been waiting for!! Matches kick off at 11am central time. ESPNU will provide coverage of select matches and they typically bounce around to different mats. If you subscribe to ESPN+, you can stream each individual mat with no announcers.

Trackwrestling is great for mat assignments. You can even sign up for text alerts for each wrestler you choose.

First round match ups for our guys.

125 Ayala vs Griffin (Cal Baptist)
133 Teske vs Cardinal (South Dakota St)
141 Woods vs Owen (Columbia)
149 Rathjen vs Williams (Oklahoma St)
157 Franek vs Blaze (Purdue)
165 Caliendo vs Brenner (Minnesota)
174 Kennedy vs Eischens (North Carolina)
197 Glazier vs Smith (Virginia Tech)
285 Hill vs Trephan (NC State)

Hawks by a million!

Reactions: Grip220
let’s enjoy some wrestling!

you can’t protect something that was never yours so i hope this team wrestles that way. if they do i think good things will happen.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
It’s the day we have been waiting for!! Matches kick off at 11am central time. ESPNU will provide coverage of select matches and they typically bounce around to different mats. If you subscribe to ESPN+, you can stream each individual mat with no announcers.

Trackwrestling is great for mat assignments. You can even sign up for text alerts for each wrestler you choose.

Thank you for the ESPN+ tip

according to the wrestling room guy jordan williams almost pulled out due to injury but he’s going to give it a shot and tough it out. rathjen has him round 1.
He appeared to suffer some sort of collarbone/chest injury against Swiderski. Gutted it out for that match, but defaulted pretty quickly in the finals.

A healthy Williams is a very tough match up for Rathjen (they wrestled in the fargo finals I think). His head outside defense is phenomenal and that's Rathjen's best attack. He ate VV alive there in the dual. That should be a very good r1 match if Williams is able to wrestle close to his ability with the injury.

Reactions: SDHN2013

Is it free to sign up for text alerts? I’m not seeing it on their page

Hoping some of you kind, intelligent gentlemen will post mat assignments when you see them. Pretty Please!

Reactions: foxb
I have the ESPN app open. Where is the best place to get up to date Iowa mat assignments?
Flo/ Track wrestling has an app that will text you mats once they are assigned, they just post them when they are in the hole, so there can be a lot of standing around once you get your text.

I think a wrestler dropped out yesterday.
Plus the first alternate did not weigh in today after the bracket was redrawn. Assumption is he was notified late about the change and wasn't close enough to weight to make it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT