ADVERTISEMENT

Big XII relevant again in Wrestling

I realize this is a blog/satire site but the poll at the bottom "Which new conference affiliate member do you arbitrarily hate the most?" made me LOL. After the whipping NDSU put on ISU in football I'm not surprised they are far into the lead.

Reactions: Jaybird319
Article talks about wrestling schools, then shows a picture of a female gymnast from Air Force?

A means to an end. It's too bad they didn't merge with a tougher conference like the ACC. There would have been some competition there.

I realize this is a blog/satire site but the poll at the bottom "Which new conference affiliate member do you arbitrarily hate the most?" made me LOL. After the whipping NDSU put on ISU in football I'm not surprised they are far into the lead.

There's an NDSU troll that has inhabited a couple of ISU boards for a few years. I assume that's more of a response to him than anything.

While it might not be a "team" race for a bit, it does add some nice individual match ups and it will no longer be the four man round robin hehe...remember those tourneys back in the day?

While it might not be a "team" race for a bit, it does add some nice individual match ups and it will no longer be the four man round robin hehe...remember those tourneys back in the day?
Seems like a win-win all the way around (since they can't seem to get the rest of the conference on board, this will do for now). Don't know how many of these programs are fully funded, but it may add a few more DI schollies to the list over time. Of course there will have to be some Female Rowers added too, but whatever works I guess.

Frankly, it was embarrassing to call a 4-man bracket a conference championship.

Now, there's a 10-man bracket, 2 days of weigh-ins, 4 matches for the top finishers. At the very least it will feel like a legitimate event and a better simulation of/preparation for the NCAA schedule. Yeah, there will be strong weights and weak weights, but that'll happen. I think with last year's numbers, 125 would have had 7 auto bids, and some other weights would have only had 2-3.

Bono, Kish and Branch have to be licking their chops to get a chance to recruit in the "Big 12", and take their shots against OSU/OU/ISU. Air Force, Utah Valley, and Northern Colorado have some work to do.

If Utah valley can keep the good kids in state, they'll have a decent team. Being able to compete for Big12 titles will help with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT