ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett Announcement

PSU and tOSU are the front runners. Ryan pulling out all the stops - they're hosting the Bishop McCort - St Paris Graham dual at the Covelli Center.

Iowa will be on the list but Bo aint going anywhere west of Columbus. Sorry.
I figure PSU will get him and Forrest for sure, but getting beat out by Ohio State would be painful, especially after losing Mendez to them. Realistically, is there any top 2025/2026 who we lead on?

I'm sure we will wrangle up a couple of guys in the 40-80 range.
Can you change your name to bitchfan? You're such a whiny bitch. From my couch recruiting has improved. Keuter, Arnold, Ferrari, Ferrari, and Deloca are all elite recruits but you can't let the ink dry long enough before starting to bitch again. At least wait a few weeks ok bitch?

Can you change your name to bitchfan? You're such a whiny bitch. From my couch recruiting has improved. Keuter, Arnold, Ferrari, Ferrari, and Deloca are all elite recruits but you can't let the ink dry long enough before starting to bitch again. At least wait a few weeks ok bitch?
We missed one today and now, by all accounts, we're not going to get Bassett.
Very happy with the guys you mentioned but if you think landing 5 guys over 3 classes is enough to compete with psu, well you're wrong.

We missed one today and now, by all accounts, we're not going to get Bassett.
Very happy with the guys you mentioned but if you think landing 5 guys over 3 classes is enough to compete with psu, well you're wrong.
I never said anything about having enough to compete with psu. I said recruiting has picked up and the broken record bitching has annoyed me enough to bitch right back.

I never said anything about having enough to compete with psu. I said recruiting has picked up and the broken record bitching has annoyed me enough to bitch right back.
heck yes, let football recruit one for you and then get a family discount when other schools have backed off. good to know you have no interest in competing with the best. just so we finish in the top 4 or 5 then.

Reactions: el dub
Heard he loves Spencer, Max and the Brands but grew up a Buckeye fan and loves Columbus and distance to home. Just what I heard.

• Sad
Reactions: TNTwrestle
Pretty sure he will go to the combination of where he feels he will become the best wrestler and a big NIL deal.

A few more big moves and another TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP might change his mind! Certainly NOT one to write this year off as you all know, but IOWA would need just about everything to go right, and F*** st would need a few misfires.

That being said, I truly believe next season we are back in it. I believe who wins will depend on who fills a few spots best!?!?!?

They lose more then us but also have what seems like 1/2 the top recruits in the nation waiting!!! Both teams will appear to need a HEAVY although we "have" BK maybe??? Who else is a possibility for heavy, I haven't a clue? We will need to replace Woods also and more then likely need a HAMMER but I believe ever other weight is very solid or better!

A few more big moves and another TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP might change his mind! Certainly NOT one to write this year off as you all know, but IOWA would need just about everything to go right, and F*** st would need a few misfires.

That being said, I truly believe next season we are back in it. I believe who wins will depend on who fills a few spots best!?!?!?

They lose more than us but also have what seems like 1/2 the top recruits in the nation waiting!!! Both teams will appear to need a HEAVY ackalthough we "have" BK maybe??? Who else is a possibility for heavy, I haven't a clue? We will need to replace Woods also and more then likely need a HAMMER but I believe ever other weight is very solid or better!
They’ll bring in Gable if he doesn’t come back this year 😄😄😄

Well you most likely wont eventually be #1 with Bo if you arent in his top 5 or whatever the number he lists. So i hope IA is there.

Reactions: el dub
Spencer said " Going to Iowa wasn't the EASIEST decision ....but it was the BEST decision for me " and with Bo seeking out mat sessions with Spencer and with Jody Stritmatter as his YG club coach I think we still have a strong inside push. Bo is a different personality than most kids and he is calm and mature beyond his years. I think his faith is also very important and he has stated before that he wants to go where he has the best situation for all of his future endeavors. He wants the " total lifestyle" for his wrestling and the atmosphere has be to right... Iowa and TNT fit that bill and after listening to Bo speak I sort felt we have a decent chance to fit that description. Who ever knows with teenage kids????

If/when he verbals with fosu this board will go into a complete meltdown. Honestly as long as he doesn’t go to psu if he does not choose Iowa I would be happy. I am hoping that we win the bidding war since we lost out on Lockett.

this may be a different approach to looking at Bo's recruiting situation... He already has several NIL deals in place so he may not be just shopping for a huge NIL deal to sway his decision . I am sure the NIL $$$ will be there no matter where he goes I just think we really need Spencer and Terry to seal this deal and Tom and M* to close it.

If/when he verbals with fosu this board will go into a complete meltdown. Honestly as long as he doesn’t go to psu if he does not choose Iowa I would be happy. I am hoping that we win the bidding war since we lost out on Lockett.
I think that in this case winning a "bidding war" won't be the primary reason(s) he goes to one school versus another. It really seems to be more about the personal fit and what is best for his wrestling future. My stab at the top 5 and in no particular order. Shockers I know.
Iowa
Ohio State
Cornell
Penn State
Michigan

Reactions: west2east
Spencer said " Going to Iowa wasn't the EASIEST decision ....but it was the BEST decision for me " and with Bo seeking out mat sessions with Spencer and with Jody Stritmatter as his YG club coach I think we still have a strong inside push. Bo is a different personality than most kids and he is calm and mature beyond his years. I think his faith is also very important and he has stated before that he wants to go where he has the best situation for all of his future endeavors. He wants the " total lifestyle" for his wrestling and the atmosphere has be to right... Iowa and TNT fit that bill and after listening to Bo speak I sort felt we have a decent chance to fit that description. Who ever knows with teenage kids????
Since that initial haul of Spencer, Kem and Murin, what YG kids have Iowa gotten? Also, since Spencer has been at Iowa and kept that PA pipeline flowing, what PA kids have we gotten these past 4 or 5 years? Also, with Spencer here, how much do you think he has helped us beat PSU, Ohio State, Cornell or even Michigan in the recruiting wars?

Thank you in advance.

Since that initial haul of Spencer, Kem and Murin, what YG kids have Iowa gotten? Also, since Spencer has been at Iowa and kept that PA pipeline flowing, what PA kids have we gotten these past 4 or 5 years? Also, with Spencer here, how much do you think he has helped us beat PSU, Ohio State, Cornell or even Michigan in the recruiting wars?

Thank you in advance.
Hard to have a pipeline connection when regulations known as Penn State and now Cornell block most of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT