ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett Announcement

Can you change your name to bitchfan? You're such a whiny bitch. From my couch recruiting has improved. Keuter, Arnold, Ferrari, Ferrari, and Deloca are all elite recruits but you can't let the ink dry long enough before starting to bitch again. At least wait a few weeks ok bitch?

I call dibs on Bitchy McBitchface!

To me its bigger than Bo. I'd just like to get to where losing out on a recruit like him is no big deal like it is for PSU. Years ago people were saying that recruits were onto Cael and he would no longer be bringing in so many top recruits. Then we were told Mr. Lee and his 2 inch binder gave Brands a wealth of knowledge when it comes to recruiting. Then we had rich guys for a couple of years telling us the playing field has been leveled financially. Now I guess its the new facility and the belief that Spencer is so beloved that we will be able to compete in the recruiting wars.

I'm 83% sure it was a three inch binder.

People keep talking about this a lot, but I have never heard a recruit say, "I'm going to XYZ school because they have new wrestling mats and a dedicated room where I can watch film." It's a non-factor.
I don't know that having a state of the art facilities is the top factor but it for sure is table stakes as far as getting blue chips. I do think it was noted in the random block post on Leo's announcement that the commitment to facilities was a factor.

Eh. I wouldn’t go that far - see Kem and eierman. Tom and Terry respect skill sets, it’s just that they’re enamored with a certain style and didn’t prioritize athleticism.

If Tom continues to develop on the training hours/intensity side - you could see things like a cejudo. Iowa pace and toughness with high level athleticism.
TnT have always been great at recognizing and coaching to a guys strengths.. ADS, DSJ, Lugo, Kem, Clark, Marion, and a slew of other examples. Kids are coming in with more and more dyanamic skill sets every year. See Gabe Arnold as a current great example. We just need to get the horses in the barn and that’s being worked on harder than ever.

it sounds like there are changes being made to the recruiting and training.. Has this been brought on by Tom or is there outside influences??

Totally understand if no one knows this answer.. weird question.
Any changes in the program are brought on by Tom. It’s HIS program and he doesn’t do “outside influences.”

Any changes in the program are brought on by Tom. It’s HIS program and he doesn’t do “outside influences.”
That’s what I figured.. I would say that pretty good news that he is willing to change… other coaches at Iowa with way less success won’t change..

Reactions: vhsalum
I don't know that having a state of the art facilities is the top factor but it for sure is table stakes as far as getting blue chips. I do think it was noted in the random block post on Leo's announcement that the commitment to facilities was a factor.
Certainly is a factor and has been for many years especially when you look at football for example(for comparison). I remember reading about Alabama's new football facilities back when. They talked about a "shelve' where players put their shoulder pads to dry!!! Had built in air vents to circulated air. They also had a card for each player that they used to get a protein type shake from the juice bar in the facility!

I could see how a HS kid walking into some of these places could just be blown away! As pointed out, our last BIG recruit talked about the commitment to training/rehab as part of his reasoning to select IOWA! This seemed to be a direct "shout out" to the new build!

I believe once it is added to the overall package, it will become a very helpful part in bringing in TOP guys. A kid coming in for a visit for example. Takes a tour, sees state of the art practice room, weight room, rehab/pre-hab and then you finish it off with a match at Carver and any kid has to be impressed!

Last edited:
I'd say it matters, but it's probably more of a given that these programs will have great facilities. I mean the big dogs will be fairly close so I'll guess it's a wash.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
I'd say it matters, but it's probably more of a given that these programs will have great facilities. I mean the big dogs will be fairly close so I'll guess it's a wash.
Well ever high end program is going to have real nice facilities. I for one, without actually being in it, thought IOWA had one of the best I have seen? Place looked HUGE, had a weight room right off the mats. Plenty of bikes and cardio gear etc....

Never saw any pics showing Pre-hab, rehab stuff and I am hoping the new facility will be CUTTING EDGE when it comes to these things!!!! Whirl pools, saunas, ice tubs, steam rooms, should ALL be included!!!

From the images and what Brands has said, the new place will be WORLD CLASS!!! I am not sure any other team will be able to match it for some time!!! If anyone has any updates, please post! TY

You do it to keep up and even surpass the other big dogs. It’s not going to be the only reason a kid comes, but it could tip a close decision for them, and shows how dedicated the university is to their sport. Not sure how old PSU wrestling facility is, but wasn’t much when Cael came. Ohio state had crap facilities for wrestling when Ryan came, but built a nice new facility a few years back and their recruiting has really picked up since then. Even Illinois is building a new wrestling facility soon to replace their crappy one they have now. They are spending the money to improve recruiting as much as anything.

Well ever high end program is going to have real nice facilities. I for one, without actually being in it, thought IOWA had one of the best I have seen? Place looked HUGE, had a weight room right off the mats. Plenty of bikes and cardio gear etc....

Never saw any pics showing Pre-hab, rehab stuff and I am hoping the new facility will be CUTTING EDGE when it comes to these things!!!! Whirl pools, saunas, ice tubs, steam rooms, should ALL be included!!!

From the images and what Brands has said, the new place will be WORLD CLASS!!! I am not sure any other team will be able to match it for some time!!! If anyone has any updates, please post! TY
I've gone to a few open practices so not exactly a full tour but at least a peak. I agree what is there now is nice however I can see why they want to improve it.
1. Size, the current facility is not small by any means but you have to understand how many guys are training on a regular basis in the room. The roster is 40 guys plus at least for open practices you have another 5-10 graduates and or HWC club guys in the room plus 5 coaches, plus training staff. It gets pretty full.
2. The weight room is nice but again kind of small again functional but I'm sure the full team can't use it all at once probably 10 guys or so at a time.
3. The whole facility has pillars everywhere, which make visibility not great and limit the effectiveness of certain areas for live wrestling.
4. The ceilings are a little low again functional but does make the place feel smaller and look less impressive.
5. Two programs are now fighting for the same space which I'm sure makes it feel even smaller.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
heck yes, let football recruit one for you and then get a family discount when other schools have backed off. good to know you have no interest in competing with the best. just so we finish in the top 4 or 5 then.
What are you even talking about you senile shit bag. Show me one post where anyone is happy to finish in the top 4 or whatever random number you came up with or stfu.
like many you act like you know everything when actually you are a fool and know nothing!
You calling someone else a fool made me chuckle. Idiot.

I've gone to a few open practices so not exactly a full tour but at least a peak. I agree what is there now is nice however I can see why they want to improve it.
1. Size, the current facility is not small by any means but you have to understand how many guys are training on a regular basis in the room. The roster is 40 guys plus at least for open practices you have another 5-10 graduates and or HWC club guys in the room plus 5 coaches, plus training staff. It gets pretty full.
2. The weight room is nice but again kind of small again functional but I'm sure the full team can't use it all at once probably 10 guys or so at a time.
3. The whole facility has pillars everywhere, which make visibility not great and limit the effectiveness of certain areas for live wrestling.
4. The ceilings are a little low again functional but does make the place feel smaller and look less impressive.
5. Two programs are now fighting for the same space which I'm sure makes it feel even smaller.
The pillars are enough to make a change necessary, imo. The low ceilings don’t help, either.

What are you even talking about you senile shit bag. Show me one post where anyone is happy to finish in the top 4 or whatever random number you came up with or stfu.

You calling someone else a fool made me chuckle. Idiot.
when you can’t refute facts and have none of your own what people like you do is revert to name calling and foul language. LOL

Reactions: Lambertt and el dub
This tells me you have a personal beef with Tom, or you're a bigger moran than I thought. Are you miserable because the country store ran out of Werther's originals?
Tells me you have no idea the difference in the Gable and Tom style. But then I will give you a break since your only comeback is to attempt to degrade others. I suppose it would be too much to expect facts though. LOL

heck yes, let football recruit one for you and then get a family discount when other schools have backed off. good to know you have no interest in competing with the best. just so we finish in the top 4 or 5 then.
Do you even realize how stupid of statement this was?
when you can’t refute facts and have none of your own what people like you do is revert to name calling and foul language. LOL
Oh we can discuss facts but it's not going to turn out like you think.
Fact 1. Don't cry about name calling when you called a guy a fool earlier in this thread. He didn't attack you, but you can't help yourself since you're miserable.
Fact 2 Recruiting has improved much to your chagrin.
Fact 3 You have posted nothing but bullshit multiple times in this thread alone. vhs alum and Gobblin both refuted your repetitive wrong posts. 20,000 other fans could've refuted those stupid statements. The common theme is you're full of shit. Perhaps you should increase your metamucil intake.
Fact 4 Whining fans like you and bitchfan have cost fans like me the chance to read more from those with connections to the program. It would be nice if posters like Papa Arnold and others with connections could actually post more often, but they keep their distance due to people like you. Many have quit posting here altogether.

You have yet to post a single fact. I let you off the hook with all of your other dumb statements. You can try to refute this but it won't turn out well for you.

Last edited:
Do you even realize how stupid of statement this was?

Oh we can discuss facts but it's not going to turn out like you think.
Fact 1. Don't cry about name calling when you called a guy a fool earlier in this thread. He didn't attack you, but you can't help yourself since you're miserable.
Fact 2 Recruiting has improved much to your chagrin.
Fact 3 You have posted nothing but bullshit multiple times in this thread alone. vhs alum and Gobblin both refuted your repetitive wrong posts. 20,000 other fans could've refuted those stupid statements. The common theme is you're full of shit. Perhaps you should increase your metamucil intake.
Fact 4 Whining fans like you and bitchfan have cost fans like me the chance to read more from those with connections to the program. It would be nice if posters like Papa Arnold and others with connections could actually post more often, but they keep their distance due to people like you. Many have quit posting here altogether.

You have yet to post a single fact. I let you off the hook with all of your other dumb statements. You can try to refute this but it won't turn out well for you.
You do make me laugh I will give you that.

You do make me laugh I will give you that.
Dumb And Dumber Kool GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
TnT have always been great at recognizing and coaching to a guys strengths.. ADS, DSJ, Lugo, Kem, Clark, Marion, and a slew of other examples.
Ok, but how many champions on that list?
They may “recognize” and “coach to” strengths — if what you say is true — but they aren’t getting guys to the top of the podium like they need to.

And Clark doing it was ALL Clark and his massive balls, not TnT recognizing and coaching to his strengths.

The framing/drywall company I use to work for is the one doing the interior system so about a month ago I got ahold of the guy running the job for them to get the tour. There was plenty enough done to get the jist of how it will look even though there’s a lot of finish work to be done. This was a quick 20 minute tour and 1/2 that time was spent catching up but I’ll give the best run down I can of what I noticed.

1. The wrestling area itself looked HUGE! No low ceilings so plenty of space for dodgeball. Had to walk down stairs to get to the mat area. The main floor had a hallway of offices that will be the coaches offices that overlook the mats. Not sure if any of the rooms overlooking the mats are anything besides coaches offices.

2. Two very nice size locker rooms. That mirror one another. Men’s and woman’s obviously. The foreman believed that when the initial plan was drawn it was all going to be one large one but after we added the woman’s team they turned it into two but he said he wasn’t 100% sure on that. It would’ve been a massive locker room if it would’ve been just one. I believe each locker room had steam showers, cold tub, etc.

3. There’s at least two saunas in the building. Didn’t look at them real close but looked to be good size.

4. I saw a little area off the edge of the mat that kind of tucked back that I believe will be where the bikes and stuff go.

While walking around I asked if there was a sort of lounge area for wrestlers to hang out; ya see those nice facilities with nice comfy chairs, tv’s, all that stuff kids nowadays like to seem to have. He didn’t think there was an area like that but said he could be wrong. I think they’re missing out if this isn’t included cause kids nowadays seem to like that stuff.
Regardless this will be a badass facility when done! I’ll try to snag another tour real soon and get a better update.

The framing/drywall company I use to work for is the one doing the interior system so about a month ago I got ahold of the guy running the job for them to get the tour. There was plenty enough done to get the jist of how it will look even though there’s a lot of finish work to be done. This was a quick 20 minute tour and 1/2 that time was spent catching up but I’ll give the best run down I can of what I noticed.

1. The wrestling area itself looked HUGE! No low ceilings so plenty of space for dodgeball. Had to walk down stairs to get to the mat area. The main floor had a hallway of offices that will be the coaches offices that overlook the mats. Not sure if any of the rooms overlooking the mats are anything besides coaches offices.

2. Two very nice size locker rooms. That mirror one another. Men’s and woman’s obviously. The foreman believed that when the initial plan was drawn it was all going to be one large one but after we added the woman’s team they turned it into two but he said he wasn’t 100% sure on that. It would’ve been a massive locker room if it would’ve been just one. I believe each locker room had steam showers, cold tub, etc.

3. There’s at least two saunas in the building. Didn’t look at them real close but looked to be good size.

4. I saw a little area off the edge of the mat that kind of tucked back that I believe will be where the bikes and stuff go.

While walking around I asked if there was a sort of lounge area for wrestlers to hang out; ya see those nice facilities with nice comfy chairs, tv’s, all that stuff kids nowadays like to seem to have. He didn’t think there was an area like that but said he could be wrong. I think they’re missing out if this isn’t included cause kids nowadays seem to like that stuff.
Regardless this will be a badass facility when done! I’ll try to snag another tour real soon and get a better update.
What, no dodgeball court and ping pong table? FUN haters!

Reactions: tiltman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT