ADVERTISEMENT

Cade McNamara News & Updates.

Best he's felt in a month? That's excellent news! I demand a full scale blowout this weekend, similar to Martin Manley's 2 punt returns for TD and didn't Lowery have two pick 6's in that game too? Wow!

Reactions: Franisdaman
In the Clown U game:

* at lease 2 blatantly missed PI calls

* Cades' timing was off in what would have been a 91 yd TD pass

I agree with the players when they say the offense is close.

And why does the offense look a bit rusty now? Well, I guess we have to state the obvious: Cade missed a couple weeks of fall camp because of his injury.
And they were Big Ten refs lol. I think they want to get Brian fired.

In the Clown U game:

* at lease 2 blatantly missed PI calls

* Cades' timing was off in what would have been a 91 yd TD pass

I agree with the players when they say the offense is close.

And why does the offense look a bit rusty now? Well, I guess we have to state the obvious: Cade missed a couple weeks of fall camp because of his injury.
McNutt said same thing post game show. He could see the offense was very close to hitting on bigger things. Selfishly I wished we would have gone up like 24 to 3 in the 3rd as the stands would have emptied big time and we could have moved to the 50.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Nice story on Cade McNamara. Some fun tidbits:

He expects to be 100% by the end of spring practice in late April.

He has two years of eligibility and is non-committal about whether he would use both.

He expects to win a B1G Championship. It's not just a goal; it's an expectation.

He’s already in Phil Parker’s ear about letting Cooper DeJean dabble on offense. “An absolute freak of nature. Our first week, we all went and shot some hoops. This dude is throwing down (dunks) lightly. His head’s above the rim and I’m just like, ‘What the heck is going on?’”

He attended the men's game vs MSU and the women's game vs IU. “I was there when Caitlin hit that shot. That was one of the coolest experiences I’ve ever been in in terms of a college event. She’s an absolute beast.”

The Full Story:

@Kinnick.At.Night , when Cade arrived in Iowa City he had two years of eligibility remaining; he was non-committal in this March interview about whether he would use both.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
Western Michigan’s defense is ranked 96th in total defense and 110th in scoring defense. The Broncos are surrendering 286.5 passing yards per game, which ranks 112th nationally.

The story from USA Today:

Cade McNamara 'feeling really good,' 'most healthy' he's been in a month

Josh Helmer
September 12, 2023 2:55 pm CT

Though he’s been listed as questionable on each of the season’s first two weekly availability reports, Iowa quarterback Cade McNamara has started and played versus Utah State and Iowa State for the Hawkeyes. The Reno, Nev., native has been nursing back to health a quad injury he sustained during Kids’ Day at Kinnick back in early August.

McNamara has performed well, too. Against Utah State, he threw a pair of touchdown passes on each of the season’s first two drives. Then, against Iowa State, he and wide receiver Seth Anderson just missed on another deep shot that would have been a 91-yard touchdown connection.

Over the course of the first two games, the Michigan transfer has completed 29-of-52 passes for 314 yards. But, the lingering question was just how healthy is or was he?

Listening to him ahead of this week’s final nonconference showdown against Western Michigan, McNamara is definitively on the mend.

“It’s feeling really good. I mean, this is the most healthy I’ve felt in a month, so this will be my first full practice, first full week of practice of not missing anything and participating in everything. I’m excited to just be fully back in and it’s a relief,” McNamara told reporters.

As illustrated by his near-miss with Anderson versus the Cyclones, the 6-foot-1, 205 pound quarterback believes Iowa’s offense isn’t far away from delivering more of those big plays either.

“Yeah, I mean, there are multiple times that we’re like a foot away from having a big play, and I think some of that stuff is just like, you know, I just think we’re that close. Whether it was the first game or last game, we’re really close to the score being a lot different than what it is and I think the guys are recognizing that, we’re seeing that and I think it’s just going to come down to us closing that gap. I think we’re all aware that we’re very close and that we’re gaining strides, but, of course, again, it’s just really coming down to the execution part,” McNamara said.

McNamara and the offense should have a great opportunity to impress in its final home nonconference date versus Western Michigan for its Gold Out Game at 2:30 p.m. on the Big Ten Network.

Western Michigan’s defense is ranked 96th in total defense and 110th in scoring defense. The Broncos are surrendering 286.5 passing yards per game, which ranks 112th nationally.

Lest we forget he had a very nasty injury last year compounded with a previous injury and didn't play in a game for nearly a year. New team, coaching staff, etc, etc and we are expecting the world from him. Stay patient, grasshopper, I like where this is going. Give him time to get there both physically and mentally, he loves this place.

I could really care less about the hand wringing over the Drive to 325, as it's not a fireable metric, if we win the Big 10 West all will take care of itself. Yes, that was dumb to air that publicly however it is what it is and given the pieces Brian has now and the gap of a 'good' offense to current state vs. last year is not even comparable IMO. This is a get well game on so many fronts, I see a 35-7 game, Cade plays two quarters, we get the running game and WR game going and then we load up and take our best shot at PSU.

Lest we forget he had a very nasty injury last year compounded with a previous injury and didn't play in a game for nearly a year. New team, coaching staff, etc, etc and we are expecting the world from him. Stay patient, grasshopper, I like where this is going. Give him time to get there both physically and mentally, he loves this place.

I could really care less about the hand wringing over the Drive to 325, as it's not a fireable metric, if we win the Big 10 West all will take care of itself. Yes, that was dumb to air that publicly however it is what it is and given the pieces Brian has now and the gap of a 'good' offense to current state vs. last year is not even comparable IMO. This is a get well game on so many fronts, I see a 35-7 game, Cade plays two quarters, we get the running game and WR game going and then we load up and take our best shot at PSU.

do you think he'll be back next year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT