ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone explain...

Kurt Warner

HR Heisman
Jan 12, 2010
Iowa
The dramatic turn around in Whites outside shooting towards the end of the season? Just think what the guy would accomplished if he would have had that weapon throughout his career, maybe first team all American? He started hitting threes and mid range jumpers like nobody's business. Was it confidence? Kinda hard to explain but we're really gonna miss the guy, he was one of the best finishers and quickest to the rim for a dunk that we'll ever have and at the end was knocking down the jumper to boot.

Whatever Fran inspires in his outgoing senior(s) every year. Gatens, May, Marble, and White all played outta their minds in the last month of their careers.

That's about all I can chalk it up to.

Don't mean to be THAT guy, but will disagree on the Marble statement. If he would have played THAT great we wouldn't have had the epic collapse last season.

I know, I know, one man can only do so much....

The dramatic turn around in Whites outside shooting towards the end of the season? Just think what the guy would accomplished if he would have had that weapon throughout his career, maybe first team all American? He started hitting threes and mid range jumpers like nobody's business. Was it confidence? Kinda hard to explain but we're really gonna miss the guy, he was one of the best finishers and quickest to the rim for a dunk that we'll ever have and at the end was knocking down the jumper to boot.
I attribute White's success shooting the 3 to his hard work and desire to play in the NBA.

I believe he learned finally to be ready to shoot the 3 before the ball even got to him out there.

This is what happens when you knock up your girlfriend and realize you have to grow up and pay bills for the rest of your life. Your intensity ratchets up and you focus.

Reactions: Terry Hoitz
White's hot streak was only over 20 shots (12-20). Marble took 20 3s in a three game period his senior year. Gatens took that many in back to back games his senior year (making 14 of them).

White's hot streak was only over 20 shots (12-20). Marble took 20 3s in a three game period his senior year. Gatens took that many in back to back games his senior year (making 14 of them).

He finished the last 8 games 12-23 from three. An excellent run by any measure.

He did indeed become a different player. Maybe if he just would have shot more from the outside to begin with he would have got it goin and would have be a nice outside threat his whole career.

This is what happens when you knock up your girlfriend and realize you have to grow up and pay bills for the rest of your life. Your intensity ratchets up and you focus.

Are you really that stupid? Think before you hit that "send" button next time.

You obviously don't know White to make this comment. And you don't know his story. Shame on you for characterizing things this way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT