ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Tadjo: “I model my game after Bam Adebayo.”

I’m guessing like seven people on this board know anything about Adebayo’s game so I look forward to some unintentionally funny replies.
MIami Heat have been in the playoffs and I've seen a lot of Bam's game. I'll take Uber athletic, great rebounder, nice short offensive game around the basket. What I don't understand is how Fran was able to sign Tadjo as I would expect fierce recruiting competition......exactly the type of player Fran doesn't usally sign.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
If we had a senior level Gabe Olaseni type player I will take that all day long. A player currently in the tournament that I think would be a great comparison would be Mohamed Diarra from NC State. I have just watched them quite a bit so that is where my comparison comes from. DJ Burns may be NC State's best player, but Diarra may be their most important.

No, no, no, that's what people say about white guys.
I remember the first time I ever heard "glue guy" trotted out for a player. Craig Anderson of Madison, many moons ago. He was a Lute recruit but I think it was Raveling who slapped it on him.

Guess he became quite a high school coach. So maybe it was his sticky, gluey, gooey basketball smarts that he parlayed at that level ... ... nah! But kudos anyway to an ex Hawk.

This dude looks big 10 ready. Usually our freshman look like children. I'm excited to see this guy get to work.
Just freshman? Our whole team typically does. We have to have the least muscular/developed team in major college basketball. Watching the tournament just solidifies that. We are nowhere close to being able to match up physically with the teams in the Sweet 16.

If we had a senior level Gabe Olaseni type player I will take that all day long. A player currently in the tournament that I think would be a great comparison would be Mohamed Diarra from NC State. I have just watched them quite a bit so that is where my comparison comes from. DJ Burns may be NC State's best player, but Diarra may be their most important.
Cliff Omoruyi is in the portal.

Reactions: CaboKP
I remember the first time I ever heard "glue guy" trotted out for a player. Craig Anderson of Madison, many moons ago. He was a Lute recruit but I think it was Raveling who slapped it on him.

Guess he became quite a high school coach. So maybe it was his sticky, gluey, gooey basketball smarts that he parlayed at that level ... ... nah! But kudos anyway to an ex Hawk.
Thanks for the blast from the past.

Craig Anderson was a Glue guy in the sense he moved like his shoes were glued to the court. Lot of the fans that like Glue guys probably were former glue guys in their glory days in High School.

Craig Anderson, Johnny Fort, and some stiff fDave Schnedeker from out East were in Lute's last class or in his last couple classes. No wonder Lute left town. Looking back, Raveling did an Amazing job of recruiting and and restocking the talent and he was on cusp of reaping the reward and he left to move back to CA.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
I’m guessing like seven people on this board know anything about Adebayo’s game so I look forward to some unintentionally funny replies.
Count me as one those who have followed bam's's game since his Kentucky days.
The Heat were in the NBA Finals last year so you might be surprised a the number of Iowa NBA fans out here in the cornfields.

I like what I hear about Tadjo.
Be great if he could emulate bam.

Cliff Omoruyi is in the portal.
Perfect, get that guy! I know Fran thinks a lot of him because he has mentioned him before. Crazy, that guy seems like he has been in college forever. I don't think you can have too many guys like that and toughness and athleticism are definitely 2 things that could help Iowa.

If everyone else stays and Tony and PMac depart, with the talent coming in, the addition of Cliff and a real live "get-your-own-shot-quick-tough-defending" pg, this team could be pretty good.

Tadjo and Dembele could both be the type of player Fran has lacked, if they gain some confidence and are allowed to turn it loose on the court. I was disappointed how poorly Dembele played pick and roll, but he can rebound and defend around the basket. His outside shot also has good form if he is able to set his feet. Tadjo has more driving ability, and also could become a really good defender and rebounder.

If PMac and Tony are the end of portal losses, Iowa will be fine if they can add a quality combo or PG.

MIami Heat have been in the playoffs and I've seen a lot of Bam's game. I'll take Uber athletic, great rebounder, nice short offensive game around the basket. What I don't understand is how Fran was able to sign Tadjo as I would expect fierce recruiting competition......exactly the type of player Fran doesn't usally sign.
Future NIL

Yah I wish he was a Jamal Murray clone instead. We need a guard.
Modeling game and clone… too separate things lol. Simmer down, I think we can settle finding someone who models their game over Alex Caruso haha. But I agree, hopefully a guard can be found in the portal.

Beth needs to find some way to leak university money to our NIL in a clever way that likely other schools do get away with.

Reactions: WSC72 and HawkLogic
Modeling game and clone… too separate things lol. Simmer down, I think we can settle finding someone who models their game over Alex Caruso haha. But I agree, hopefully a guard can be found in the portal.

Beth needs to find some way to leak university money to our NIL in a clever way that likely other schools do get away with.

I read the I-club raises close to $17 million---Beth has to let the Iclub do its own collective or somehow get some of that money headed towards NIL. The figure I saw for B1G average school is around $9 million in NIL....Iowa is hopng to be at the $3 million level....$2 million to football, $1 million to basketbal. The Swarm beer is pretty good moneymaker---need some university support to drive up sales.

My concern with the Athletic Bureacracy is that they bring in about $151 million and only around $30 million is ticket receipts. Football attendance is big driver of money, but mens basketball is a lot less. Carver brings in maybe $5 million in sales this year...even if we had a really bad team, probably only drops to $2-3 million. There isn't a lot of incentive for AD to do things to try to boost mens basketball when she has so much automatic revenue coming in from B1G10 media rights, I club, Football----mens basketball not a huge priority.

Reactions: skydog0784
Dembele thought he was a shooting guard too much not sure if that is the Fran affect or not, Dembele needs to work on strong post moves

Reactions: NI hawk
the guy is built

GJ94OrwaMAAkRrt

Just freshman? Our whole team typically does. We have to have the least muscular/developed team in major college basketball. Watching the tournament just solidifies that. We are nowhere close to being able to match up physically with the teams in the Sweet 16.
OTOH: It's supposed to be a noncontact sport. It's basketball, not rugby, not football, not MMA. "Muscles" and basketball were never used in the same sentence for most of the sport's history. Forget the weight room. Learn to play the game the right way, the way it was intended.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT