ADVERTISEMENT

Clark should stay another year at Iowa.

You people are delusional.

She is not going to transform the wnba nor is she going to sell out every arena in the league in their middle of summer season.

Caitlin is amazing and I hope she stays but WTFU and realize the difference between college and pro sports.

And Lo Vee does have a store in Zionsville, or almost does, a F north suburb of Indy.

My feeling is that Caitlin will play for Iowa for as long as she has eligibility. She loves the U of Iowa, promoting women's college basketball, and serving as an example and mentor for young kids in sports. Sometimes it's not all about the money.

The WNBA will wait for her. They do not offer the same type of visibility and platform for her non-monetary goals.

Reactions: DewHawk
WNBA had its highest TV ratings and attendance in 20 years this season. The Caitlin Clark era is happening at a time when interest in women’s professional basketball has never been higher. It’s like when MJ entered the NBA right when the league was beginning to take off. The timing was absolutely perfect for a star like him to enter the league and the success of Magic’s Lakers and Bird’s Celtics meant MJ didn’t need to carry the league on his shoulders right away. The same will be true for Clark in the WNBA. Teaming up with Aaliyah Boston in Indy will almost certainly be too good for her to pass up. I don’t see money being the deciding factor for her as she’s incredibly bright and marketable. She’s going to be well off either way. It’s more the timing and situation she’d be going to. I’d be happily shocked if she somehow returned for a 5th year.

Why would she was to live in that sewer?
Season 2 Smh GIF by HBO

This article states that Clark will finish her coursework for her Business degree this fall. I assumed she did.

NCAA says, 6 hours/semester with benchmarks for total hours each year The B!G 10 says 12 hours per semester, but "Student-athletes may compete while enrolled less than full-time (i.e., less than 12 credit hours) if the student is in the final semester and enrolled in the coursework necessary to complete the degree requirements within a primary program of study.”

I assume that means Clark could enroll in as little as 6 hours (2-3 classes) to be eligible. She might even find a short class that starts after the NCAA tournament. Or she might be highly motivated and take more rigorous classes.

In the interview with Coach K on SeriousXM it was stated she had 11 hours to graduate this spring’s second semester.

In the interview with Coach K on SeriousXM it was stated she had 11 hours to graduate this spring’s second semester.
Aha! A clue! (Good find.) The article I cited above, said, “Clark will finish her coursework in the fall with Business Communication and Protocol (BCAP), a couple of marketing classes and some gen eds.”

So it doesn’t seem like she will be juggling tough courses along with tournament time.

You people are delusional.

She is not going to transform the wnba nor is she going to sell out every arena in the league in their middle of summer season.

Caitlin is amazing and I hope she stays but WTFU and realize the difference between college and pro sports.

And Lo Vee does have a store in Zionsville, or almost does, a F north suburb of Indy.
You people?

Also, CC really needs to chill out on complaining about every single whistle. It is getting old fast.

Reactions: texas twister
My feeling is that Caitlin will play for Iowa for as long as she has eligibility. She loves the U of Iowa, promoting women's college basketball, and serving as an example and mentor for young kids in sports. Sometimes it's not all about the money.

The WNBA will wait for her. They do not offer the same type of visibility and platform for her non-monetary goals.
Honestly, I think the cards we're dealt when Indiana won the lottery. But we'll see.....

Reactions: RIGHTWINGHAWK
Stay at Iowa next year then sign a lucrative contract in Europe.

Stay away from the politics, low attendance and general public indifference to the WNBA.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
WNBA had its highest TV ratings and attendance in 20 years this season. The Caitlin Clark era is happening at a time when interest in women’s professional basketball has never been higher. It’s like when MJ entered the NBA right when the league was beginning to take off. The timing was absolutely perfect for a star like him to enter the league and the success of Magic’s Lakers and Bird’s Celtics meant MJ didn’t need to carry the league on his shoulders right away. The same will be true for Clark in the WNBA. Teaming up with Aaliyah Boston in Indy will almost certainly be too good for her to pass up. I don’t see money being the deciding factor for her as she’s incredibly bright and marketable. She’s going to be well off either way. It’s more the timing and situation she’d be going to. I’d be happily shocked if she somehow returned for a 5th year.
Yes, you are right WNBA viewership is up. The championship games averaged about 750K viewers. A National Televised regular season game, WNBA averages about 500K viewers (up from 375K from 2022). But the Cornhole League on ESPN gets about 232K viewers. So WNBA have 267K more viewers than CORNHOLE matches. I love women's college basketball. I watch every Iowa WBB game.
But to even mention what Michael Jordan did for the NBA in comparison to what CC can do for WNBA???? Please WNBA has never turned a profit! NEVER! NBA's revenue $10 billion and WNBA's $200 million. Caitlin Clark will definitely help the WNBA but be real here!

I'm certain that she gets paid more playing for Iowa than any WNBA players do.
Her salary would be higher in the wnba than Iowa. The rumer is she declined the money from the swarm collective, so all of her NIL money could follow her to the wnba, so her pay would be mostly determined by her marketing and following in the wnba. I think she has demenstrated excellent marketing skill and actually might be a better dominating a small market (Indiana) Than a large market with a bunch of other big names (New York). So geing first to the Fever could actually be a versy smart move. I think HyVee probably sticks around, she probably retains iowa cubs as long as she is willing to do some apearances? She could pick up Jiffy Lube as they are already advertizing for her.

Her salary would be higher in the wnba than Iowa. The rumer is she declined the money from the swarm collective, so all of her NIL money could follow her to the wnba, so her pay would be mostly determined by her marketing and following in the wnba. I think she has demenstrated excellent marketing skill and actually might be a better dominating a small market (Indiana) Than a large market with a bunch of other big names (New York). So geing first to the Fever could actually be a versy smart move. I think HyVee probably sticks around, she probably retains iowa cubs as long as she is willing to do some apearances? She could pick up Jiffy Lube as they are already advertizing for her.
Her lover boy works for the Indiana Pacers. Coincidence?

I don't think cmac has the pull to rig the wnba lottery. But it is one more thing that makes her coming out more likely. I think thevonly way she would come back would be if she thinks iowa has a good chance to win a title... but I just don't see that as probable enough for her to stay.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Everyone thinks Caitlin Clark will change the WNBA. It is not just more interest in the sport. It is all about the money. How will the WNBA as a whole make more money. Bigger TV viewership helps so the TV people can charge more to advertise. But the advertisers have to see a return. More sales because they advertise with WNBA.
How many WNBA games will you attend to watch Caitlin Clark play? That means by buying tickets and spending money at the sports facility. Not just one game a year. How many additional season tickets will be sold?
How many people will buy a Caitlin Clark jersey? And continue to buy team swag every year? One and done does not move the needle for long.
How many WNBA games will you watch on TV? Not just games Caitlin is playing in.
Will you support the sponsors who bring you the games. If you don't support those sponsors there is no gain in revenue for them.
Pro sport is a completely different animal than college sports.

Everyone thinks Caitlin Clark will change the WNBA. It is not just more interest in the sport. It is all about the money. How will the WNBA as a whole make more money. Bigger TV viewership helps so the TV people can charge more to advertise. But the advertisers have to see a return. More sales because they advertise with WNBA.
How many WNBA games will you attend to watch Caitlin Clark play? That means by buying tickets and spending money at the sports facility. Not just one game a year. How many additional season tickets will be sold?
How many people will buy a Caitlin Clark jersey? And continue to buy team swag every year? One and done does not move the needle for long.
Will you support the sponsors who bring you the games. If you don't support those sponsors there is no gain in revenue for them.
Sadly, I agree with your analysis. I caught part of a couple of Gustafson and Garza games, which is a different deal because they weren’t starters/stars, but I didn’t like the product of the pro leagues. I will watch a couple of Clark’s games, but I won’t buy tix or swag.

Reactions: mpfeiler
What love to see her stay as I feel she is greatest Hawk of all time(men or women) but would be surprised if she did stay. Not many challenges left for her in the college game.

Without the actual information it's difficult to say, but it wouldn't be surprising if she could make as much in NIL stating at Iowa.

Go away you f’ing idiot. 🙄🙄🙄 You’re an idiot bc you don’t care to learn anything about basketball history. How long has the MNBA been in existence? How about the WNBA? How about the subsidies the MNBA received while coming up (and still does)? Raise your hand if you think the MNBA just happened on its own and didn’t receive any subsidies. I, for one, have supported the WNBA since the beginning, but even more so when Tangela Smith was drafted by the Sacramento Monarchs. I even bought a Monarchs t-shirt and went to every game I could whenever her team played the Washington Mystics. My point is, the W has a lot of fans and I would attend any and every game near my home location if CC was playing, and I would 100% buy her WNBA jersey. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Go away you f’ing idiot. 🙄🙄🙄 You’re an idiot bc you don’t care to learn anything about basketball history. How long has the MNBA been in existence? How about the WNBA? How about the subsidies the MNBA received while coming up (and still does)? Raise your hand if you think the MNBA just happened on its own and didn’t receive any subsidies. I, for one, have supported the WNBA since the beginning, but even more so when Tangela Smith was drafted by the Sacramento Monarchs. I even bought a Monarchs t-shirt and went to every game I could whenever her team played the Washington Mystics. My point is, the W has a lot of fans and I would attend any and every game near my home location if CC was playing, and I would 100% buy her WNBA jersey. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Most including me don't give a rats ass about the wnba 🤷‍♂️

Most including me don't give a rats ass about the wnba 🤷‍♂️
So what? Not sure why you guys get so crazy about the WNBA. It’s the best womens players in the world trying to make a living and keep competing. These ladies are phenomenal players. We all love CC and obviously she’s not going to play at Iowa 10 more years. Let’s hope she can elevate the league and the viewership. It’s just not that big of a deal. Watch it or don’t.

So what? Not sure why you guys get so crazy about the WNBA. It’s the best womens players in the world trying to make a living and keep competing. These ladies are phenomenal players. We all love CC and obviously she’s not going to play at Iowa 10 more years. Let’s hope she can elevate the league and the viewership. It’s just not that big of a deal. Watch it or don’t.
You seem to be the one making a big deal of it 🤔

• Love
Reactions: HIWILLE
Don't know what the WNBA pay scale is.
I'm sure it isn't near what it should be.
It seems quite possible that coming back to start an MBA, while raking in NIL $$$$, would be more profitable than the WNBA.
Maybe take a Covid year beyond that to complete an MBA and pile up more NBA cash.

Don't know what the WNBA pay scale is.
I'm sure it isn't near what it should be.
It seems quite possible that coming back to start an MBA, while raking in NIL $$$$, would be more profitable than the WNBA.
Maybe take a Covid year beyond that to complete an MBA and pile up more NBA cash.
Lol.. You do realize that Clark is a senior THIS year right? Next year would be her covid year should she decide to take it. Also Lol... for people thinking she would make less next year in the league. just pure stupidty. Clark is taking ZERO NIL $$. All of her income is from endorsement deals as major companies keep lining up to join her portfolio. She will NOT lose endorsements as a Pro. The major companies will stick with her, AND there will be more. THEN add her WNBA salary a few 100K or whatever, which she is not getting now. And yet people keep posting this insanity.

Reactions: littlez
Lol.. You do realize that Clark is a senior THIS year right? Next year would be her covid year should she decide to take it. Also Lol... for people thinking she would make less next year in the league. just pure stupidty. Clark is taking ZERO NIL $$. All of her income is from endorsement deals as major companies keep lining up to join her portfolio. She will NOT lose endorsements as a Pro. The major companies will stick with her, AND there will be more. THEN add her WNBA salary a few 100K or whatever, which she is not getting now. And yet people keep posting this insanity.
The NCAA is a much bigger stage than the WNBA. Money adjusts. She is currently raking millions at Iowa while the WNBA is an unknown. It isn't that she would make more money with the WNBA and the WNBA will still be there a year later.

The WNBA season schedule sucks. Late Spring through early Fall. Not many people watching/going to games in the summer, and they finish just as college football is getting started. She would definitely give the league a boost, but there would still be more people watching the college game - if nothing else (but there's more) because of when the games are played.

For Caitlin, I think it's more a function of whether she just wants to move on. As far as the outside noise, people like to turn on successful people. They find reasons to pick away at someone's success. I can see it happening to her - she's selfish, her records are embellished because she played an extra year, she's afraid to play against better competition - nasty stuff. I wish it wasn't so, but there are too many times it becomes true. If she stays, based on everything I've seen and heard from / about her, she'd rise above it. Maybe she'd be a good antidote for all that bullshit.

You seem to be the one making a big deal of it 🤔
You’ve been on here shitting on it the whole time. You don’t like it. That’s cool. I look forward to watching her play at the next level. Probably won’t watch every game but if I’m around and she’s playing I’ll watch.

You’ve been on here shitting on it the whole time. You don’t like it. That’s cool. I look forward to watching her play at the next level. Probably won’t watch every game but if I’m around and she’s playing I’ll watch.
And you are still making a big deal of it😳

The NCAA is a much bigger stage than the WNBA. Money adjusts. She is currently raking millions at Iowa while the WNBA is an unknown. It isn't that she would make more money with the WNBA and the WNBA will still be there a year later.
Again thats total BS. ALL her major endorsements will stay with her. It has nothing to do with which league she's in. Are you really suggesting that when she goes pro that gatorade, OR Nike, OR State Farm, or Buick, or H&R Block are going to drop her. Please, I don't think so. Hell even Hyvee. Clark has a national presence. Do you know that every Hyvee in KC , (all 23 stores) on the Missouri and Kansas side have life size cutouts of #22 at their Chinese take out area, (the thing she endorses), Hychee or whatever it is. Her scope has very little to do with Iowa at this point. She will keep her major endorsements and add more, and she'll have her WNBA salary which she does not have now.

Where ever the Iowa women play, it is a packed house. The WNBA games look to average about 7,000. Sure she will draw some additional fans; but, not likely a massive increase. Kansas, Missouri, and whoever else you mentioned are not in Indiana. I don't expect her appeal will be as great on the WNBA level as at Iowa. With that, endorsement money will decline. My opinion verses your opinion and that is all that we have.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT