ADVERTISEMENT

Clown U is Embarrassed Yet Again

Can you imagine what boosters and alumni of upper tier programs with coaching openings would say to a search committee mentioning Campball's name after he finished 7-5/6-6 in the Big 12?

The boosters would fire that search firm on the spot. No one wants him now.
And he did it in the weak Big 12 conference with 3 preseason 1st team all Americans along with a team full of senior starters and a 4 year starter at QB!

"Not so fast my friend"........unless the college name is Auburn and you hire a 3 win/9 loss HC Gene Chizik, who also was coaching at Clown U at the time he was hired away.
The big difference in your comparison was Auburn knew Chizek had garbage players at ISU.

Campball took a highly touted group of upperclassmen and made them a middle of the pack group. Greatest team in ISU history according to some.

5* culture, my ass. It's still the same underachieving bunch we've always known.

But TOGETHER!

Last edited:
It is always interesting what happens when a coach has break through success but then the key players who achieved the success move on. We will see what kind of staying power Campbell’s success is in the next 2-3 years. Will they be able to win 8+ games or will they fall back to under 6?

History shows it is a lot harder to remain a consistent winner than it is to have a few break out years and then fall back.
Yeah, not to mention the rumors about a divided locker room seems to make more and more sense.

Watching Matty's pressers is weird.

Campball seems like an odd guy. His players might buy his schtick, but the on field results are less than impressive.

For Iowa's sake, I hope he stays.
Me too...just something about listening to Campbell speak strikes me as odd...I guess it’s his defensiveness to questions. He’s kind of got that PJ Fleck “rah rah” attitude to him and a punchable face. Not sure he is even motivated enough to want to move to a big time program, with all the added pressures, etc.

Reactions: Franisdaman
The big difference in your comparison was Auburn new Chizek had garbage players at ISU.

Campball took a highly touted group of upperclassmen and made them a middle of the pack group. Greatest team in ISU history according to some.

5* culture, my ass. It's still the same underachieving bunch we've always known.

But TOGETHER!

Do 5* cultures not have goals to win conference championships? ;)

MC seems to be all talk with little to show for it

They're in deep trouble.

when does the Big 12 go to 14 teams?

will there be two, 7 team divisions?

when will OU & Texas actually leave? Maybe they are having second thoughts.....LOL

so much is up in the air when it comes to the Big 12, but that has been the case for over 10 years now

when will OU & Texas actually leave? Maybe they are having second thoughts.....LOL

so much is up in the air when it comes to the Big 12, but that has been the case for over 10 years now
I think this will be the last season for OU and UT in the Big 12. They'll be able to cover the GoR penalty and the SEC isn't going to want to wait. Just my opinion.

The only thing going to 14 teams will do for the Big 12 is force schools to take an even tinier sliver of an already tiny pie. The four new schools and any others they add just aren't going to move the dial. When it's time to re-up their media deal it's going to be fugly.

Reactions: rchawk
I think he and Melania Trump ought to take a "Best Best" Tour around the central part of the state. Would be a big hit with the rubes.

Reactions: HerkyFan

The last I heard, OU and UT are still saying they aren't leaving early. Pollard said nobody knows what's going to happen but he wouldn't be surprised to see a 14 team league for a year or two.

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
The last I heard, OU and UT are still saying they aren't leaving early. Pollard said nobody knows what's going to happen but he wouldn't be surprised to see a 14 team league for a year or two.
Boy, that should be a lot of “fun” for the rest of the conference playing in Austin & Norman. What a shit-show that conference is.

Reactions: MitchLL
CyTwit and his brother Brandon are now saying Bruce isn’t happy and is going to leave Iowa.

What's their reasoning? I'm sure it's as credible as all their other "inside" information!
They don’t have any it is “because they say so” and some super secret source that has all-access to Iowa football.

They are also touting that Bruce really wanted to go to isu but isu said no. I sure hope isu keeps saying they don’t want talented players that are better than what they already have.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkIDrummer
"Not so fast my friend"........unless the college name is Auburn and you hire a 3 win/9 loss HC Gene Chizik, who also was coaching at Clown U at the time he was hired away.
Still don't know the story on this one...eh?

Chizek was on his way to Auburn before he took the ISU job. He was told he needed HC on his resume by the Auburn boosters before they could hire him. He went to ISU to check off that box...the record is irrelevant. He was going to Auburn the whole time...the clones were played.

I think it is unlikely Campbell gets offered the Washington job unless a few turn it down ahead of him. But he would be at the premier football school in the state, unlike his current situation. I could see him having success in Seattle.

Had the radio in the car on 1460 tonight and I caught a little of HCMC show. He is such a douche referring the football team to noted alum George Washington Carver and being your best and dealing with adversity along the way. Dude is wacked.

I like how he cut off the reporter short so he could get in his stupid take.

Why would Bruce leave Iowa? The kid is getting more and more PT, making plays, and you can see he's going have a bright future here. That entire idea that he is leaving is whacked.

ISU better hope for great weather this weekend. With the way the season has gone, there may be lots of empty seats after such a dreadful performance from the coaches and team this year.

Free tickets from Pollard wouldn't surprise me.

How many ISU conference games were only shown online this year? I know at least one wasn't on tv. Wait until Texas and Oklahoma are gone. It will all be downhill from there.

Actually a Build Back Better with Brandon tour would be perfect. Shitting their pants and clueless.
Ronman said:
I think he and Melania Trump ought to take a "Best Best" Tour around the central part of the state. Would be a big hit with the rubes.

How bout both of you give the politics a rest...this is the football board.

Reactions: DougFHawkeye
Had the radio in the car on 1460 tonight and I caught a little of HCMC show. He is such a douche referring the football team to noted alum George Washington Carver and being your best and dealing with adversity along the way. Dude is wacked.
However, isn’t George Washington Carver a Simpson College alum? If so, I agree that Moo U is similar to Simpson College:)

ISU better hope for great weather this weekend. With the way the season has gone, there may be lots of empty seats after such a dreadful performance from the coaches and team this year.

Free tickets from Pollard wouldn't surprise me.
Lucky for them they sold lots of tix before the start of the season but butts in seats will definitely differ from tix sold Friday. Sure there will be plenty of open seats. But look for that to be the clone fan narrative this off season about how great their attendance was this year and actually sold out games besides uni and Iowa. Sure we will see a nice little decline for 22’ with no Iowa and potentially no OU.

Also little side note. For a season that was suppose to be best in school history for the clones this Iowa team has already tied most wins ever In school history by an ISU team (9 in 2000) and one more would make them more successful than any isu team ever in terms of total wins.

Reactions: MitchLL
Lucky for them they sold lots of tix before the start of the season but butts in seats will definitely differ from tix sold Friday. Sure there will be plenty of open seats. But look for that to be the clone fan narrative this off season about how great their attendance was this year and actually sold out games besides uni and Iowa. Sure we will see a nice little decline for 22’ with no Iowa and potentially no OU.

Also little side note. For a season that was suppose to be best in school history for the clones this Iowa team has already tied most wins ever In school history by an ISU team (9 in 2000) and one more would make them more successful than any isu team ever in terms of total wins.
Yep but the isu team that got to 9 wins needed a bowl win to get there. This Iowa team while not the greatest has still exceeded anything in isu history.

As CyTwit says YIKES.

Still don't know the story on this one...eh?

Chizek was on his way to Auburn before he took the ISU job. He was told he needed HC on his resume by the Auburn boosters before they could hire him. He went to ISU to check off that box...the record is irrelevant. He was going to Auburn the whole time...the clones were played.
This implies a different scenario on his decision and impact of record:
"The Auburn job wasn’t something for which Chizik even planned to interview.

The job came open after longtime coach Tommy Tuberville resigned following a 5-7 season in 2008. Chizik, who worked as a defensive coordinator/defensive backs coach for the Tigers from 2002-04, was one of the early names floated around. But he was 5-19 in two seasons at Iowa State.

It seemed like a longshot at first.

On top of that, before the job opened up, Chizik adamantly shot down rumors he was looking to leave. He told reporters in November 2008 that he and his family were “firmly entrenched here in Ames.” He also held a team meeting over Thanksgiving break to assure players he was not leaving.

When the Auburn job opened up and the school first contacted Chizik, he wasn’t going to interview for it. But as crazy as it sounds, Pollard helped talk him into it.

“I felt like he should do that,” Pollard said. “If he was going to be successful at Iowa State, I didn’t want him to be here thinking that 'I should have gone and done that.'”

Please read the whole article LINK: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-gene-chizik-auburn-jamie-pollard/2052829002/

It is also spelled out in one of Chizik's authored books.

The way the ISU OLine has played in the last half of the season and all their problems... imagine how bad the reserves must be?

The journey back to the bottom will be a lot quicker than their minimal rise to the top half of the Big12.

The way the ISU OLine has played in the last half of the season and all their problems... imagine how bad the reserves must be?

The journey back to the bottom will be a lot quicker than their minimal rise to the top half of the Big12.
and Matty Campbell said this was going to be the best OL he has ever seen.

Big ole CyTwit YIKES on that.

and Matty Campbell said this was going to be the best OL he has ever seen.

Big ole CyTwit YIKES on that.
You have to take "best OLine he has ever seen" in context. Use the phrase "tallest midget" as a comparison.

Like saying PurdyBoy is the best QB in Clone history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT