ADVERTISEMENT

Clown U is Embarrassed Yet Again

This implies a different scenario on his decision and impact of record:
"The Auburn job wasn’t something for which Chizik even planned to interview.

The job came open after longtime coach Tommy Tuberville resigned following a 5-7 season in 2008. Chizik, who worked as a defensive coordinator/defensive backs coach for the Tigers from 2002-04, was one of the early names floated around. But he was 5-19 in two seasons at Iowa State.

It seemed like a longshot at first.

On top of that, before the job opened up, Chizik adamantly shot down rumors he was looking to leave. He told reporters in November 2008 that he and his family were “firmly entrenched here in Ames.” He also held a team meeting over Thanksgiving break to assure players he was not leaving.

When the Auburn job opened up and the school first contacted Chizik, he wasn’t going to interview for it. But as crazy as it sounds, Pollard helped talk him into it.

“I felt like he should do that,” Pollard said. “If he was going to be successful at Iowa State, I didn’t want him to be here thinking that 'I should have gone and done that.'”

Please read the whole article LINK: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-gene-chizik-auburn-jamie-pollard/2052829002/

It is also spelled out in one of Chizik's authored books.

Crazy that Pollard would encourage a coach that was 5-19 in two seasons to apply for a different job.

Twins had had a hardon about the Bruce deal going back to his recruiting. He was certain he was a Clown lock. The butthurt is strong in the king of all clowns.
CyTwit’s delusions have no bounds. He recently stated the Big 12 without Texas and OU but with the new additions will be better than the Big Ten.

Do isu fans still wonder why they are laughed at?

Ronman said:
I think he and Melania Trump ought to take a "Best Best" Tour around the central part of the state. Would be a big hit with the rubes.

How bout both of you give the politics a rest...this is the football board.
I am totally with you. Never started politics in any thread but the days of letting these asses spout their nonsense unchallenged are over. Sorry.

Reactions: Hans81
I am totally with you. Never started politics in any thread but the days of letting these asses spout their nonsense unchallenged are over. Sorry.
The good news is there is a board called HROT where there are so many more opportunities to fight that fight........and just an FYI the days of you spouting your nonsense unchallenged are over. Sorry............ 😂

Apparently Pollard is reverting back to his Pop Warner days in midget football. On Saturday, fans will be allowed to bring their own concessions into the stadium because the vendors in Ames aren't going to show up.

I don't know if they haven't been paid from past games, don't want to deal with obnoxious Clone fans, or just don't want to be associated with a third rate operation?

Not sure how Pollard will spin this to make ISU less competent than they already are, but this just might be an indication of what's going to happen when Texas and Oklahoma exit the Big12.

Can't make this shit up.

And now ole Matty is being mentioned for the LSU, USC, and Washington jobs. I seriously doubt he gets any of those jobs, but the meltdown would be fun if he left.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Apparently Pollard is reverting back to his Pop Warner days in midget football. On Saturday, fans will be allowed to bring their own concessions into the stadium because the vendors in Ames aren't going to show up.

I don't know if they haven't been paid from past games, don't want to deal with obnoxious Clone fans, or just don't want to be associated with a third rate operation?

Not sure how Pollard will spin this to make ISU less competent than they already are, but this just might be an indication of what's going to happen when Texas and Oklahoma exit the Big12.

Can't make this shit up.
Yikes!

And now ole Matty is being mentioned for the LSU, USC, and Washington jobs. I seriously doubt he gets any of those jobs, but the meltdown would be fun if he left.
Sounds like Aranda is favorite for LSU and Washington jobs. Was DC at LSU but have read on more than one sites how LSU has narrowed it down to Aranda, Nappier at Louisiana and Campbell. Aranda right now is like Rhule before him at Baylor left with their stock at its highest. He will strike while the iron is hot. Campbells was this time last year but he gambled on himself and this team and it didn’t pay off. Now he could still land a job just depends on how the dominos fall with Aranda and decisions made by guys like Franklin at psu and Fickel at Cincy.

Reactions: Legs94
Sounds like Aranda is favorite for LSU and Washington jobs. Was DC at LSU but have read on more than one sites how LSU has narrowed it down to Aranda, Nappier at Louisiana and Campbell. Aranda right now is like Rhule before him at Baylor left with their stock at its highest. He will strike while the iron is hot. Campbells was this time last year but he gambled on himself and this team and it didn’t pay off. Now he could still land a job just depends on how the dominos fall with Aranda and decisions made by guys like Franklin at psu and Fickel at Cincy.
I just don't see Matty handling the pressures of a big time football program and dealing with alumni and boosters.

Those schools won't take kindly to a HC proclaiming he doesn't have the goal of winning a conference title.

Yep, Campbell’s chance was after last season. No one wants him now. Oh, his name will still be thrown out there along with other candidates, but he won’t be a serious consideration at any P5 school.

He is stuck in Ames unless he wants to make a lateral move to a mid-major.

Can't make this shit up.

We need to learn more about this. Also, can't wait to hear the latest on the Clown viewership numbers. :)

My source says it is a race to Ames between Warren and Sankey to see who will get the clowns, the Big Ten or the SEC.

The whole “be the best version of yourself” has really resonated with both leagues and now they are bracing for a bidding war to break out. I mean the lure of getting a women’s cross-country school is just to great to pass up.

My source says it is a race to Ames between Warren and Sankey to see who will get the clowns, the Big Ten or the SEC.

The whole “be the best version of yourself” has really resonated with both leagues and now they are bracing for a bidding war to break out. I mean the lure of getting a women’s cross-country school is just to great to pass up.
I could see the SEC or Big 10 adding ISU…….if they need a new conference punching bag.

I heard Sankey and Warren are talking merger. They want to ensure they can steal the clones from the Big 12.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Anyone want to predict how many people will be at Jack Trice tomorrow? 40K?
Nope crybaby Jamie will claim over a sellout and then put up a billboard proclaiming this is a cryclown state as a result.

Clown fans will roar in approval and buy miniature versions by the thousands.

Just a part of their new 5 Star Culture they are touting…..”be the douchiest version of a clown fan you can possibly be”.

Can't make this shit up.
Wonder how many fans will show up Saturday and be disappointed when there is no game.

Reactions: MitchLL

Seriously? Where the hell did this come from?

• Haha
Reactions: SWIowahawks
Nope crybaby Jamie will claim over a sellout and then put up a billboard proclaiming this is a cryclown state as a result.

Clown fans will roar in approval and buy miniature versions by the thousands.

Just a part of their new 5 Star Culture they are touting…..”be the douchiest version of a clown fan you can possibly be”.

Just as long as we are the most together we can be. Surprised he didnt say clear eyes full hearts cant lose. Oh wait, that was already taken.

Barely being bowl eligible with the greatest team in ISU history.

Yeah, everybody wants Campball. Not!

Clone fans deserve Memphis or some other lame destination against a G5.

Anyone want to predict how many people will be at Jack Trice tomorrow? 40K?
It’s funny…..Pollard and clone fans thumping their chest about their loyal, passionate and growing fan base. Yet they have to resort to gimmicks to get people to come to the game Saturday.

Reactions: HerkyFan
With Frankiln off the table and reports that Fickell might stay at Cincy, USC might be getting a bit worried about a HC search.

If Campball really is looking, he's really got some leverage with all these openings. These higher profile openings could push anywhere from $7-9M/year. That's hard to turn down even for a average coach like Matty. He'd be an idiot to turn it down even if he flames out in 2-3 years.

It’s funny…..Pollard and clone fans thumping their chest about their loyal, passionate and growing fan base. Yet they have to resort to gimmicks to get people to come to the game Saturday.
Check out post # 426. ;)

My ISU “insider” said for the first time he’s very worried about Campbell leaving. Prior to this season, Campbell gave indications that he wasn’t interested in leaving, but that’s not happening now. He said there is a different “feel” inside the program this year. Which is part of the reason for the divided locker room.

There’s a reason why you haven’t heard about Pollard rallying up donors for a Mel Tucker type extension. Which is sad, I hope he stays in Ames forever!

So, if the Big Ten wins, and gets Clown U. (ugh), who # 16? Pitt? Kansas?

With Frankiln off the table and reports that Fickell might stay at Cincy, USC might be getting a bit worried about a HC search.

If Campball really is looking, he's really got some leverage with all these openings. These higher profile openings could push anywhere from $7-9M/year. That's hard to turn down even for a average coach like Matty. He'd be an idiot to turn it down even if he flames out in 2-3 years.
Not sure why USC would want Campbell. He would be a strange fit in LA.
Lot of open jobs though.

It’s perfect for ISU fans. Now, they will say they aren’t worried about their program if Campbell leaves because he under achieved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT