ADVERTISEMENT

Deep Impact collision ejected the stuff of life

Originally posted by NPRLover:
The ELCA is a far cry from the church groups and attitudes formed 150 years ago.

And thank God for that.

So what is your opinion of the Wisconsin Synod or Missouri Synod types?

Types? If one were to generalize, then one would say the LC-MS is disgrace to thinking Lutherans everywhere, especially given the recent 9-11 service debacle. The insistence of the LC-MS in denying communion to all non-members (depending on the church) is an insult.

The WELS is even worse.

Not that the ALC/LCA/AELC/ELCA and whatever acronymns I've forgotten is perfect by any means.

I share your beliefs regarding that. I also thing that German Lutherans have been rather liberal in their beliefs compared to their Catholic brethren over the course of history. Look no further than the Lutheran state of Prussia. Many French Huguenots, Jews, Anabaptists, and other sects settled in Prussia after being chased out of their largely devout Catholic principalities. Mainly due to a royal program to increase the population in parts of East Prussia.

Reactions: RunRonnieRun
I doubt many traditions of the Catholic Church have their roots in the actual teachings of Christianity but instead other influences such as greed and politics and ages old supersitions.

Originally posted by SalAunese:
I doubt many traditions of the Catholic Church have their roots in the actual teachings of Christianity but instead other influences such as greed and politics and ages old supersitions.

Great post Sal...except I would take out "Catholic Church" and replace it with "all organized religion"...surely you can't believe the Catholics are the only ones that have PUNKED their loyal followings throughout the ages.

I just believe that Christianity during the time of Jesus and the Christianity that evolved before, during and after the fall of the Roman Empire are vastly different things.

You got that right.

Originally posted by NC_Hawk:

Great post Sal...except I would take out "Catholic Church" and replace it with "all organized religion"...surely you can't believe the Catholics are the only ones that have PUNKED their loyal followings throughout the ages.

Well I agree, that goes without saying, but we were talking about the Catholic Church at the time.

Who do you think is happier with hounded?

God, because hounded obviously feels himself to be qualified to expound on the word of the Lord; or the Devil because hounded's rants and ravings undoubtedly drive some away from Christianity?

NPR, you don't know squat about what drives people away from Christianity. The truth is that you don't even really know what Christianity is. People who hold fast to the word bring far more people in than people who do it half butt and compromise with the world. Plus, Christianity is not a popularity context. I don't care if people won't become Christians because of me. Because I know in my heart and mind I'm walking the walk.

Mt 7:13-14 - 13“Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter by it. 14“For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it. - (NASB)

If there is anybody out there, and I do mean "out there", who could drive away young, intelligent seekers of God, hounded's the guy.

You're full of it. I've brought plenty of young and educated people to the Lord.

His exhortations about what is true, and who is a Christian, and what God really means when He says this or that are little more than narcissistic, selfish bloviations meant to feed his own ego.

Isn't this the ultimate hypocritical claim? You're reputation on here sucks in this area. The same people who like your style are the same ones who love Bill Maher and Michael Moore. So you're good at mocking? Big deal. In the long run it will give you a nice hot seat in hell.

He doesn't "reveal" anything; in fact, with his fundamentalist brethren serge, they cast Christianity in quite a repulsive light.

I think Satan is ultimately the happier for having hounded post here. Nobody could be quite as effective as turning people away from Christianity.

Truthfully, I fully believe the Devil does hand stands knowing you're on his side.

I could not agree more...it is people like Hounded and a few others that have almost completely turned me away from organized Christian religions...I know the truth is out there...but it cannot be found in their short-sided, all-knowing rhetoric.

Don't use me as an excuse. You're a walking insult maker.

You are not a seeker of truth and you will never find it. (Unless you change) You are a seeker of what you want. But the same old eternal truth gets in the way. You can't invent truth or a belief system that will save you.

You must have missed hounded's posts on page one of this thread.

He (hounded, not God) says Christianity is not all about forgiveness. He doesn't even give the impression that Christianity is even a "little bit" about forgiveness, imo.

That's because your opinion is again wrong.

Originally posted by Thatherton:
Methinks constantly having his mythological theories debunked on a daily basis has rather irked dear Hounded. Where he used to show humility and courtesy when espousing his fantastical beliefs, having his hat handed to him so many times has made him quite grumpy.

I'm not grumpy. Just using a different style today. If I'm grumpy what does that make these other guys? Bezerk?

It is only your opinion that my hat is handed to me. It hasn't happened.

Originally posted by 86Hawkeye:

I highly doubt Hounded is anything like the Army of God people. Give him a little more credit than that. I highly doubt he's a mean spirited person who wishes ill will towards those of a different policital/religious/sexual persuasion.

Oh, hounded doesn't wish "ill will" towards fags and heathens; he just wishes they get what the bible says is coming to them.

Oh, but you say there is no difference?

This post was edited on 9/7 2:08 PM by NPRLover

if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I would think he prays to God to forgive them.

You must have missed hounded's posts on page one of this thread.

He (hounded, not God) says Christianity is not all about forgiveness. He doesn't even give the impression that Christianity is even a "little bit" about forgiveness, imo.

It's about being right (which means you must agree with hounded) or being wrong.

One can be wrong, prayed for, and forgiven by God.

Happens all the time.

Originally posted by crash_n_learn:
I see NPR's point. I saw a documentary on the Army of God church last weekend. Christian crazies drive people away. (I am not saying Hounded is like this)

Thank you, Crash.

I highly doubt Hounded is anything like the Army of God people. Give him a little more credit than that. I highly doubt he's a mean spirited person who wishes ill will towards those of a different policital/religious/sexual persuasion.

Exactly right.

You're full of it. I've brought plenty of young and educated people to the Lord.

Don't be shy, hounded, don't hide your "queer curing" abilities under a bushel.

You're a double threat: bringing 'em in for the Lord and casting out homo desires.

Your view of Christianity speaks louder and drives away more people than I could ever hope to turn away (not that I want to).

Oh, hounded doesn't wish "ill will" towards fags and heathens; he just wishes they get what the bible says is coming to them.

Oh, but you say there is no difference?

Yet, another lying misrepresentation on your part. You're on a roll.

I take no pleasure in the eternal punishment of the wicked. Why should I? The Lord doesn't.

Eze 33:11 -“Say to them, ‘As I live!’ declares the Lord God, ‘I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?’ - (NASB)

Originally posted by HoundedHawk:

I could not agree more...it is people like Hounded and a few others that have almost completely turned me away from organized Christian religions...I know the truth is out there...but it cannot be found in their short-sided, all-knowing rhetoric.

Don't use me as an excuse. You're a walking insult maker.

You are not a seeker of truth and you will never find it. (Unless you change) You are a seeker of what you want. But the same old eternal truth gets in the way. You can't invent truth or a belief system that will save you.

Why can't I invent a "truth" or a "belief system"??...the Christians did exactly that.

Keep preaching Hounded....I'll keep living and learning. I learned a lot about you today.

You're a double threat: bringing 'em in for the Lord and casting out homo desires.

Your view of Christianity speaks louder and drives away more people than I could ever hope to turn away (not that I want to).

You live in a fantasy world. Again, you don't understand what Christianity is, let alone what drives people away from it. That's why you're a part of the spiritual problem on Earth. You're on the wrong team, but at least you're good at what you do.

Why can't I invent a "truth" or a "belief system"??...the Christians did exactly that./images/smilies/3dgrin.gif

Keep preaching Hounded....I'll keep living and learning. I learned a lot about you today.

I actually understood you the first day we posted.

And, yes, I will keep preaching. You don't need to worry about that.

2 Pe 3:3 - Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, - (NASB)

Why can't I invent a "truth" or a "belief system"??...the Christians did exactly that./images/smilies/3dgrin.gif

Keep on a grinning. If the early Christians were right then you need a paradigm shift.

It's been even better than this, NC.

At one time ol' Hounded was telling us some stones in Peru (called the Ica stones) depicting men/space men riding triceratops or whatever were real.

Strange but true. And I'm not talking 'bout the stones.

His whole man existing with dinos is a hoot. You couldn't make this stuff up.

So it's a bit hard to know when to take hounded seriously or not when he comes up with some of his stuff.

You bring this out a lot. Are you a homosexual? Is your lover called NPR?

At one time ol' Hounded was telling us some stones in Peru (called the Ica stones) depicting men/space men riding triceratops or whatever were real.

So it's a bit hard to know when to take hounded seriously or not when he comes up with some of his stuff.

I thought Hounded said that the stones showed spacemen riding dinosaurs.

You live in a fantasy world. Again, you don't understand what Christianity is, let alone what drives people away from it. That's why you're a part of the spiritual problem on Earth. You're on the wrong team, but at least you're good at what you do.

now I know you're messing with us....the Christian schools always have the worst teams in pretty much every sport....except maybe golf.

I just love how you talk like it is just so simple. Like you just "get it" and everyone else that might question your beliefs (not truths) is lost. You have this arrogance throughout most of your posts...and I have stopped taking you seriously.

You bring this out a lot. Are you a homosexual? Is your lover called NPR?

No, no hounded. If you have found a "cure" for being gay, then it is YOU who should singing this from the rafters. I say cash in on this miracle cure.

I'm not gay, but if I were I would not hide it. God made gays just like He made straights.

now I know you're messing with us....the Christian schools always have the worst teams in pretty much every sport....except maybe golf.

I just love how you talk like it is just so simple. Like you just "get it" and everyone else that might question your beliefs (not truths) is lost. You have this arrogance throughout most of your posts...and I have stopped taking you seriously.

Notre Dame ring a bell?

This is the hallmark of the fundamentalist. Seriously, it is.

Some may say it is the result of an addled intellect or the signs of belonging to a cult. But it does seem that simple minds seek simple answers (generally, that is).

Notre Dame ring a bell?

sorry...everyone knows the Catholic schools recruit the best atheletes in the area...so yeah, they are good at sports....but I'm talking about those freaky little 1A Christian schools peppered throughout the U.S.A.....they usually suck at sports.

Correct.

He hasn't mentioned it in a while, though.

Notice how hounded's arguments "evolve" over time. Remember his Tennessee rock with the fishing reel embedded in it and how he claimed that the professor was refusing to accept the evidence?

That was just pathetic. Hounded wasn't even reading the background on that. But a new crop of posters comes along and they don't know what kind of stuff he's spouted. Maybe if hounded used his own HROT archive to bring back some golden oldies?

Another lying misrepresentation. I never, never said that it was possible that they were space men. I do however believe it is possible that these are ancient stones and people carved picture of men riding triceratops on them.

Why can't you even get one accusation right?

Pr 6:16-19 - There are six things which the Lord hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers. - (NASB)

It couldn't be made up? Didn't watch any movies from the last century? Looking at the ancient art in my sig, it appears someone made it up, or they were depicting what they actually saw.

Take me seriously unless I reveal you shouldn't.

No, I've heard other people say that.

And why would I? I don't believe there are any ETs out there. I think I've said that plenty of times.

if you mean "ill will" to mean believing they are going to hell and are headed for an after-life of burning in eternal fire for their sins here on earth...then yeah, he is like that.

So believing people are going to Hell is having a feeling of ill will toward them? Of course, it doesn't have to mean that. And I certainly don't.

Does he say he "wishes" this to happen? Or merely states thats what the bible says whats going to happen? I highly doubt he wishes for you or I to burn for all of eternity.

You are correct again.

I didn't write that he wishes it...I said he believes it...you draw your own conclusions on what helps him sleep at night.

What helps? The conviction that God has given me truth through Scripture and that I faithfully attempt to follow it.

You've always had almost an allergic reaction to people who are confident in their faith. You and I will never get along. I am commanded to be bold. I don't have a choice. Just think if you encountered some real prophet of God in the past. You would have smacked him upside the head because he was so bold.

I've never understood your personality type. People who recoil at the boldness of others then shouting "Arrogance!" are people who seem insecure to me.

This is the hallmark of the fundamentalist. Seriously, it is.

Some may say it is the result of an addled intellect or the signs of belonging to a cult. But it does seem that simple minds seek simple answers (generally, that is).

You can keep the delusion that your mind is somehow more complicated than my simple cerebrum, and that's the problem, but that will betray you in the end. The obvious answer is that NC has me pegged wrong.

Correct.

He hasn't mentioned it in a while, though.

Notice how hounded's arguments "evolve" over time.

I've noticed how your memory evolves over time.

Remember his Tennessee rock with the fishing reel embedded in it and how he claimed that the professor was refusing to accept the evidence?

Another lying misrepresentation. Is that the fifth in this post alone? I only posted what the professor allegedly said, that is, he didn't have an answer for how it got in there.

That was just pathetic. Hounded wasn't even reading the background on that. But a new crop of posters comes along and they don't know what kind of stuff he's spouted. Maybe if hounded used his own HROT archive to bring back some golden oldies?

If you wouldn't mind I could start keeping every misrepresentation that you speak.

However, I would have to get a larger harddrive.

Hounded, did they ever prove, or disprove the authenticity of the Inca stones with dinosaurs?

No. And I never brought them up as any definitive proof. The Ica stones are quite fascinating.

Can interupt for a moment? This is a little off topic, but since Hounded brought up this passage, I realized poor GWB's destined to spend eternity in hell.

Pr 6:16-19 - There are six things which the Lord hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers. - (NASB)

I don't think he can overcome any of these. Carry on...

Originally posted by leper-messiah:
Can interupt for a moment? This is a little off topic, but since Hounded brought up this passage, I realized poor GWB's destined to spend eternity in hell.

I don't think he can overcome any of these. Carry on...

Bush is on a highway to hell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT