ADVERTISEMENT

Eddie Podolak out as Hawkeye football radio color analyst.

Anthony Herron?…
He's one who I'm surprised hasn't gotten a bigger role with BTN. He's usually very good when he gets a BTN game of ours and has been good on BTN in the studio when given an opportunity. I could see him being a guy looking for a regular gig like this during football season depending upon how much it pays and if he can keep his other jobs. Looks like he's in the Chicago area so that may be a detriment to him considering an offer.

I have no idea how good of a color guy Dallas would be as it isn't something he's ever done. But he checks all of the other boxes in terms of passionate about the game, passionate about the Hawks, still lives in Iowa, and is a legend both in college and the pros.

Dallas Clark checks all the boxes. He's a small town Iowa kid who became a legend at Kinnick and in the NFL and is articulate and comfortable in front of a camera and microphone. I would think the job is his if he wants it.

Brooks is likely just waiting for Dolph to retire. He's a play-by-play guy.
Brooks, IMHO, is not very good at calling women's basketball. Why he would be considered as a football play-by-play guy--other than his name--escapes me. But it's definitely time for Dolph to go. How he got the job in the first place is still a mystery to me. Zabel, Gonder, Brooks, and Claussen were all great to good. Dolph was never in their league.

Reactions: telstar67
Matt Bowen would be my choice as he would actually offer great technical analysis .
He is a veteran radio communicator who analyzes bears for Chicago media while being a HS football coach currently.
Probably too busy to take it, tho.

Loved Eddie...great Hawkeye!

There are things called non-compete clauses. His wife was my classmate in law school. I am sure she has apprised her hubby.
Well he would be doing radiocasts on Learfield which would not compete with what ever network he is on if that network is televising another football game.

Kirk Herbstreit works for espn and Abc but also calls NFL games on amazon prime, thursday night. These guys can be a bit of a free agent if their schelules allow it

Brooks, IMHO, is not very good at calling women's basketball. Why he would be considered as a football play-by-play guy--other than his name--escapes me. But it's definitely time for Dolph to go. How he got the job in the first place is still a mystery to me. Zabel, Gonder, Brooks, and Claussen were all great to good. Dolph was never in their league.
You answered your own question as to Brooks getting the job if he isnt all that great since Dolph got the Iowa gig and you and others and myself at times, especially the last few years, think Dolph is just average.

Well he would be doing radiocasts on Learfield which would not compete with what ever network he is on if that network is televising another football game.

Kirk Herbstreit works for espn and Abc but also calls NFL games on amazon prime, thursday night. These guys can be a bit of a free agent if their schelules allow it
He's the voice of Notre Dame radio. You think they'll let him do Iowa games? Haha, that would be funnier than shit. Herby ain't connected to the osu, officially.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
there is only one suitable replacement

I appreciate a poster who understands the rules!❤️

He's the voice of Notre Dame radio. You think they'll let him do Iowa games? Haha, that would be funnier than shit. Herby ain't connected to the osu, officially.
Ah, Burmeister calls saturday notre dame football radio while NDame on nbc tv. Well I doubt he leaves that gig.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Now that Brian and Bacon are gone, how long before the desire to call games reignites for Ed?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT