ADVERTISEMENT

*****Final 4: South Carolina vs Iowa Game Thread*****

In Fran's defense, we're daring some South Carolina players to shoot 3s. In the men's game you just can't get away with that consistently, even though we still give up 3s regardless of the defense employed.......
Different game for sure but it worked for the most part. She sure as hell didn't let them do what they wanted and just try to be the first one to 100

Aaaannnnd there's the SEC stroking..

"Iowa has to play two SEC teams in a row"
CC and the team say…
Watch This Hold Up GIF by Apple TV+

Different game for sure but it worked for the most part. She sure as hell didn't let them do what they wanted and just try to be the first one to 100
We left them wide open all night at the 3 point line and they shot 4/20. No team in the men's tournament has that glaring of a weakness, let alone the consensus undefeated #1.

We left them wide open all night at the 3 point line and they shot 4/20. No team in the men's tournament has that glaring of a weakness, let alone the consensus undefeated #1.
You can't really do that to most Big Ten teams. Indiana, Ohio State, and Maryland would light you up if you played that kind of defense on them.

2 Seed my ass. F-U seeding committee.
You know, I was thinking about this and there are two philosophies to this. Either November and December matter or they don't. Iowa was still trying to figure things out then and were not nearly as good of a basketball team. So, that gets you a 2 seed.

Now, if you say that recent play is more important, it is clear that Iowa was underseeded. But that's not how the selection committee does things. If you want a 1 seed, then don't lose to bad teams in November and December. I'll take the 2 seed and a national championship opportunity any day of the week though.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I guarantee she was watching and LOVING what she is seeing. Who wouldn't want to play for Lisa?

Maddyn's dad won't push her one way or another, but the family has a damn BLACK & GOLD indoor basketball court :cool:
Will Bluder retire before she graduates? She is in her early 60's and you never know how long someone will continue to coach.

The better team won
I don’t know about that…

I’ll say Bluder out coached the other coach,

SOCar was 11 point favorites, had won 42 in row and had elite size advantage

this is an example of frat coaching utilizing a single elite player

Bluder has 10+ years left.
Agreed. She made it to the national championship game in one of the bigger sports. Football has not done that even going back to the Fry years. It’s entirely up to her when she retires. I know she doesn’t make what Ferentz does but none the less she’s made plenty at this point to retire comfortably so it really is a love for what she does at this point. That in itself is rare and neat to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT