ADVERTISEMENT

Flo-FRL Okie St vs Iowa

125: Bonus Hawks 5-0
133: Dec Oky State 5-3
141: Small and I mean Small advantage Oky State mainly because it's down there. 5-6
149: Small advantage Hawks 8-6
157: I'll take Young all day. 11-6
165: Jo Jo has a SMALL advantage here see 141. 11-9
174: Kemdawg BIG. 15-9
184: Dont know if I can trust Cash yet 15-12
197: LOVE Warner but Weigel is a Bad matchup for him. 15-15
Comes down to Hwt. Still gets the pin 21-15 Hawks!!
A lot of swing matches 125 is a lock for Iowa could bonus anybody even if it is Fix he is that good. 133 will go to Iowa if its Pic but if its Fix I dont like Iowa's chances Carver MAYBE but doubtful. 141 could go either way but home mat to much for Murin. 149 could go either way also but says Lugo wins though. 157 is a swing also. I just like Young to much. Bull Could win on pace alone but JO Jo is one slick customer. 174 is a lock for Iowa and should be bonus pts. 184 I just dont trust Cash yet but he could get it done. 197 Warner could win but once again it's down there so they have the advantage. Still will win either gonna be a early pin or a methodical decision.

Weigel is obviously really good when he’s healthy, but he gasses. He’s incredible in the first period, but gets progressively worse as matches go on. JWar is spending his summer getting ready to win a Junior World gold and then transitioning right into a great college room. I’m going JWar with a late TD for the win. Also JoJo over the Bull?! See above. JoJo gasses, the bull doesn’t. Any of the Pokes that aren’t ready to go 7 minutes hard are going end up with a loss vs this Hawk squad.

Go Hawks!!!!

Could easily happen but remember smaller mat and they WILL play the edge game down there.

125: Bonus Hawks 5-0
133: Dec Oky State 5-3
141: Small and I mean Small advantage Oky State mainly because it's down there. 5-6
149: Small advantage Hawks 8-6
157: I'll take Young all day. 11-6
165: Jo Jo has a SMALL advantage here see 141. 11-9
174: Kemdawg BIG. 15-9
184: Dont know if I can trust Cash yet 15-12
197: LOVE Warner but Weigel is a Bad matchup for him. 15-15
Comes down to Hwt. Still gets the pin 21-15 Hawks!!
A lot of swing matches 125 is a lock for Iowa could bonus anybody even if it is Fix he is that good. 133 will go to Iowa if its Pic but if its Fix I dont like Iowa's chances Carver MAYBE but doubtful. 141 could go either way but home mat to much for Murin. 149 could go either way also but says Lugo wins though. 157 is a swing also. I just like Young to much. Bull Could win on pace alone but JO Jo is one slick customer. 174 is a lock for Iowa and should be bonus pts. 184 I just dont trust Cash yet but he could get it done. 197 Warner could win but once again it's down there so they have the advantage. Still will win either gonna be a early pin or a methodical decision.
65 is a head scratcher if you think Smith will beat The Bull.I could see a fall here.

Weigel is obviously really good when he’s healthy, but he gasses. He’s incredible in the first period, but gets progressively worse as matches go on. JWar is spending his summer getting ready to win a Junior World gold and then transitioning right into a great college room. I’m going JWar with a late TD for the win. Also JoJo over the Bull?! See above. JoJo gasses, the bull doesn’t. Any of the Pokes that aren’t ready to go 7 minutes hard are going end up with a loss vs this Hawk squad.

Go Hawks!!!!
Do you not think Weigel is training to get better in a tough college room as well?
Smith's gassing issues may have been a result of the cut. I would also take the Bull and J Boogie though.

It's hard to really predict a lot of those matches because other than the last 2 weights the OSU lineup isn't set. Has there ever been a big time program with that many variables up and down the lineup and still with the potential to get a trophy? I would definitely take even money against anyone that thinks they could predict that lineup correctly right now. 141 and 157 are not set for the Hawks either.

Do you not think Weigel is training to get better in a tough college room as well?
Smith's gassing issues may have been a result of the cut. I would also take the Bull and J Boogie though.

It's hard to really predict a lot of those matches because other than the last 2 weights the OSU lineup isn't set. Has there ever been a big time program with that many variables up and down the lineup and still with the potential to get a trophy? I would definitely take even money against anyone that thinks they could predict that lineup correctly right now. 141 and 157 are not set for the Hawks either.

Slim, obviously Weigel is in a tough room, but he’s a fifth year senior, is often injured and has a suspect gas tank. He’s got some solid wins but at his best he was 6th at NCAAs. If JWar can survive Weigels big move potential in the first period, I see JWar putting it on him when Weigels conditioning starts failing. JoJo’s cut may have effected him, but I’ve seen him fade late too many times ( twice to that ODU kid in HS :)) to think he can keep pace with the Bull for 7 minutes.

Way too many people selling Vince Turk short at 41.

Regarding the bolded, I think there's a correlation. The more good/elite wrestlers you have, the more potential for your lineup to be unsettled at multiple weights in the off-season, as it becomes trickier trying to slot everyone in "just right".

Another trophy-contending program, PSU:

• 125 - unknown (Teske/Teasdale)
• 133 - most are assuming RBY, but it's really an unknown (could be Teasdale)
• 141 - most are assuming Lee does not redshirt, but the question is mentioned enough to make it an unknown (e.g., could Verk make the weight?)
• 149 - most assuming Berge, but some have wondered whether Verk can steal the spot
• 184 - Nickal or Rasheed?
• 197 - Nickal or Rasheed or Cassar?
• 285 - Nevills or Cassar?

I might be stretching "unknown" in a couple of classes to help
make my point, but still, there are quite a few question-marks. That doesn't happen so much if there are just a few studs on the team.

Reactions: andegre

I think 141 and 157 are actually pretty set for the Hawks. Just MHO, of course.

Last edited:
Hawks win 6 of 10 IMO, the unknown is Stoll, without him and Cassi pulling his Shirt, I see it 5-5, and it then might come down to if Lee gets Fix. Let wins in my book but it probably takes a needed bonus of the table. I am not convinced Fix goes 125 this year and Spencer cruises to a NC probably bonusing every match.

I don’t think selling him short as much as saying last years performance won’t fly this year. Not even close. And that the spot is up for grabs for sure and open to other guys that likely will win more matches and have better results. If Turk uses it as fuel and goes out and starts winning big matches consistantly well....it’s a win for him and the fans and the team.

In what way exactly? Would love to hear some tangible evidence of that, and also what Turk has done or is currently doing that would make anybody think his spot can't be taken away from him.

Reactions: Gobblin
In what way exactly? Would love to hear some tangible evidence of that, and also what Turk has done or is currently doing that would make anybody think his spot can't be taken away from him.
I have seen predictions on here for this coming year with some not mentioning Turk at all in two or three deeps.

I have seen predictions on here for this coming year with some not mentioning Turk at all in two or three deeps.

This has been explained more that once--several of us aren't sure he's going to be on the team.

That could happen in the unlikely event Renteria threw his hat in the ring at 141, and Murin and Happel improve more than Turk does. He literally could be #4 at the weight, and it wouldn't be a big shocker, at least to me.

That's what inconsistency on the mat buys you from the fanbase, apprehension.

I don't care who wins that spot, just kick some ass when you do.

That could happen in the unlikely event Renteria threw his hat in the ring at 141, and Murin and Happel improve more than Turk does. He literally could be #4 at the weight, and it wouldn't be a big shocker, at least to me.

That's what inconsistency on the mat buys you from the fanbase, apprehension.

I don't care who wins that spot, just kick some ass when you do.

This >> I don't care who wins that spot, just kick some ass when you do <<

I truly think Turk will be our starting 141.
He’s starting from behind if he does - will have to wreck some top competition in order to prove he’s not just a wrestled a close match with a top competitor type of guy.

He’s starting from behind if he does - will have to wreck some top competition in order to prove he’s not just a wrestled a close match with a top competitor type of guy.
How is last years starter starting from behind?

What does my post say?
61423535.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT