ADVERTISEMENT

Okie St. PBP

You should really try to understand when someone gives you a chance, yet you cannot. You flamed the board and me. I let it go yet you continue. So why do you come over? Anyone else would have banned you. I gave you a chance and yet here you do it again. Smdh.
You're on the up and up over there. You're fair with everyone and unlike here you give warnings and reasons if some are getting too close to crossing the line. Take Wild Turk. Hes pretty much the Hawkeye equivalent of me over on BWI. Breaks no rules, gives his opinions no matter who's feelings it hurts and supports his guys. He rubs some the wrong way, some would rather he be banned yet you and everyone there knows that's just being thin skinned and silly. I for one am glad you aren't letting the members run that board although they already do one hell of a job policing the place themselves.

Good observations. I'm not sure what to think about Lee. He looks great against most, but not against NW and Okie. Bowman just doesn't look to have any physical power at this weight. I applaud him for being an amazing athlete and team player, but this weight loss just didn't do him any favors. I think Murin and Wilcke can do well at B10s if they get on their offense earlier...both wait too long to get it going. Stoll is where most of you thought he would be. I thought he would be better by now, but not yet. Hopefully it'll all come together by NCAAs. Warner (or the coaches) were just silly. The opposition was gassed and right where they wanted him...not sure why Warner tried to ride ride him in the 3rd; cut him and then take him down. Bull and Desanto looked great (despite the loss to Fix) and both (along with Lee) have a solid chance of winning it all. Go Hawks!!
Iowa has had a soft schedule all season, showed today. I have seen all season when your wrestlers killed a nobody and most of this fan base giving out "A" and counting points at Nationals off those wins. OSU loss wrestlers from injury, weight changes, subs at 57 and a average 57 moving up to 65 against a great Iowa wrestler and still beat Iowa by 15. Stop worrying about pushing somebody out and calling stalling, how about trying to score from top! Also big pickup recruit today, Jakason Burks OSU

Last edited:
[QUOTE="T.A.J., post: 6285456, member: 97496" I've been banned probably ten times on this board. I'd like just once for your mod to give me a reason as to why I was banned.[/QUOTE]

Banned ten times and you're completely innocent ? You poor guy.

No one gets banned from this board. No one. If you were banned 10 times you freaking deserved it. Stop playing innocent victim.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
Ok...well great talk guys! I'll be stepping away now. I'll talk to you come Bigs or Nationals.

Under a new name of course...

Reactions: PSU Fan in TN
Banned ten times and you're completely innocent ? You poor guy.

No one gets banned from this board. No one. If you were banned 10 times you freaking deserved it. Stop playing innocent victim.
yeah....I'm a liar. we will go with that...

I like you Mp. You're probably my favorite Hawk poster any any board. That being said, be careful not to throw stones when you live in a glass house. The glass house I speak of is this very board.

I know it's a sore subject, my bringing it up there will be suppressed immediately, the post deleted and another ban will soon occur but no one has forgotten that your very own mod here called out your fanbase for obsessively crying to him to ban visitors from other schools. He pretty much admitted he was getting tired of banning people not for breaking rules but simply because you have thin skin.

By you, I don't mean you. You're actually one of the few here that can a handle opposing opinions and take it as well as you can dish it.

Thanks bro, I don’t own this house though, I just pay rent.

Reactions: T.A.J.
I’m not pushing any b.s. bro and haven’t even brought it up nor really cared about it until you brought up the ban on vodka. I was stupid for poking the bear but your power trip stuff isn’t necessary.
I have no power trip. You went off the road yet I did not ban you. You wonder why? Because I know what your about, wrestling. I do not ban people, fight against it every damn day. However, there is a line. As far as Vodka? He specifically brought it to smalls attention. I did not ban him but know why he was, as does he. As for you? I will always welcome you on BWI. Peace.

Reactions: lionlover
It sounds like you guys can't take anyone fighting back at all. Thin skin is an epidemic on this board.

And it was brought here by Penn State fans.

I like some of the people on your board, but it’s a circle jerk with only true believers being allowed to speak.

I once made a comment on your board along the lines that “money runs every athletic department. The PSU football program, if academics were the true purpose of the Univeristy, would have been shut down by the board of trustees. But It just brings in too much money”

Doesn’t sound too controversial if you ask me, but you all acted like I set a school bus full of pre-schoolers on fire. Thin skin is a PSU thing on a lot of levels. Go away.

Iowa friends (and the ones who don’t like me) sorry I fed the trolls.

Reactions: shobart
And it was brought here by Penn State fans.

I like some of the people on your board, but it’s a circle jerk with only true believers being allowed to speak.

I once made a comment on your board along the lines that “money runs every athletic department. The PSU football program, if academics were the true purpose of the Univeristy, would have been shut down by the board of trustees. But It just brings in too much money”

Doesn’t sound too controversial if you ask me, but you all acted like I set a school bus full of pre-schoolers on fire. Thin skin is a PSU thing on a lot of levels. Go away.

Iowa friends (and the ones who don’t like me) sorry I fed the trolls.
That's simply not teue and this poster was specifically called out. Give it a rest on the academics. You're simply wrong and the statistics speak for themselves.

You're on the up and up over there. You're fair with everyone and unlike here you give warnings and reasons if some are getting too close to crossing the line. Take Wild Turk. Hes pretty much the Hawkeye equivalent of me over on BWI. Breaks no rules, gives his opinions no matter who's feelings it hurts and supports his guys. He rubs some the wrong way, some would rather he be banned yet you and everyone there knows that's just being thin skinned and silly. I for one am glad you aren't letting the members run that board although they already do one hell of a job policing the place themselves.
Why don't you two get a room or better yet just STFU! Crap is getting old!

Dude you were blaming stalling over a week before the match. Just look at your posts.

I was right. Okie state backed off the mat in the neutral position when they had the option to circle in and wrestle through the position. The ref just didn't call it as it's stated in the rule. Again, that didn't determine the final score of the dual, but it definitely impacts matches. CP called out how egregious it was as well. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

No, you need to own your own words. I specifically called out an idiot poster on this very board as the worst post I've ever seen here. Try again.

You really do love the power of being an online forum moderator don't you. You're on a completely separate forum now bragging about your moderation actions on another board. Cool dude. Glad you have that going for you in life.

Reactions: evashevsky58
I like you Mp. You're probably my favorite Hawk poster any any board. That being said, be careful not to throw stones when you live in a glass house. The glass house I speak of is this very board.

I know it's a sore subject, my bringing it up there will be suppressed immediately, the post deleted and another ban will soon occur but no one has forgotten that your very own mod here called out your fanbase for obsessively crying to him to ban visitors from other schools. He pretty much admitted he was getting tired of banning people not for breaking rules but simply because you have thin skin.

By you, I don't mean you. You're actually one of the few here that can a handle opposing opinions and take it as well as you can dish it.

Did you just make this new account to be a drama queen or what? You're accounts less than 2 weeks old but you gossip and b*tch about posters more than a middle school girl. If you want to talk wrestling please do, but right now you're just one of many PSU trolls hanging around here.

Reactions: shobart
My thoughts:

It's tough watching Spencer Lee wrestle with whatever he has going on. This is a kid who never made wrestling with a torn ACL an excuse for a loss, so, I'm not surprised that he isn't making excuses now. I hope he is close to 100% in a couple of weeks. As for Picc, you have to hand it to him, he came to wrestle.

First, I did think the officiating was awful, but, it went against both teams. I think Fix clearly had the takedown they reviewed. I thought Desanto wrestled very tough. Fix is very good, and I'll take him in a rematch, but, Desanto has proved over and over again that he is right there with the best. I also loved the way he handled himself after the loss. Desanto is one of my favorite non-PSU wrestlers on the mat. His tenacity and non-stop pace are fun to watch.

I wasn't impressed with Murin early in the match, but, it was good to see him show the fight at the end. He came extremely close to grabbing to back points and stealing that match at the end.

Lugo has gotten better and better and is very dangerous at this point. He is tough to score on, and he has gotten on his offense more and more as the confidence has come. That was an impressive victory today.

Young is one of those guys who it seems doesn't know how good he is. It's like he is afraid to completely let it go and take risks. I think when he creates action, it is to his advantage against most kids. He was in a position where Iowa needed bonus, and I just didn't see him driving hard to go after it.

Marinelli is a beast. He is so ridiculously strong. I haven't seen many get a 3 quarter to work at the D1 level, but, he's done it many times. He is a blast to watch, and his battles with Cenzo should be a lot of fun for all wrestling fans.

Bowman is pretty much taking one for the team. That was a tough pin to take, but, I don't think it is due to lack of effort. He is just over-matched.

As many of you have said, I've seen Wilcke wrestle very well, but, he just has a style that keeps almost every match close, regardless of the opponent's level, which has him in danger of losing in almost any match, but, can keep him close against higher rated competition as well. I thought he wrestled hard today.

I couldn't believe that Warner didn't just start neutral in the 3rd. Weigel is not yet in full wrestling shape, and he was gassed. It's hard to say for sure, but, if they start in neutral, I liked Warner's chances.

I thought Stoll wrestled decent. After the last couple matches, I thought he would get ridden out in the 3rd. White is extremely tough to open up your offense against. Cassar has been pretty much a takedown machine, but, at Scuffle, White tied him up to the point that he couldn't get a shot off.

My $.02

My thoughts:

It's tough watching Spencer Lee wrestle with whatever he has going on. This is a kid who never made wrestling with a torn ACL an excuse for a loss, so, I'm not surprised that he isn't making excuses now. I hope he is close to 100% in a couple of weeks. As for Picc, you have to hand it to him, he came to wrestle.

First, I did think the officiating was awful, but, it went against both teams. I think Fix clearly had the takedown they reviewed. I thought Desanto wrestled very tough. Fix is very good, and I'll take him in a rematch, but, Desanto has proved over and over again that he is right there with the best. I also loved the way he handled himself after the loss. Desanto is one of my favorite non-PSU wrestlers on the mat. His tenacity and non-stop pace are fun to watch.

I wasn't impressed with Murin early in the match, but, it was good to see him show the fight at the end. He came extremely close to grabbing to back points and stealing that match at the end.

Lugo has gotten better and better and is very dangerous at this point. He is tough to score on, and he has gotten on his offense more and more as the confidence has come. That was an impressive victory today.

Young is one of those guys who it seems doesn't know how good he is. It's like he is afraid to completely let it go and take risks. I think when he creates action, it is to his advantage against most kids. He was in a position where Iowa needed bonus, and I just didn't see him driving hard to go after it.

Marinelli is a beast. He is so ridiculously strong. I haven't seen many get a 3 quarter to work at the D1 level, but, he's done it many times. He is a blast to watch, and his battles with Cenzo should be a lot of fun for all wrestling fans.

Bowman is pretty much taking one for the team. That was a tough pin to take, but, I don't think it is due to lack of effort. He is just over-matched.

As many of you have said, I've seen Wilcke wrestle very well, but, he just has a style that keeps almost every match close, regardless of the opponent's level, which has him in danger of losing in almost any match, but, can keep him close against higher rated competition as well. I thought he wrestled hard today.

I couldn't believe that Warner didn't just start neutral in the 3rd. Weigel is not yet in full wrestling shape, and he was gassed. It's hard to say for sure, but, if they start in neutral, I liked Warner's chances.

I thought Stoll wrestled decent. After the last couple matches, I thought he would get ridden out in the 3rd. White is extremely tough to open up your offense against. Cassar has been pretty much a takedown machine, but, at Scuffle, White tied him up to the point that he couldn't get a shot off.

My $.02
Great post. The part about Young is spot on. He's a dark horse threat to make the finals this year, especially if he somehow avoids Deakin on the opposite side of Nolf (I think Deakin's length takes away a lot Young's skills). He could also drop a winnable match in the R16 because he doesn't open up. Big gap between his floor and ceiling.

I was right. Okie state backed off the mat in the neutral position when they had the option to circle in and wrestle through the position. The ref just didn't call it as it's stated in the rule. Again, that didn't determine the final score of the dual, but it definitely impacts matches. CP called out how egregious it was as well. Not sure what point you're trying to make.
man, vodka, i normally enjoy you, but this is so wrong. What was the takedown count? Weigel might have got away with a bit, but so did Stoll. I guess the ACC uses HS kids, that one looked young!

But, all the BS reading through this thread made me forget all of the smart comments that I was going to use to have fun with. So I can't even gloat right. Probably for the best-it will circle around some day.

Something definitely wrong with Spencer, did not expect that. Gfeller's ribs must still be hurting some. Preston has a month to get in shape and be ready, believe he will.

Great post. The part about Young is spot on. He's a dark horse threat to make the finals this year, especially if he somehow avoids Deakin on the opposite side of Nolf (I think Deakin's length takes away a lot Young's skills). He could also drop a winnable match in the R16 because he doesn't open up. Big gap between his floor and ceiling.
Spot on indeed. Both Young and Wilcke drive me in sane at times in that they both especially Wilcke, seem to wrestle down to the competition. I think both Wilcke and Young could be semi-finalists or could go 1-2 at NCAAs. I would love to see them open their offense EVERY match.

man, vodka, i normally enjoy you, but this is so wrong. What was the takedown count? Weigel might have got away with a bit, but so did Stoll. I guess the ACC uses HS kids, that one looked young!

But, all the BS reading through this thread made me forget all of the smart comments that I was going to use to have fun with. So I can't even gloat right. Probably for the best-it will circle around some day.

Something definitely wrong with Spencer, did not expect that. Gfeller's ribs must still be hurting some. Preston has a month to get in shape and be ready, believe he will.

Okie State outwrestled Iowa hands down. They wrestled really well. Iowa's best match was Lugo imo. (And Marinelli, but he did what was expected vs that opponent)

Okie State had more takedowns I'm sure but that doesn't change that stall rule. It's literally written that if you back out in neutral when you could have circled in, it's an automatic stall call.

The rule isn't written that way from top/bottom, but guys are definitely stalling when they are running someone off the mat. Weigel was the worst offender on top for Okie State and Stoll was for Iowa. Both were doing it. I'd much prefer if the refs call it on both guys rather than not call it on either.

From neutral it's not a judgement call. It's automatic. The only time it can't really be called is if a guy's sprawl or leg defense took him out. That wasn't the case in the first period at 133. That wasn't the case at 197 in the first period.

Again, it had no bearing on the outcome of the dual, but it does affect how matches are wrestled and I'm going to rant about it in the Iowa pbp thread as I'm seeing it occur.

This Okie State team looks good. They look so different than just a few years ago with Heil. Fix is one of my favorite non-hawks in NCAA wrestling right now. Congrats on the big win today.

First, I did think the officiating was awful, but, it went against both teams. I think Fix clearly had the takedown they reviewed.

Agreed. That was a bad call imo and probably the only worthy challenge of the day by Smith. John's a competitor, but he throws the brick too often. And the stoppage time for the locked hands discussion at 197 was ridiculous. Imo the worst part of the replay system and coaches arguing calls is that it gives wrestlers a breather. In this sport, conditioning decides matches often and "time-outs" have never been an option. I like having the option to replay, but there should be limitations. Throwing the brick b/c you want the ref to award a pt for hands to the face is insane to me.

The real trolls here are the ones that cant handle opposing opinions from other fanbases. The ones that cry to your mod to ban them because they dont agree with you. I've been banned probably ten times on this board. I'd like just once for your mod to give me a reason as to why I was banned. He knows why he cant do that. He knows not one rule was ever broken. He also knows he did it because he was tired of hearing your whining because I said something that hurt feelings...even if the rest of the wrestling world knew it to be fact. How do we know this? Easy. He started a freaking thread admitting it that's how we know.

Let's start by getting our definitions straight: An Internet troll is someone who comes into a discussion and posts comments designed to upset or disrupt the conversation. Often, in fact, it seems like there is no real purpose behind their comments except to upset everyone else involved. Trolls will lie, exaggerate, and offend to get a response.

What kind of person would do this? Some Canadian researchers decided to find out.

They conducted two online studies with over 1,200 people, giving personality tests to each subject along with a survey about their Internet commenting behavior. They were looking for evidence that linked trolling with the "Dark Tetrad" of personality traits: narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy, and sadism.

They found that Dark Tetrad scores were highest among people who said trolling was their favorite Internet activity. To get an idea of how much more prevalent these traits were among Internet trolls, see this figure from the paper:

Look at how low the Dark Tetrad scores are for everyone except the trolls! Their scores for all four traits soar on the chart. The relationship between trolling and the Dark Tetrad is so significant that the authors write in their paper:

"... the associations between sadism and GAIT (Global Assessment of Internet Trolling) scores were so strong that it might be said that online trolls are prototypical everyday sadists." [emphasis added]

Trolls truly enjoy making you feel bad. To quote the authors once more (because this is a truly quotable article): "Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others. Sadists just want to have fun ... and the Internet is their playground!"

The next time you encounter a troll online, remember:

1. These trolls are some truly difficult people.
  2. It is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them.

Reactions: tigerhawk2015
Agreed. That was a bad call imo and probably the only worthy challenge of the day by Smith. John's a competitor, but he throws the brick too often. And the stoppage time for the locked hands discussion at 197 was ridiculous. Imo the worst part of the replay system and coaches arguing calls is that it gives wrestlers a breather. In this sport, conditioning decides matches often and "time-outs" have never been an option. I like having the option to replay, but there should be limitations. Throwing the brick b/c you want the ref to award a pt for hands to the face is insane to me.

Coaches are using replay as the new fake injury time.

Or you and your fanbase coming over here and flaming a play by play thread, then immediately running back to BWI and calling posters here "scum."
Or you and your fanbase coming over here and flaming a play by play thread, then immediately running back to BWI and calling posters here "scum."
I believe both myself and ‘Shoe gave you likes on your first BWI post. I can only attest to the reason I did.

Spot on indeed. Both Young and Wilcke drive me in sane at times in that they both especially Wilcke, seem to wrestle down to the competition. I think both Wilcke and Young could be semi-finalists or could go 1-2 at NCAAs. I would love to see them open their offense EVERY match.
We've seen basically one match from Wilcke that would give Hawk fans any hope that he's an AA candidate. One!

Wilcke's results are pretty much what you'd expect based on his ranking coming out of high school.

Last edited:
Kissing the rear ends of the Hawk world to gain a few brownie points won't do you any good if Rutgers ever gets close to competing with the Hawks.
Of course that isn't going to happen in your lifetime, so keep the lips puckered while you smack away.
Our mods need to start banning you guys more aggressively. Similar to how your mods run their board. Hotshoe should be calling you guys out on this site and on your board where Iowa is constantly trashed.

Iowa has had a soft schedule all season, showed today. I have seen all season when your wrestlers killed a nobody and most of this fan base giving out "A" and counting points at Nationals off those wins. OSU loss wrestlers from injury, weight changes, subs at 57 and a average 57 moving up to 65 against a great Iowa wrestler and still beat Iowa by 15. Stop worrying about pushing somebody out and calling stalling, how about trying to score from top! Also big pickup recruit today, Jakason Burks OSU
Burks? Never heard of him. Is he elite?

Our mods need to start banning you guys more aggressively. Similar to how your mods run their board. Hotshoe should be calling you guys out on this site and on your board where Iowa is constantly trashed.
I did. Actually called one post the dumbest I've ever seen. Also agree with lionlover that poster above should be banned for his post.

Kissing the rear ends of the Hawk world to gain a few brownie points won't do you any good if Rutgers ever gets close to competing with the Hawks.
Of course that isn't going to happen in your lifetime, so keep the lips puckered while you smack away.

I’m critical of every program, even my own. I’ve taken coach to task on the boards and once in person.

I root against Iowa every time they wrestle Rutgers. That will never change. I actually don’t root against PSU unless under those circumstances. I do root against the portion of your fan base who behaves like dolts.

And if Rutgers and Iowa are neck and neck for something, I would surely expect the people here to rib me as an outsider. I am a visitor here, and guests should be welcome (which they are) so long as the guest realizes they are a guest (which I do). And if god willing Rutgers does start beating Iowa wrestling, I sure as shit wouldn’t come here with the attitude some of y’all do.

Jason Nolf can win with class. Maybe some of the PSU fanbass Should take note.

I’m critical of every program, even my own. I’ve taken coach to task on the boards and once in person.

I root against Iowa every time they wrestle Rutgers. That will never change. I actually don’t root against PSU unless under those circumstances. I do root against the portion of your fan base who behaves like dolts.

And if Rutgers and Iowa are neck and neck for something, I would surely expect the people here to rib me as an outsider. I am a visitor here, and guests should be welcome (which they are) so long as the guest realizes they are a guest (which I do). And if god willing Rutgers does start beating Iowa wrestling, I sure as shit wouldn’t come here with the attitude some of y’all do.

Jason Nolf can win with class. Maybe some of the PSU fanbass Should take note.
Rutgers virtue signaling , now I’ve seen it all .

Rutgers virtue signaling , now I’ve seen it all .

Da fuq?

I guess the Mecca of modern morals is happy valley?

Rutgers Athletics department makes a few jokes and Penn State fans hold a grudge for life.

The actions of their own school however may not be discussed.

I would say now I’ve seen it all, but there is always one more PSU fan boy whose whole identity is attached to the success of people they don’t know.

funny story that is completely off topic. Sunday before the dual I was discussing the high school state tournament that concluded Saturday night with a couple of guys that sit behind us. They asked for an opinion of the officiating for a certain match and the official, and how would I describe that officials work. My response; I would describe him as a clitoris-he is shiny smooth on top, and overly sensitive. So if I smelled like beer, it was because it was spit on me. My red face was from my wife slapping me.

The backstory-for the first time in 52 years of being involved in wrestling, I was thrown out a tournament. Just for telling this same official that he and his partner needed to split up, so there was only one moron on the mat. See, overly sensitive! ;)

The funny part was I had all my stuff in hand to leave, as I was driving from Marlow to Tulsa-from watching on kid wrestle high school to watch the other ref kids state.

So ya'll talking bad about the official reminds me of the two sides (by the way, the oldest called stalling on an 8 year old:eek:)

Reactions: OldestandGreatest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT