ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the BIG in next 30 days?

Ok….like Trumpers🤷‍♂️ let’s call it like it is, it’s ok sometimes, just depends who….

This world is sick…I look forward to Christs return
I despise Trump. I’ve been on CNN calling him despicable. Please don’t connect me with that psycho and his brain-dead followers.

Last edited:
Please explain.
Really? Are there no mirrors in your house?

You just reduced an entire group of people to a single hateful stereotype...much like your example of "dehumanizing" the jews. But it's OK, when it's consistent with your views.

I know people who voted for Trump, I know people who voted for Biden and I know those who support neither... They are all over the board on their reasons, their attitudes toward the individuals, what they do and don't agree with. Some hold their nose while they voted one way or the other...lesser of two evils kind of thing. (I don't like this about the guy, but what he gets right is more important). They are all colors, ages, education levels and professions on both sides.

You can't reduce either to a simplistic stereotype. But you just did. Classic "my kind of hate is OK".

Last edited:
Really? Are there no mirrors in your house?

You just reduced an entire group of people to a single hateful stereotype...much like your example of "dehumanizing" the jews. But it's OK, when it's consistent with your views.

I know people who voted for Trump, I know people who voted for Biden and I know those who support neither... They are all over the board on their reasons, their attitudes toward the individuals, what they do and don't agree with. Some hold their nose while they voted one way or the other...lesser of two evils kind of thing. (I don't like this about the guy, but what he gets right is more important). They are all colors, ages, education levels and professions on both sides.

You can't reduce either to a simplistic stereotype. But you just did. Classic "my kind of hate is OK".
This is a fair point, and one I worried about when I posted it.

But here is what I think the key differences are between me disparaging a whole group (Trump supporters (different than Trump voters, I think)) and FSU stereotyping a whole group (Seminoles):

1) There are known views (“behaviors”) that go with being a Trump supporter. Sure, there is variance, but not a lot.

2). Trump supporters chose membership in that group. Seminoles did not. They were born Seminoles.

3). My weakest comeback but still something: I’m just a single poster posting without deep research, on some message board. Not much influence. FSU is a big and influential institution, with a reputed football team. Their decisions and statements sway opinions.

Still, I regret that my Trump supporter post detracts from my viewpoint cleanliness, which it does to a degree.

• Sad
Reactions: GHawk
And there you go, you walked right into it…you lumped them all together. Nice job…you just made anything else you say irrelevant 🤷‍♂

But here is what I think the key differences are between me disparaging a whole group (Trump supporters (different than Trump voters, I think)) and FSU stereotyping a whole group (Seminoles):

1) There are known views (“behaviors”) that go with being a Trump supporter. Sure, there is variance, but not a lot.
Bullshit. As I said, people are many and varied. There is no "trump supporter" check list. (nor is there one for Biden supporters). "Known behaviors"?!...you sound like you're briefing the Gestapo on how to recognize who needs rounding up.
2). Trump supporters chose membership in that group. Seminoles did not. They were born Seminoles.
What is this "group" you refer to? I don't see anybody carrying membership cards. Again you are oversimplifying and plugging people into your pre-configured stereotype. There is no group that people join.

Even if there was, you're implying that it's OK to negatively stereotype people you don't agree with by broad assumption.
3). My weakest comeback but still something: I’m just a single poster posting without deep research, on some message board. Not much influence. FSU is a big and influential institution, with a reputed football team. Their decisions and statements sway opinions.

Still, I regret that my Trump supporter post detracts from my viewpoint cleanliness, which it does to a degree.
No, it reveals how you really think...and that like most virtue signalers...you're a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Bullshit. As I said, people are many and varied. There is no "trump supporter" check list. (nor is there one for Biden supporters). "Known behaviors"?!...you sound like you're briefing the Gestapo on how to recognize who needs rounding up.

What is this "group" you refer to? I don't see anybody carrying membership cards. Again you are oversimplifying and plugging people into your pre-configured stereotype. There is no group that people join.

Even if there was, you're implying that it's OK to negatively stereotype people you don't agree with by broad assumption.

No, it reveals how you really think...and that like most virtue signalers...you're a hypocrite.

In his defense he softened his tone in the end, but he certainly highlighted a societal problem that we all share. We are all hypocritical, judgmental and prone to bias. That is our natural state and we have to actually work at not being that way.

Although my old buddy @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset suggests he isn’t ever hypocritical, but we all are, That’s also why I rarely respond to anything he says anymore, because that is preposterous.

In his defense he softened his tone in the end, but he certainly highlighted a societal problem that we all share. We are all hypocritical, judgmental and prone to bias. That is our natural state and we have to actually work at not being that way.

Although my old buddy @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset suggests he isn’t ever hypocritical, but we all are, That’s also why I rarely respond to anything he says anymore, because that is preposterous.
Fair enough. Of course none of us are perfect and can all be hypocritical at times. I would suggest that's why it's best not to get too self-righteous about your version of morality. The concept of humility has been lost on many.

I'm sure Mark means well. But he also seems to have swallowed the programming to some degree...which manifests in its own stereotyping. Glass houses.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Of course none of us are perfect and can all be hypocritical at times. I would suggest that's why it's best not to get too self-righteous about your version of morality. The concept of humility has been lost on many.

I'm sure Mark means well. But he also seems to have swallowed the programming to some degree...which manifests in its own stereotyping. Glass houses.

Very much agree….its also why I personally don’t get the hypercritical, but that’s a different rabbit hole!

I'll chime in here. My grandmother was 100% Native American and influenced some American Indian values in me. I've had numerous family members on our Tribal Council and in charge of Tribal events, fundraisers and the yearly Pow Wow. As far as the Redskins/ Seminoles thing I never heard one person in my tribe complaining about it. If anything they said change Redskins to an actual Tribe name or an actual chief if they are forced too.

In my experience Natives are such a forgotten minority in this country the last thing they want to do is bitch about little things and further alienate themselves.

But anyways FSU to the Big Ten huh? Lmao

Reactions: GHawk and amahawk
I'm only not hypocritical when it bothers you, which is always the case and therefore why I'm never hypocritical...............;)

And you rarely respond to me because you're easily triggered by me and don't like it, and thus avoid engaging in back and forth with me, rather trying hastily to deflect instead.

Prime example- I'm still waiting on you to tell me the 3 best wins by Iowa over the last 5 years.

That was my question to you. You asked the public to list 10 win seasons, therefore I don't feel any obligation to answer.

But because I posed a question to you directly, and the answer would support an argument of mine and it bothers you........that's why you don't respond.

;)

Now, you can go back to roasting markfromj

Reactions: 83Hawk
This is a nuanced one. I’ll admit to not being sure on the history here. I think “Vikings” are consider long-ago (600 years?) Nordic explorers to North America, right? That is, there are not really “Vikings” today. Is that right?

If so, I’d say fine for this portrayal.

If it’s not right, then I’ll reconsider.
are you suggesting someone is trying to harm the Norwegians based on a Vikings mascot ?

I'll chime in here. My grandmother was 100% Native American and influenced some American Indian values in me. I've had numerous family members on our Tribal Council and in charge of Tribal events, fundraisers and the yearly Pow Wow. As far as the Redskins/ Seminoles thing I never heard one person in my tribe complaining about it. If anything they said change Redskins to an actual Tribe name or an actual chief if they are forced too.

In my experience Natives are such a forgotten minority in this country the last thing they want to do is bitch about little things and further alienate themselves.

But anyways FSU to the Big Ten huh? Lmao
100% indigenous, that’s impressive nowadays.
I agree, indigenous people are definitely one of the least mentioned minorities. Do you mind sharing what tribe you’re family belongs too?

are you suggesting someone is trying to harm the Norwegians based on a Vikings mascot ?
The twisting machinations and over analysis by this guy are laughable. So much hand wringing. If he would just stop and say "Hey, I just want people to be treated with respect" we'd all nod in agreement. But this ongoing application of some constantly morphing algorithm is classic.

ADCreHexND16rY0RHL3DnJY1mKkWR6D-rImXwYSNHWYtwQgxX2Vx_inchstYDhWRond2EFUGwWUjspon2vA-FQgTPTUEUQuiCirpXTzifnhbL51o3ZEWdk5i5lYLQ5Sr1eZ4Iq9c1p4pVPytbbMdqNarQJLj9HVsruwvNIiVXOWax29kKkLunThwZ2GN-1oWLhlh4rRNPGRN7qH-vo8h_DTPt5vcnRCUWEds2gG5eFzw1NYnLJMEhumP-Ff8GrbS57rvhMqXJFG_e8bS3TuSsanuOMwwKY9PwTj_gJxXzj88cLIX8rQ9Raeg00F03kZNkwT1UqjS9KmluQrgFWNHvf0BEMdQdIN-We5JUz80r0-Xg_DPIBDiYgaWuV7jz2escsVuiWZQzt1qWzmvb2A3XaIsTYUeO7Dl5XkGoWKUT_GSo8W0qk4h-G18rMC5sdBy1lGtn_TukayhEc8n59hmWWAnnQ4zbwdMHzzwlDpuPCfUtijKAaWR7dUHWE-56MrIPAO9ahCBFf9G0XofVkU62qYUCcVYi-tl6upv8SOYJKrbk_G1acdQS-eadPRDugT1hfi9-dYuIjRkqYrcyM7uSLLxc9H8SnNdxHNvUMdLFSYD02NY_NPqqR61iAiY_OKL06E4rnUQsCtbEJWOAQu2-O-WzdU8LqigVLWaB8c3_o-3mnsRqnq1I9Kovef-HTyc-JNvHBT5kzJQoRVd_xNWCoIJ6EfxBV5aWsPL1OsAdPnCCminUyPO2Jqjxn8ZgVBRMJsXRWbZFejMgwZLfUb3eMu4qd6JqEqeuFC2DfK4Kn7cFFw3X6S9sBTSnwLbrf2VYBu6QYuyJAKZvfCp5xzY0A8WJPXn06reJzPLzriCpvdar8U9mawAXIPohxp0j3QZoq5MNA=w397-h283-s-no-gm

I agree, indigenous people are definitely one of the least mentioned minorities. Do you mind sharing what tribe you’re family belongs too?
We are part Sioux and Ponca. My Family including my kids are enrolled with The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska. The Sioux have a little involvement in the Dakotas.

A very quick Google of the Pine Ridge Reservation and you'll see why family is attached to the Ponca Tribe and not Sioux.

Last edited:
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Chief Standing Bear of the Ponca Tribe (my tribe) had a huge hand in getting the courts back in the day to recognize Native Americans as citizens. He was allowed a small amount of time to speak at trial and had a beautiful quote...

'My hand is not the color of yours, but if I pierce it, I shall feel pain. If you pierce your hand, you also feel pain. The blood that will flow from mine will be of the same color as yours.

Sorry for the history lesson lol

Last edited:
Chief Standing Bear of the Ponca Tribe had a huge hand in getting the courts back in the day to recognize Native Americans as citizens. He was allowed a small amount of time to speak at trial and had a beautiful quote...

'My hand is not the color of yours, but if I pierce it, I shall feel pain. If you pierce your hand, you also feel pain. The blood that will flow from mine will be of the same color as yours.

There is only one race, the human race.

I am a Trump supporter. Could you list the "known views ("behaviors")" you referenced above? I want to see how closely I match up with your image of Trump supporters.

• Wow
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Any dispute over the use of the name Seminole should be between FSU and the Seminole Nation. There are too many busy body outsiders meddling in others affairs.
Exactly 100% this and including other tribes.

Like my posts above if Omaha got an NFL team and chose the "Poncas" or the "Standing Bears" for a team name 90% of my tribe wouldn't care and would take pride in it. But I can't speak for Seminole Nation.

NOR would I want a neighboring or other tribe complaining for us if that were to happen.

Im not here to argue you at all and fully agree with the 1st quote. May I ask though what about the Seminole to you is offensive? Is it the warrior itself or the person portraying it?
The portrayal of a Seminole in only one way: That of a warring Chief Osceola.

The portrayal of a Seminole in only one way: That of a warring Chief Osceola.
Ok that's fair because that is what it is

I will say though a lot of Native American sports back in the day blended the fun of sport with need for self defense/need to attack.

Thats why a lot of portrayals of Natives are always on horseback with spears or bows
Natives even played the earliest form of what we know today as lacrosse.

Do you believe the Chicago Blackhawks logo is offensive? I personally think that is one of the best and beautiful logos in sports.

Chief Standing Bear of the Ponca Tribe (my tribe) had a huge hand in getting the courts back in the day to recognize Native Americans as citizens. He was allowed a small amount of time to speak at trial and had a beautiful quote...

I appreciate you sharing! My grandfather was a 1/4 Native American, Blackfoot if my mom is correct. I’ve always respected and admired Native American culture and I wish I was more connected with my Native heritage.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT