ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the BIG in next 30 days?

I appreciate you sharing! My grandfather was a 1/4 Native American, Blackfoot if my mom is correct. I’ve always respected and admired Native American culture and I wish I was more connected with my Native heritage.
Yup I am blessed. It wasn't uncommon to have fried bread in place of dinner rolls, have had plenty of beef heart and noodles. Also have had fried Cow brain.

I once as a kid put an empty plastic bottle of Mtn Dew in a bonfire and got the tongue lashing of my life from my grandmother

Last edited:
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
The portrayal of a Seminole in only one way: That of a warring Chief Osceola.
Again....it's not offensive to them. And you have no right to tell them it is.

And yet, you think it's ok for Notre Dame to depict the Irish in one way......as brawling leprechauns.

Hypocrite.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
How about the Notre Dame mascot? The Fighting Irish. Talk about dehumanizing! A poll should go out to every person of Irish descent and make a change if the real Irish don't like it. Same with the Vikings. :p
Yep, the Irish are all a bunch of drunk, pugilistic midget Celts.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Again....it's not offensive to them. And you have no right to tell them it is.

And yet, you think it's ok for Notre Dame to depict the Irish in one way......as brawling leprechauns.

Hypocrite.

Agreed. I have no right to tell anyone else what is offensive to them.

I do have a right, however, to say what I see as wrong and dangerous. And that is what I have been doing here.

Re: Notre Dame: As I’ve said at least twice in this thread, ND does not depict the Irish as fighting. They depict the Fighting Irish as fighting. See the distinction? They are not stereotyping.

I appreciate you sharing! My grandfather was a 1/4 Native American, Blackfoot if my mom is correct. I’ve always respected and admired Native American culture and I wish I was more connected with my Native heritage.
I am just 1/4 myself but have been lucky to learn and experience Native culture. If you can't connect with your heritage there is nothing wrong with reading and learning about it!

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP

I do have a right, however, to say what I see as wrong and dangerous. And that is what I have been doing here.

Re: Notre Dame: As I’ve said at least twice in this thread, ND does not depict the Irish as fighting. They depict the Fighting Irish as fighting. See the distinction? They are not stereotyping.
I want to give you the benefit of the doubt but I feel you are picking fly sh!t out of pepper at this point

Agreed. A major metro + nearby international airport will greatly helps Miami's case.
why-not-both.jpg

1. FSU's mascot is not dangerous. What a dumb thing to say. You saying it does not make it so. Nor is it wrong because you say it is. It isn't wrong to the Seminoles.

2. ND most certainly DOES depict the Irish as fighting. Fighting leprechauns. Labeling an entire group of people as fighters (and leprechauns), should be WRONG according to you. It is a perfect example of stereotyping. In fact, calling them "Fighting" Irish is much worse!

But you are a hypocrite.

All you are doing here is making a fool of yourself.

Last edited:
I am just 1/4 myself but have been lucky to learn and experience Native culture. If you can't connect with your heritage there is nothing wrong with reading and learning about it!
I agree and enjoy reading about it. I meant actually being immersed in it. Unfortunately my grandfather wasn’t the best guy so our family doesn’t really talk about him or his family much. I get bits and pieces from my mom, but not much.

2. ND most certainly DOES depict the Irish as fighting. Fighting leprechauns. Labeling an entire group of people as fighters (and leprechauns), should be WRONG according to you. It is a perfect example of stereotyping. In fact, calling them "Fighting" Irish is much worse!
But ND is not "labeling an entire group of people as fighters". They are only labeling "the fighting Irish" as...fighters, which they would be by definition.

They are not including/labeling the "praying Irish" or the "running Irish" or the "doctoring Irish" or the "card-playing Irish". Only the "fighting Irish" are depicted.

Now, I do suspect the origin of the NAME "Fighting Irish" was calling upon a stereotype. But the mascot depiction of those "Fighting Irish" is not a stereotype.

But ND is not "labeling an entire group of people as fighters". They are only labeling "the fighting Irish" as...fighters, which they would be by definition.

They are not including/labeling the "praying Irish" or the "running Irish" or the "doctoring Irish" or the "card-playing Irish". Only the "fighting Irish" are depicted.

Now, I do suspect the origin of the NAME "Fighting Irish" was calling upon a stereotype. But the mascot depiction of those "Fighting Irish" is not a stereotype.
They are labeling all Irish as fighting leprechauns. It is most definitely a stereotype.

You are just trolling and no longer worth responding to.

They are labeling all Irish as fighting leprechauns. It is most definitely a stereotype.

You are just trolling and no longer worth responding to.

Stereotyping is a funny thing and we all do it…none more consistent and obvious than city people vs country people and some of it is actually true.

What does it mean for a stereotype to be “true”?

Well what is a stereotype? It’s something that has been observed in a group. But it isn’t indicative of the whole group.

For example I am Irish and we do like whisky, AND we have been fighters, but that isn’t true of all of us, but enough that it became a stereotype.

Enough that Irish people don’t discount it in their parenting🤷‍♂️

Well what is a stereotype? It’s something that has been observed in a group. But it isn’t indicative of the whole group.
Observed by who when? And how comprehensive was the observation?

And your second sentence is what makes stereotyping so dangerous. Even if 80% of HORT guys are thought to have, and do indeed have, 12 inch schlongs, the ones with 14 inch schlongs now are looked upon as less endowed than they are. And perhaps are persecuted for something not even true of them.

A stereotype is only “true” if every member of the group possesses the trait, and every future member will.

Observed by who when? And how comprehensive was the observation?

And your second sentence is what makes stereotyping so dangerous. Even if 80% of HORT guys are thought to have, and do indeed have, 12 inch schlongs, the ones with 14 inch schlongs now are looked upon as less endowed than they are. And perhaps are persecuted for something not even true of them.

A stereotype is only “true” if every member of the group possesses the trait, and every future member will.

Unless, you are doing the stereotyping and we have established you do, as does everyone!

Dangerous?

wow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT