ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia judge considers eligibility of Fani Willis

Damn. This was the case that I thought Trump had the best chance of losing, and that Trump could go to jail before the election.

I wonder if Georgia can proceed with another prosecutor without being delayed.

Reactions: funksouljon
Damn. This was the case that I thought Trump had the best chance of losing, and that Trump could go to jail before the election.

I wonder if Georgia can proceed with another prosecutor without being delayed.
I'm still frankly a little mystified at how all of this rises to the level of a disqualification motion, but undocumented cash payments in a public system is not generally an advisable thing.

I'm still frankly a little mystified at how all of this rises to the level of a disqualification motion, but undocumented cash payments in a public system is not generally an advisable thing.
I know, right?! One would think there would need to be some misconduct related to handling of cases to be disqualified.

They can still proceed with the case if she is disqualified. There is a council that would be tasked select a new prosecutor to take over but the big issue will be finding someone who is willing to do it. RICO cases are extremely complicated and expensive so I don't think there will be many lining up to take this not to mention the political issues of trying this during an election year.

• Love
Reactions: Sharky1203
If Willis were removed the case collapses for a year. This is not much of a legal strategy as a ploy for time. If anyone thinks that another DA wouldn't be picked apart like Trump's team is doing to Willis you are high. She has multiple guilty pleas already, and some airtight cases. Destroying the prosecutor is his best hope.
Trump has run this play all the way back to the 1970s when his lawyers compared a prosecutor to a Nazi. Every prosecutor is compromised or against him. Any judge who doesn't rule for him is a foreigner, or corrupt.

The judge seemed to be getting frustrated with the defense team.
When you don’t have the facts you argue the law. If you don’t have the law you argue the facts. If you have neither you pound the table, or something like that.

Scruddy, just curious.

But, do you have your visa and other affairs in order when it comes time for you and your ilk for the immediate departure for Russia?

Asking for a "friend".
Russia, Russia, Russia lmfao

None to the defendants, but she has tainted the outcome from a public relations perspective. She’s an idiot.
Look around a courthouse, or your workplace, and tell me how much dating there is?
If it hadn’t been this it would have been something else. The defense team is slandering her because their are screwed legally. A bunch of defendants have flipped, and the rats left in the bucket are trying to claw their way out. There is no proof that anything improper happened, just hysterical rumors by a guy who has played this same card over and over in life.

Look around a courthouse, or your workplace, and tell me how much dating there is?
If it hadn’t been this it would have been something else. The defense team is slandering her because their are screwed legally. A bunch of defendants have flipped, and the rats left in the bucket are trying to claw their way out. There is no proof that anything improper happened, just hysterical rumors by a guy who has played this same card over and over in life.
So far the defense has failed to prove that they dated before the trial, that he got the job because they dated, that he paid for anything more than a few dinners for her, or that the whole hiring was based on them having a relationship. The defense can't prove any of this. But we're supposed to scrap the whole case? No thanks.

So far the defense has proven none of their claims. You can remove her but it had better be based on actual evidence. And there is no actual evidence to warrant removal.

They've identified personal financial incentives tied to her prosecuting this case,.. she's gone.

Reactions: hawkedoff
They've identified personal financial incentives tied to her prosecuting this case,.. she's gone.
They've proven nothing. Even their claims that Wade isn't qualified went nowhere. He was in charge of the grand jury effort and returned 19 high profile felonies. He has been excellent so far. She's not going anywhere unless she wants to.

They've proven nothing. Even their claims that Wade isn't qualified went nowhere. He was in charge of the grand jury effort and returned 19 high profile felonies. He has been excellent so far. She's not going anywhere unless she wants to.

They don't have to prove anything, all they need to do is acknowledge the appearance of impropriety,... she's gone.

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
Outside of briefs that should get defense attorneys disbarred, what proof is there that the investigation was tainted.
?

It's not about the investigation, it's about her reasons for being involved in the investigation,.. she's gone.

None. Even if the defense could prove that he gave her kickbacks, which they definitely can't, there is no proof this destroys the case. How would him paying for a trip affect what Trump did?

It doesn't, the case can continue,.. without her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT