ADVERTISEMENT

Goodson

I just don't get posts like this. Tyler was rubbing fun speed towards the LOS and even a decently thrown ball is easily caught there for at least a first down.

Instead, the ball is way behind forcing him to stop on a dime and pivot to his back shoulder. Just because a ball hits somebody in the hands doesn't mean it should have been caught. That's the most casual fan/old man take of all time.

Not a drop and not a ball that should have been caught. That's insanely obvious to anyone who has played football.
I basically agree, but Tyler did say he should have caught it because it did hit him in the hands. I recognize that he’s expected to say that so as not to throw his QB under the bus, but he presumably believes it at least to some degree.

Tough to call it an old man take when it came from Tyler’s mouth. That said, it was clearly a bad throw and this isn’t all on Tyler. His coaches know this; in the end, that’s what matters most.

I just don't get posts like this. Tyler was rubbing fun speed towards the LOS and even a decently thrown ball is easily caught there for at least a first down.

Instead, the ball is way behind forcing him to stop on a dime and pivot to his back shoulder. Just because a ball hits somebody in the hands doesn't mean it should have been caught. That's the most casual fan/old man take of all time.

Not a drop and not a ball that should have been caught. That's insanely obvious to anyone who has played football.
Oh, I played football. Maybe you did too. If you did...I'm betting you were terrible and kind of a pussy.

Catchable ball....and he should have caught it, snowflake.

This will just embolden KF more and justify why it’s a terrible idea to throw swing passes to your backs in space or simple check-downs.

Our new OC is dead in the water.

Oh, I played football. Maybe you did too. If you did...I'm betting you were terrible and kind of a pussy.

No, that was a bad throw. The QB is to blame here. I know you weren't addressing me, but I enjoy calling out posters when they reply like you did. :)

Reactions: bojihawk44
No, that was a bad throw. The QB is to blame here. I know you weren't addressing me, but I enjoy calling out posters when they reply like you did. :)
Yep....bad throw. Bad throws can be caught....and that pass should have been caught, especially under the circumstances.

I'll take Tyler at his word, not yours or any other dipshit on this forum board claiming it wasn't catchable.

Tyler himself disagrees. Sounds like you've been watching Iowa receivers too long

What do you expect Goodson to say? "My QB made a really bad pass and I had to stop my route and spin back to have a chance?"

A quality person/player like Goodson is going to say exactly what he said.... It's a play that I need to make.

I guessing the QB will also say that he needs to make a better throw.

I read through all of these takes before watching the video of the play. Based on the various opinions I was prepared to see anything from the ball hitting him right in the chest while he was standing still, to it being 10 feet over his head.

Having played a lot of QB, probably at a higher level in my own mind then in reality, I am very comfortable in saying that was a terrible throw. Of course you want your NFL RB to catch that, but if you think the degree of difficulty in making a better throw there is greater than the degree of difficulty of making that catch, then you are just plain wrong.

I hope Minshew took some accountability as well.

Not sure if there are other angles out there, but that looks to be 100% tipped, which may have made the throw behind and slowed down.

Absolutely horrible pass from a professional QB. Lead the RB and he’s off to the races with a blocker in front and one man to make miss. Throw it behind him and he’s lucky to catch it while likely not staying in his feet.

Look at the replay and you’ll see the OL gave him a rather wide perfect passing window to put the ball through where it should have been.
That is kind of throw you get out of backup quality QB.

The ball was highly catchable...RB catch makes that catch 70% of the time. That isn't a bad drop, but bad timing to not make the play. Goodson man'ed up and took the blame---next time he'll make the play. That Indianapolis team wasn't very good and wasn't going to win Super Bowl.

That was a horrible throw from Menshew! If he puts that on his body it’s an easy first down. Could it have been caught? Yeah, but it certainly wasn’t any easy catch on a dead sprint with all his momentum going the other way.

All Menshew had to do was put the ball anywhere out in front of Goodson. The defenders were completely focused on the WR.

Reactions: BonzoFury
Lousy throw but he had his hands on it. You'd expect nothing less from TG than to take responsibility. I'm curious what Minshew had to say.
This isn't as if TG dropped a sure TD pass out in the open.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye

Yeah maybe Indy should've played better D the possession before not allowing a TD and then they wouldn't have been in that 4th down situation? See, it does go both ways and not calling out any posters yet you can play that game all day long. Yep, in the hands yet its 50% on Tyler and 50% QB, and yes, VERY tough situation to be tossed into late in a pressure game in the 4th q, they were riding the Taylor horse and suddenly went pass, maybe that should've been the 3rd down call...

He did play football. He is humble and won't likely mention it but he was an all state Linebacker. About 6'3 240lbs. Be careful who you run your mouth to. Fair warning
Don't threaten me asshole...you're wasting your time. I'm not concerned about internet tough guys.

Tyler himself disagrees. Sounds like you've been watching Iowa receivers too long
Yeah, I replayed that frame by frame. A professional should catch that ball. He had turned to face it. Once he did that, I would say it wasn't even off beyond his side. He simply pulled his hands away too early.

Don't threaten me asshole...you're wasting your time. I'm not concerned about internet tough guys.
I'm not threatening you at all. I was just describing to you the person you were calling a pussy.
You realize you are the one being the internet tough guy calling people pussys and assholes. No need for that. Humility is a great quality to have.

I'm not threatening you at all. I was just describing to you the person you were calling a pussy.
You realize you are the one being the internet tough guy calling people pussys and assholes. No need for that. Humility is a great quality to have.
Good grief man....just stop. You threatened me...I called you out on it...and I asked you not to do that. Trying to be a tough guy and attempting to threaten and intimidate (especially on the internet) is a horrible quality to have.

Good grief man....just stop. You threatened me...I called you out on it...and I asked you not to do that. Trying to be a tough guy and attempting to threaten and intimidate (especially on the internet) is a horrible quality to have.
Incorrect. I did not threaten you. I was informing you that the person you called a pussy is far from it. We are done here. You either get it or you don't. And you don't.

Incorrect. I did not threaten you. I was informing you that the person you called a pussy is far from it. We are done here. You either get it or you don't. And you don't.
Incorrect. I'm quoting you now...."fair warning". Sure sounds like a threat to me....especially when put into context of your other statements in the same post. You're right...we are done here. You wont threaten or try to intimidate me again.

Absolutely horrible pass from a professional QB. Lead the RB and he’s off to the races with a blocker in front and one man to make miss. Throw it behind him and he’s lucky to catch it while likely not staying in his feet.

Look at the replay and you’ll see the OL gave him a rather wide perfect passing window to put the ball through where it should have been.

Agreed. Shit throw by Minshew. He threw to where Goodson was and not to where he was going.

Reactions: LIV4GOD
Incorrect. I'm quoting you now...."fair warning". Sure sounds like a threat to me....especially when put into context of your other statements in the same post. You're right...we are done here. You wont threaten or try to intimidate me again.
Snowflake

Minshew threw a bad ball, but it was catchable
Catchable, but to his left, away from the goal line. Minshew does a lot of good things, but he is not very accurate when he needs to be.

FWIW - did I Smith-Marsette fumble at the goal line yesterday? Panthers went on to get shut out.

You must have an "interesting" definition of snowflake. Way to jump in out of nowhere and make such a solid contribution.

Catchable ball....and he should have caught it, snowflake.”

I just can’t compete with your level of contribution and in a fit of insecurity couldn’t help but yell snowflake!

Your self unawareness energy could fuel a rocket to mars.

But yes to the topic. It was catchable. But on pass that is five yards away you shouldn’t be throwing the ball the opposite of your receivers momentum, especially when it’s a player that doesn’t see the field as much. So I think it’s fair to place blame on both.

But still not as sad as seeing the once 1 seed Jaguars collapse their last six games and miss the playoffs, ooof.

Oh you played football and you made every tackle, never missed a tackle, or a block, or never fumbled, or dropped a pass or threw a poor pass.

C'mon, Tyler was running at a decent speed at an angle away from where the ball was thrown, which was low and behind him. And you should know how hard it would be to get your body turned and especially his left arm totally turned across his body and get his left hand securely on the ball.

Every one of 100 QB coaches would say "poor pass, worst location possible, very dfficult catch"

Lousy throw but he had his hands on it. You'd expect nothing less from TG than to take responsibility. I'm curious what Minshew had to say.
This isn't as if TG dropped a sure TD pass out in the open.
He barely got his left hand on it, look again

Reactions: BonzoFury
Oh you played football and you made every tackle, never missed a tackle, or a block, or never fumbled, or dropped a pass or threw a poor pass.

C'mon, Tyler was running at a decent speed at an angle away from where the ball was thrown, which was low and behind him. And you should know how hard it would be to get your body turned and especially his left arm totally turned across his body and get his left hand securely on the ball.

Every one of 100 QB coaches would say "poor pass, worst location possible, very dfficult catch"
Good grief....I played high school football....I'm not an NFL RB. Of course I missed tackles, and dropped a pass or two (several, I'm sure). I'm not debating that the pass was poorly thrown! I'm stating my strong opinion that the ball was in fact catchable....and especially given the circumstances...and especially considering he is an NFL RB....he should have caught that pass. He knows it...and he stated that he should have made the play. He's not making excuses....and you should stop making excuses for a dropped pass that should have been caught.

Yeah, I don't get the "drop" angle. It was a shitty pass behind him.
Short pass....hit him in both hands....he wasn't diving for the ball....he wasn't getting hit by a defender while trying to make the catch...it was a big play at 4th and 1 that needed to made...he's in the NFL trying to retain a spot on the roster to build a career.....HE SHOULD HAVE MADE THE CATCH. He didn't, and I'm sure he is/was devastated because he knows he should have made the play. He "man'd up" and admitted it was on him. I respect his honesty, and I hope he continues to grow a a career of success in the NFL.

Get it????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT