ADVERTISEMENT

Has your optimism changed with DH in the portal?

Current optimism level

• Yes, my optimism if off the charts!

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • I have more optimism than when DH was taking snaps at the Spring practice

Votes: 125 69.1%
  • Meh - same.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • Still no optimism until KF is gone.

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • F' Wisconsin

Votes: 21 11.6%

• Total voters
or when stanzi couldn't "beat out" worm killer christiansen?
Stanzi was a freshman in 2007.....he was never going to unseat a guy who'd already been in the program a few years. He did end up beating out Jake the next year in '08 as a sophomore.

Considering Deacon was arguably the worst QB in the power 5, yes. Couple that with Tim Lester's experience as a QB, I think we'll finally start seeing better QB play. Because he'll be able to ascertain actual talent and skill unlike previous OCs.

Even with a competent QB, we could be a 1 loss team this year with a ticket to the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
If Lester can groom a QB to be efficient with his offense then we may have something. Ultimately, I felt Brian's biggest shortfall was his ability to adjust during the game.

Yes, I feel more optimistic. Still need to see on-field results, so it's definitely guarded optimism, but if Hill saw the writing on the wall and that prompted him to jump into the portal, this gives me a glimmer of hope that maybe Lester is sparking some change.

In the 2023, it was plain that Hill was THEIR GUY once McNamara went down.

It is kind of sad in the Ferentz era that we have had 1 great quarterback and our current situation makes me miss Stanzi, Tate, Beathard, or Stanley.
Great is pretty subjective word but I’d say that’s pretty accurate in terms of college quarterbacks. Definitely pretty incredible he’s had as much success as he’s had with overall mediocre quarterback play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT