ADVERTISEMENT

How is Iowa stacking up against similar schools in NIL?

Jul 30, 2004
It is very obvious that, for better or worse, college football/basketball may have changed more in the last 12-18 months than the previous decade with the Transfer Portal and NIL. All I have read on here is that despite the best efforts of some, Iowa is lagging in NIL.

I am curious as to how Iowa compares to some of its peers in these early days of NIL? By peers, I mean fellow Big Ten West brethren and Iowa State. I would expect that Iowa would not do as well in NIL as the following:

• Nebraska: while they will never have their glory days, Nebraska has much greater tradition than any other Big Ten West school, and has the largest/most dedicated fanbase of the bunch.
  • Wisconsin: simply a bigger footprint being the only big school in a higher population state. Also, Wisconsin has stronger leadership in athletics than does Iowa.

On paper, one would think that Iowa would do better than the remaining schools -- Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Minnesota, and Iowa State -- in NIL. Iowa has a better football program than each of these, and has better attendance at games.

I'd be fascinated to know how Iowa is shaking up, and the reasons why.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News