ADVERTISEMENT

How many titles do these two win at Iowa?

Bucky712

HR All-American
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2019
Assuming Ben either moves to DE if he chooses both sports, or just focuses on wrestling. What happens to Zach Glazier? Does he drop to 184 to make way for the champ?

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Assuming Ben either moves to DE if he chooses both sports, or just focuses on wrestling. What happens to Zach Glazier? Does he drop to 184 to make way for the champ?

Not sure what heavyweight is going to look like after this year, where there is still 3 senior studs. I would say after this year, Ben could get 2-3 if full time wrestler, but with very limited mat time it really hard to say. AJ will have a tough time with Starr this year, then the next 2 years with Marisol’s, Sinclair, and Carroll, but I think Carroll will be lucky to hold 197 for a year. I would guess 2 for AJ and 1 for Ben if he continues to do 2 sports.

Reactions: el dub and Bucky712
would you take a bet on BK winning a NC at iowa? How about AJ ever wrestling at Iowa? I would say the best bet would be to bet against both. BK has a better chance to win it all than AJ actually wrestling at Iowa though.
If he gave me odds based on the percentages he allotted for both? Absofreakinglutley!

If it were a simple, even money line bet? Probably not....

Reactions: el dub and Hawkgma
So you disagree then?

I'd be more optimistic on Ben if he was going to wrestle full time. He's going to be pretty good, regardless.
I think the odds of A.J. wrestling for Iowa are MUCH higher than you do. So, I am close to 50/50 on that one and probably around 20/80 on Ben winning a title before he is done. Still, that means I would want odds before betting on either happening. But, if I had a gun to my head, I would probably say 2 titles between them( 1 each)....

AJ would win 2 IF he can wrestle no doubt in my mind about that but it’s a BIG if!! Kueter could win 3 if he focused solely on wrestling he’s that good but I don’t see that happening but I still think he wins 1. They could win up to 5 but for now I’ll say 1 because don’t know if AJ will ever wrestle again and I believe Kueter will always be a 2 sport athlete.

The thing for BIG Ben is , 1)will he Wrestle, 2) how BIG will he be next year? As someone said, He looks to me, like he should be moving to D end. That being said, in his recent pic, he looks more ripped then bulked. He should be looking to get to a FULL 275 pounds. At that weight, he can go with ANYONE as long as he puts in enough time on the mat, and that includes KerKin!!!

If he is not starting and/or getting at least a decent amount of playing time in Football, maybe he commits more time to wrestling while continuing to develop?

For AJ, it is just a matter of getting his act together and maybe that is a bigger issue then once thought? If he is a FULL GO at start of season, NO ONE is beating him including StarFish! You may not like him? Does not matter, he is BIG STRONG QUICK ATHLETIC!!!!

HOPEFULLY it does not all go to waste!

Now lets get some of these other pieces in place and watch as IOWA does what they say "can't be done!!!!"

Nick Feldman is going to be a major obstacle at hwt for the next 3 years. Not unbeatable but I'm not picking our guy in that match any time soon. I would put the O/U for combined titles in a hawk singlet at 1.5 at -110.

Reactions: GlenHawk
time house GIF

Nick Feldman is going to be a major obstacle at hwt for the next 3 years. Not unbeatable but I'm not picking our guy in that match any time soon. I would put the O/U for combined titles in a hawk singlet at 1.5 at -110.
Feldman aint big enough IF BIG Ben, well gets BIG!!! His 6'4" frame would give everyone NIGHTMARES!!!
To me AJ vs Starocci, AJ’s style of being defensive he loses on stalling points.
You MIGHT wanna actually watch wrestling before commenting on a wrestling board. StarFish is NO offensive dynamo and even FULL ON the great krailure magic formula. Will be PUNY at 197! The BET should be, have fast StarFish DUCKS if AJ is back!?!?!?

• Haha
Reactions: Spoons and NitFan53
Feldman aint big enough IF BIG Ben, well gets BIG!!! His 6'4" frame would give everyone NIGHTMARES!!!

You MIGHT wanna actually watch wrestling before commenting on a wrestling board. StarFish is NO offensive dynamo and even FULL ON the great krailure magic formula. Will be PUNY at 197! The BET should be, have fast StarFish DUCKS if AJ is back!?!?!?
I've got a bet for you.

I'll give you $100 if AJ wrestles for the Hawks next year, if you accept the following conditions:
  • If AJ wrestles for the Hawks and does not face Starocci (e.g. he's kicked off the team over break, injured, they are at different weights), you keep the $100 (no strings)
    if AJ "ducks" the dual match with Starocci for any reason (duck = wrestling a week before or two after) - $100 back to me
  • If Starocci "ducks" the match with AJ (same conditions) - I'll give you $250 more
  • Any Starocci-AJ match (dual, B1Gs, Nationals) - $1000 bet each match - no backing out - I've got Starocci. You're welcome to raise that figure if you like.
If you can prove to me that you're gainfully employed, I'd gladly accept a deal where we sent it to someone like @smalls103 as it accrues and he dispersed it after the season. Heck, it might even be worth it to take you at your word - the $100 risk would be worth the entertainment.

My most likely outcome here is breaking even or losing $100. And even if Ferrari somehow gets his head straightened out, you're probably not going to pay when he loses. You can't possibly really, really think that he beats Starocci. Can you.....?

Last edited:
I think the odds of A.J. wrestling for Iowa are MUCH higher than you do. So, I am close to 50/50 on that one and probably around 20/80 on Ben winning a title before he is done. Still, that means I would want odds before betting on either happening. But, if I had a gun to my head, I would probably say 2 titles between them( 1 each)....

I'm not betting anyone. That's dumb.

LOL at the idea that a guy who hasn't wrestled anywhere for 2 years, blew his first chance at Iowa, and is a general miscreant is somehow going to win a title at Iowa.

He'd be a solid 197 or so in 2-3 months. It's quote easy when you've been cutting. O went from 131 to 150 in 4 weeks once. Single digit bodyfat % after a cut then eating everything in sight was a lot easier than taking it off.

I've got a bet for you.

I'll give you $100 if AJ wrestles for the Hawks next year, if you accept the following conditions:
  • If AJ wrestles for the Hawks and does not face Starocci (e.g. he's kicked off the team over break, injured, they are at different weights), you keep the $100 (no strings)
    if AJ "ducks" the dual match with Starocci for any reason (duck = wrestling a week before or two after) - $100 back to me
  • If Starocci "ducks" the match with AJ (same conditions) - I'll give you $250 more
  • Any Starocci-AJ match (dual, B1Gs, Nationals) - $1000 bet each match - no backing out - I've got Starocci. You're welcome to raise that figure if you like.
If you can prove to me that you're gainfully employed, I'd gladly accept a deal where we sent it to someone like @smalls103 as it accrues and he dispersed it after the season. Heck, it might even be worth it to take you at your word - the $100 risk would be worth the entertainment.

My most likely outcome here is breaking even or losing $100. And even if Ferrari somehow gets his head straightened out, you're probably not going to pay when he loses. You can't possibly really, really think that he beats Starocci. Can you.....?
I get $100 if AJ wrestles any match for IOWA? I get $250 when StarFish ducks or is NOT at 197?

No way you have $1000 of mommies money so the rest is just stupid!

Reactions: T8KUDWN

Attending 40 NCAA tournaments and 20 years wrestling 5 years old through college, I think I can formulate an OPINION

Reactions: el dub
Gable got released from the WWE and still has a year of eligibility. I wonder if he makes his ncaa comeback next year.

Reactions: xjohnx
Well, in fairness Glazier DID beat AJ this past year, although that match could have easily gone the other way.
Given that match went to OT, I think it’s not clear that AJ can win another championship, at all. I think we might all agree that he hasn’t been completely focused on improving (or maintaining) his wrestling skills these last few years.

Reactions: Mendoza77
Attending 40 NCAA tournaments and 20 years wrestling 5 years old through college, I think I can formulate an OPINION
Yes and there is something about that and A-holes and everyone has one etc..... But OK, I guess we shall see?
That would be impossible without steroids, right? Just based on what you’ve previously posted about weight gain among young men his age.
You are FINALLY correct about something CONGRATS! If you believe he is going on to play NFL football without some help???? Well........
That you were not able to correctly interpret all of the rules of the bet is the most unsurprising event related to Hawkeye wrestling since the double bird.
A 2nd grader could write better!!!
You OBVIOUSLY needed more caps and exclamation points to help keep him on track!!!
Shut up dummy
It’s amazing he’s even able to log in. Kudos to him for the overachievement.
see above!
Gable got released from the WWE and still has a year of eligibility. I wonder if he makes his ncaa comeback next year.
HOT DAMN!!!! Like I said, it just might get real, REAL QUICK!!! Insert GABLE into our line up!!!! UT OH F*** st bandwagon WUSSIES!!!!

I can’t keep the Ferraris straight but I don’t see the one doing a lot at 197 with the time off or lack of focus on wrestling. Or reduced focus. I guess other wrestlers have potentially passed him by who’ve been actively training or training were diligently the last few years.

As for this year, I believe kerk is coming back and the miresola twins will be at 197 and HW after that. They appear to be the real deal .

Yes and there is something about that and A-holes and everyone has one etc..... But OK, I guess we shall see?

You are FINALLY correct about something CONGRATS! If you believe he is going on to play NFL football without some help???? Well........

A 2nd grader could write better!!!

Shut up dummy

see above!

HOT DAMN!!!! Like I said, it just might get real, REAL QUICK!!! Insert GABLE into our line up!!!! UT OH F*** st bandwagon WUSSIES!!!!
I woulda stuffed you in so many lockers back in the day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT