ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical possibility: Biden turns down Debate but Kennedy and Trump Debate

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
If Biden turns down debating Trump (even though he already said he would), what would happen if Trump and Kennedy decided to debate? Would it hurt Trump more or Biden more? Because it stands to reason Kennedy can only get more support. Not less. The people voting for him are locked in. Who would he pull from in that instance? I think Kennedy hurts Trump way more.

If Biden turns down debating Trump (even though he already said he would), what would happen if Trump and Kennedy decided to debate? Would it hurt Trump more or Biden more? Because it stands to reason Kennedy can only get more support. Not less. The people voting for him are locked in. Who would he pull from in that instance? I think Kennedy hurts Trump way more.

More make-believe from the mind of MAGA. I know it's what you guys do.

it stands to reason Kennedy can only get more support. Not less. The people voting for him are locked in.
I’m not sure that’s true. I think some of his supporters might just see him as an interesting alternative because they see his lineage but don’t really know much about him.

Pulling back the curtain for 90 minutes might make some of his casual supporters aware of just how batshit crazy he is and send them running.

Kennedy is going to take votes from Trump regardless. The batshit crazies are drifting from MAGA to RFK.

Last edited:
More make-believe from the mind of MAGA. I know it's what you guys do.
You calling me a MAGA is the most make-believe thing there on this board. Just because you've chosen to slurp one candidate, regardless of how much dumb or racist shit he says, doesn't mean those that who don't, love the other guy. It just means we don't like slurping shit from old, racist, demented politicians like you do. Don't you have a "We hate Jews" "Free Palestine" flag you need to be knitting?

i don't think this place typically represents the real world, but...

look at who claims to support or is considering supporting RFK on this board - it ain't the biden people

i don't think this place typically represents the real world, but...

look at who claims to support or is considering supporting RFK on this board - it ain't the biden people
Did you read my post? Particularly the last sentence?

You calling me a MAGA is the most make-believe thing there on this board. Just because you've chosen to slurp one candidate, regardless of how much dumb or racist shit he says, doesn't mean those that who don't, love the other guy. It just means we don't like slurping shit from old, racist, demented politicians like you do. Don't you have a "We hate Jews" "Free Palestine" flag you need to be knitting?

MAGA in denial is still very much MAGA. Self awareness isn't your thing. Back to your fantasies....

MAGA in denial is still very much MAGA. Self awareness isn't your thing. Back to your fantasies....
8pa752.jpg

Voting for Kennedy is the stupidest thing a person can do. Kennedy has no shot at winning, and voting for him effectively gives a vote to the person you least want to win. This is called realistic.

Reactions: Tom Paris
More made up gotcha stupidity from the most boring poster on this forum. Ryan may be insane but at least he is occasionally entertaining. Have fun with your fantasies.
LOL...man. What a zinger. Boring. On a message board! Unlike you. A regular Jackie Gleason. Tell us another one, Jackie. We're on the edge of our seats.

Biden and Trump will debate one time.

It's pretty much a given that you have to debate at least once otherwise people will see you as a wimp if you just turn down all the debates. However I don't feel like the public expects more than one debate.

So both sides feel obligated to debate once but neither side wants more than one debate because neither side wants their guy rambling on for too long. Trump because they know he will say something crazy or stupid or both. Biden because he might start telling some old man story.

The debate will be a complete shit show that both sides will lose in terms of confidence with the American people but both sides will also claim victory.

I don't think either side will want Kennedy there and so he likely won't be there. If he was there the debate would be an even bigger shit show.

It's pretty much a given that you have to debate at least once otherwise people will see you as a wimp if you just turn down all the debates. However I don't feel like the public expects more than one debate.

So both sides feel obligated to debate once but neither side wants more than one debate because neither side wants their guy rambling on for too long. Trump because they know he will say something crazy or stupid or both. Biden because he might start telling some old man story.

The debate will be a complete shit show that both sides will lose in terms of confidence with the American people but both sides will also claim victory.

I don't think either side will want Kennedy there and so he likely won't be there. If he was there the debate would be an even bigger shit show.

Accurate

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler

Trump will ask to debate again so he can have the "He didn't want to debate" thing on his side.

Not showing up to a debate would really bad for Biden because all we would hear about is how afraid Biden was to debate Trump and how he can't keep up with Trump and blah blah blah. The media would, of course, lap this up as gospel truth while completely ignoring that Trump skipped every debate in the primary process. This is why Biden not showing up will never happen. What is far more likely to happen is Biden will show up, Trump will not, and the media will say how smart of a strategy it is that Trump skipped the debate. If Kennedy shows up the door will stay locked.

Trump will ask to debate again so he can have the "He didn't want to debate" thing on his side.

Maybe but I don't know how much his people would take that seriously. Republicans have a history of quibbling over the details of the debate.

Honestly I don't think it matters. I think the public expects you to debate once but other then that I think they see more debates as beating a dead horse, especially with these 2.

Not showing up to a debate would really bad for Biden because all we would hear about is how afraid Biden was to debate Trump and how he can't keep up with Trump and blah blah blah. The media would, of course, lap this up as gospel truth while completely ignoring that Trump skipped every debate in the primary process. This is why Biden not showing up will never happen. What is far more likely to happen is Biden will show up, Trump will not, and the media will say how smart of a strategy it is that Trump skipped the debate. If Kennedy shows up the door will stay locked.

Both Biden and Trump will show up. Otherwise they lose face. They know this so neither one will say no.

Kennedy will probably get locked out. I don't think either side wants him there and R's and D's pretty much have an unspoken agreement about 3rd parties and not legitimizing them.

Both Biden and Trump will show up. Otherwise they lose face. They know this so neither one will say no.

Kennedy will probably get locked out. I don't think either side wants him there and R's and D's pretty much have an unspoken agreement about 3rd parties and not legitimizing them.
This is likely the case, although Trump would be hurt far less than Biden would if he didn't show up.

This is our allegedly “left wing” media you are correctly describing

Reactions: BioHawk
Genius posting

Trump won't debate. He refused to during the primary and will refuse to in the general.

Some polls have kennedy at 16 points at present. Both him and trump are ahead of biden head to head in a 1 on 1. Anyone not seeing that kennedy will "steal" from both biden and trump is insane. Biden is reportedly down double digit points with the black and Hispanic vote already and dems aren't thinking about what the white suburban woman vote is going to go for between these 3 options. They're going to swarm to kennedy over the two men accused of sexual assault and rape.

Kennedy has the most to gain period. I think there should be at least one 3 person debate but I am skeptical that joe will be in a condition to take unscripted/pre-planned questions. I doubt they let him debate period.

Thinking about it, the Debate can ONLY be done on CNN. Biden (correctly) won't agree to a FOX debate and MSNBC has decided it's not allowed to show Trump talking live.

Reactions: seminoleed
Trump won't debate. He refused to during the primary and will refuse to in the general.

He refused in the primary because he was blowing everyone out of the water and it wasn't worth his time. Kind of similar to Biden. He didn't have to debate then.

This time in the general he has to debate or else he looks like a pussy. He will

He refused in the primary because he was blowing everyone out of the water and it wasn't worth his time. Kind of similar to Biden. He didn't have to debate then.

This time in the general he has to debate or else he looks like a pussy. He will
He refused one of the debates with Biden in 2020, too. Trump sucks at debates. Even his supporters agree. He won't debate

He refused one of the debates with Biden in 2020, too. Trump sucks at debates. Even his supporters agree. He won't debate

But he did one debate.

He has to do one debate, the public expects that you have to do it once. After that I don't think they care as much.

That's why I'm saying they will debate once. Neither side will want to debate more than once.

To the moon, Alice, to the moon!
I literally watched a clip online yesterday where Ralph got the bread and lasagne at the wrong places. He's yelling at Alice, "So what you're telling me is I'm going back down there?!?! That's what you're telling me?!?! Are you sure that's what you're telling me, Alice?!?!" She steps closer to him and said, "That's right." So Ralph picked up his keys. One of the first shows allowing women to be strong.

Reactions: EasyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT