ADVERTISEMENT

IAwrestle's first wrestling event - Night of Conflict

I've known about this for a few weeks. One of my good friends is working for IA Wrestle. I can't wait to see the Thomson vs. Mejia match. But I'm saying Mejia by at least 6 or 7. I'm telling you right now when Mejia's Hawk career is over he will have just as good or better results than Metcalf!! I am so excited to see this young man in Black and Gold. He's all in with the Hawks and he will fit perfectly as a Hawk!!!

I'm telling you right now when Mejia's Hawk career is over he will have just as good or better results than Metcalf!!
Huge fan of Mejia but this is almost impossible to predict. In 3 tries, Metcalf won 2 titles and made 3 finals appearances. He was 108-3 in his career with 85 bonus point wins.

Reactions: andegre
Mejia's going to be good, but he's not going to be 6 or 7 points better than Thomsen. That kid is/going to be a stud in his own right.

I was blown away by watching Thomsen at Fargo. That kid is amazing and has a motor, technique, great hips, different scoring moves and one hell of a blast double. I watched him and immediately thought about cheering for him in Black and Gold. I haven't seen as much of Meija so I'm excited to see this!

Reactions: pin2winIA
The more I think about it, the more I love it. Potentially a huge match for Thomsen. He can make a name for himself. The other side is Mejia gets a little practice at wrestling inside Carver. That's a dream team match there

We're also throwing around the idea of a shot clock and only doing two periods. Essentially going after freestyle rules without exposure points. Thoughts?

I've known about this for a few weeks. One of my good friends is working for IA Wrestle. I can't wait to see the Thomson vs. Mejia match. But I'm saying Mejia by at least 6 or 7. I'm telling you right now when Mejia's Hawk career is over he will have just as good or better results than Metcalf!! I am so excited to see this young man in Black and Gold. He's all in with the Hawks and he will fit perfectly as a Hawk!!!
Mejia would be the #1 kid in his weight class if he actually practiced freestyle.
Met Mejia with his family after his Agon loss in CR. The kid was still all smiles even after the loss cause of all the Iowa fans around him telling him they can't wait to see him wrestling in Carver. Oh, and he just straight up wore a Hawkeye singlet for his bout against Gomez too! The kid's already bought in to the Iowa program.

Reactions: andegre
We're also throwing around the idea of a shot clock and only doing two periods. Essentially going after freestyle rules without exposure points. Thoughts?
Couldn't you argue the threat of exposure points lead to more points? I see wrestlers bail when another guys in on them and concede the TD rather than risk getting exposed for even more points. No exposure favors the defender since they can roll around and look for a stall without risk of exposure points...

Want to keep it folk style. Average fans don't understand freestyle exposure points yet and also that eliminates a lot of scoring issues from officials.

Mejia would be the #1 kid in his weight class if he actually practiced freestyle.
Met Mejia with his family after his Agon loss in CR. The kid was still all smiles even after the loss cause of all the Iowa fans around him telling him they can't wait to see him wrestling in Carver. Oh, and he just straight up wore a Hawkeye singlet for his bout against Gomez too! The kid's already bought in to the Iowa program.

Have to admit that I love this kid too. Wish he was a year older so he could step in after a redshirt year.

Now we just need Lee to commit and we will be set. Would be great to get Suriano (and Renteria) too, but that would be a lot of scholly money put into the first couple weight classes (unless one of these guys starts growing). Would definitely hate to lose out on both Lee and Suriano though.

C'mon Lee, pull the trigger!!

Last edited:
I would like to see and Alex Thomsen vs. Jack Wagner matchup or a Brock Rathbun vs. Jack Wagner. Thomsen and Wagner would put on a clinic from their feet. IMO they are the two best in the state at being able to get to a leg.

Let's slow down before saying this kid will have a similar or better career to Metcalf. Those sort of prognostications just make you sound stupid.

I Would say Spencer Lee will overtop Metcalf's career.

Mejia can surpase Ramos or be right at mcds

Marinelli surpass Zalesky or Joe williams

Kemmerer equals Schwab

I'll be happy with these

Do you know why Mejia and Marinelli don't wrestle freestyle at all (besides Agon)? I'm sure they are going to do very well at Iowa, but it seems like an overwhelming majority of our top-shelf studs over the years have had international aspirations and wrestled freestyle before, during and after college.

I'm in favor of just the push out rule being added for this event. I want to see three periods and the mat wrestling with it.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT