******Illinois vs Iowa Game Thread******

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
2:30pm FS1
Iowa -3
O/U 31.5

And here we are, senior day in Kinnick. Which Iowa offense shoes up today? How well can Illinois exploit the loss of DeJean?

I have a bad feeling the hawks get behind early in this one and the TO bug hits the offense. Hope I’m wrong but I’m seeing a 20-10 loss.

Go hawks!

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Iowa -3
O/U 31.5

And here we are, senior day in Kinnick. Which Iowa offense shoes up today? How well can Illinois exploit the loss of DeJean?

I have a bad feeling the hawks get behind early in this one and the TO bug hits the offense. Hope I’m wrong but I’m seeing a 20-10 loss.

Go hawks!
I kind of have the same feeling.

Iowa -3
O/U 31.5

Go hawks!
Another bad omen.....Illinois hasn't won at Kinnick since 1999. Wasn't that the last time Minnesota had won in Kinnick? That streak will end at some point.....maybe today?

I had this game as a toss up before the season started....I now give a solid edge to Illinois because of Dejean's injury.

I really, really hope the Hawks can somehow find a way to win today, because I don't want them to have to win in Lincoln next week.

If the offense can play as well as they did last week....it should be a Hawk victory. If they play like they have in every other Big 10 game.....they are in trouble.

Gotta limit the big plays! Illinois is second in the Big 10 in big plays, and they will be attacking our weakened secondary. Pass rush will be the key.

No prediction, but I have a bad feeling about this game.

Iowa -3
O/U 31.5

Go hawks!
Don't worry, The Dean of B1G coaches, is not about to allow some also ran bottom feeder to ruin Sr Day at Kinnick two years in a row!! That's why he's paid the big bucks, and he's had all week to come up with what needs to be done to compensate for the loss of ONE player.

Very nervous.
Similarities to last year Neb debacle concern me.
No Cooper, dangerous receiver in Isaiah Williams....deja vu?
Senior day with West at stake....cmon Hawkeyes!

If the Hawks don't fall behind early in this game we can definitely win. The home crowd noise will be huge especially if goes down to the wire. As much as we need the offense to step up today, I can totally see the D being the difference maker. Hawks win 16-10.

Iowa -3
O/U 31.5

Go hawks!
Don’t blow it vs Bert or the awful Huskers, who have the worst qb roster ever assembled not called Iowa’s. Michigan and a real bowl game vs Bama or Washington loom. We want to see those games.

11am kickoffs for life.

I said days ago it would be classic Iowa to show up and stomp Rutgers, then turn around and lose to what is frankly a bad Illinois team. I don't think Coop's injury makes me feel even worse about our chances today. NEB and possible Indy game yes, but not this one.,

Screw Bielema in his Orange Maternity Shirt, and Blue Preggie Pants ~ Go Hawks!
He should just get a mu mu
Homer Simpson Mumu GIF

Parker CAN NOT mess around with Williams. I hope and assume he learned from Nebby and past Purdue games. Get the CB situation figured out by the beginning of Q2. If he does i predict 17-13 Hawks

Bert knows the corners play soft and the safteys just run up from 30 yds back and touch the piles. If Illini can complete a 9 yd out. Bert wins again.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
The 2024 Citrus Bowl is scheduled to be played on January 1, 2024, at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida.

The ReliaQuest Bowl (formerly the Outback) will be played on January 1, 2024 at Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL. It will feature teams from the SEC and Big Ten Conference or ACC (if a Big Ten team goes to the Orange Bowl).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT